National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) invites application for the recruitment of Ph.D Programme with M.Sc holders
Company name : National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS)
Posts : Ph.D Programme
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Pune
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
Details of Post :
NCCS, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to PhD programme of March 2015 session. The candidates should be bonafide Indian citizens, having consistently good academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility mentioned below should apply for the same. Students with only post graduate degree and having valid fellowship from CSlR/ DBT/ ICMR/ UGC/ DST-inspire [BINC are eligible to apply.Students with post graduate degree who do not have a fellowship but are appearing for GEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR to be held on 14th December 2014 are also eligible to apply. Shortlisted candidates from the IGEEBIIS Dec, 2014 results based on NCCS criteria will be called for interview. Small number of fellowships will be provided by N CCS to the selected students, who do not have fellowship from CSiR/ DBT/ ICMR/ UGC/ DST-INSPIRE/ RING but have qualified JGEEBILS as per NCCS criteria. These fellowships will follow CSIR guidelines. Application to NCCS PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for interview to be held at NCCS during 2″“ to 4th February 2015. In case of a large number of eligible and shortlisted applications, a MCQ based test will be conducted on 2″‘1 February 2015 for further shortlisting of candidates for interview on 2M4ill February 2015. Detailed eligibility conditions are given here under.
- Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Science with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology and having at least 50% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) and with a valid fellowship from CSlR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/ DST-Inspire /BlNC, etc.
- Students with post graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but will appear for lGEEBILS exam to be conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 14til December, 2014 are eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for MCQ test/interview at NCCS. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your IGEEBILS Dec, 2014 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
- All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for MCQ entrance test/interview as per the schedule given below
- Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSlR-UGC (NET) and the “Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for IRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/Pl-l and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
How to apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (download from NCCS web site). The completed hardcopy application form along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, University of Pune Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 30th November 2014. SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach true copy of Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of interview
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NCCS|
25-01-2017 , 26-01-2017