National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Laboratory Animal Veterinarian through recruitment notification – National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO: 8/2015. Candidates who have completed MVSc can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Laboratory Animal Veterinarian on or before 05/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Vacancy Name : Laboratory Animal Veterinarian
Educational Qualification : MVSC
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Bangalore
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 05/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 5600657
Detail Of National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Laboratory Animal Veterinarian Recruitment:
- Job Title: Appointment of Laboratory Animal Veterinarian (Scientific Officer ‘C’).
- Key responsibilities of the selected candidate will include: Laboratory animal veterinarian (LAV) should ensure that the clinical and preventive health programs developed by the chief Veterinarian (Facility in-charge) be implemented effectively in the Animal Care Facility. LAV should provide orientation to new students/animal users in proper use of Animal facility and explain the SOPs of Animal Care Facility. LAV should train the new students/animal users/animal care takers/support staff in proper care and humane handling of laboratory animals. LAV should train research staff in aseptic and humane methods of performing surgery and restraining animals, as well as in proper pre and post-operative care of animals. LAV should personally oversee husbandry programs, assist users in their animal related procedures like sample collection, excision of tumours, injections, methods of animal identification, euthanasia of animals etc. LAV should assist Facility in-Charge in the process of import and export of live laboratory animals, quarterly animal health monitoring programs (in SPF animal colonies), organizing animal ethics committee meetings and record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines (GOI). LAV should be available for emergency veterinary care after work hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
- Required educational qualification: Master’s Degree in Veterinary Science in any of the following disciplines viz, (Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Pharmacology, Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Surgery) with valid Registration issued under IVC. Training in Laboratory Animal management or Experience in operating and maintaining Animal House Facility in any Reputed Research Institute/Lab.
- Additional relevant experience desirable: At least 1 year experience in handling, breeding and maintenance of laboratory animals, particularly inbred strains. Preference will be given to applicants with experience with transgenic/knockout animals. Research experience using laboratory animals is desirable. Experience in health monitoring and genetic monitoring techniques. Knowledge of CPCSEA guidelines.
- Pay Scale: As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification.
- Age limit: 35 years.
Selection Procedure For National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Laboratory Animal Veterinarian Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Laboratory Animal Veterinarian Vacancy in National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS):
- Interested candidates to apply online on or before 5.6.2015.
- Step 1: Interested candidates may register ONLINE through the link on our website (www.ncbs.res.in/staff_positions) using valid email ID
- Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Step 4: Once you fill in the application and CV is upload you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
- Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, PAN Card etc. so as to reach by 5th June 2015. The Last date for receipt of Online applications: 5th June 2015(Only candidates shortlisted for the interview will be contacted).
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05/06/2015
Reference: National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO: 8/2015
26-01-2017 , 27-01-2017