National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) invites application for the recruitment of Laboratory Animal Veterinarian (Scientific Officer ‘C’) with B.Sc/ M.Sc holders
Company name :National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Posts :Laboratory Animal Veterinarian (Scientific Officer ‘C’)
Qualification : B.Sc/ M.Sc
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 31/10/2014
Details of Post :
Laboratory Animal Veterinarian (Scientific Officer ‘C’)
The Bangalore Biocluster, an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Laboratory Animal Veterinarian. The Bangalore Biocluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem(http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative biology and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Biocluster and beyond.
It is envisioned that the Laboratory Animal Veterinarian will work within the National Mouse Research Resource (NaMoR) project team to help in maintaining state of the art animal facility. The position provides opportunity to work in a world-class high-barrier animal facility and gain expertise in genetic management and husbandry of various inbred, outbred, immune-compromised and transgenic mice strains and overall professional development in a scientifically vibrant environment.
Required educational qualification:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry and Master’s Degree in Veterinary Science in any of the following disciplines viz, (Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Pharmacology, Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Surgery) with valid Registration.
- Training in Laboratory Animal management or Experience in operating and maintaining Animal House Facility in any Reputed Research Institute/Lab.
Additional relevant experience desirable:
- At least 2 years’ experience in the care, handling, breeding and maintenance of laboratory animals, particularly inbred strains. Preference will be given to applicants with experience with transgenic/knockout animals.
- Research experience using laboratory animals is desirable.
- Experience in health monitoring and genetic monitoring techniques.
- Knowledge of CPCSEA guidelines.
Pay Scale:As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification
Contract: Contract will be for a minimum of 2 years with 3 months’ probation. Renewable
Age limit: 35 years.
Closing date: 15 days from the date of advertisement. (Only candidates shortlisted for interview will receive a response)
HOW TO APPLY:
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent by to Administrative Officer (Establishments), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK campus, Bangalore – 560065 by a deadline of 31/10/2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees. Copies of relevant certificates.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 31/10/2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NCBS|
24-10-2016 , 25-10-2016