National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Program Manager through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Program Manager on or before 30/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Vacancy Name : Program Manager
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Bangalore
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 30/05/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Administrative Officer (Establishment) NCBS – TIFR, GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore – 560065
Detail Of National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Program Manager Recruitment:
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for appointment of Program Manager on Contract basis. The selected candidates shall be offered a contract on consolidated salary based on qualification and experience. The contract will be for a period of Five (5) years with initially one year probation period subject to review of performance at the end of One (1) year.
- Key Objectives: The Program Manager should have a PhD in Ecology/Chemical Ecology or allied subjects with a Masters degree in similar areas and significant research and administrative experience. Research publication experience is essential. This is an RA3 level position, and we strongly encourage applicants from the North-Eastern States. The incumbent will be recruited to help administer a newly launched multi-institutional program research program in Chemical Ecology. This is a novel and exciting collaborative and interdisciplinary program between institutions in the North-Eastern Region (NER) and partners in Bangalore. This platform will provide a strong stimulus to ongoing research in the NER, while building enduring research and training links with partner institutions in Bangalore (NCBS, IISc, UAS). A major focus of this integrated programme will be on the chemistry of interactions among plants, animals, fungi and microbes. Such interactions and their understanding will impact many fields of biology, including agriculture (through their influence on pollination, crop damage, and pest-borne diseases), medicine (e.g. understanding the chemical basis of traditional medicine or how insect disease-vectors identify their mammalian hosts) and biotechnology (designing strategies for better crops through facilitating pollination, pest and disease transmission control). The program will leverage opportunities in the North-East states, which offer unique natural resources and opportunities for field research in Chemical Ecology. The main goal of the program is capacity building, including tailored interdisciplinary training to Ph.D. students and postdoctoral fellows.
- The activities of the Program Manager will ensure smooth administration of the externally funded collaborative research Chemical Ecology program at NCBS. The activities of the Program Manager will help in managing, monitoring and promoting the research and capacity building activities of these programs. The role will require coordination between the teams in Bangalore and the North-eastern region.
- The Program Manager needs to be a self-driven, highly motivated individual with good time-management, communication and computer skills. The incumbent should have a commitment to high standards, the ability to analyze and summarize information, be capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Skills expected include excellent organizational ability, public relations skills with a variety of scientific, governmental, and public entities, and writing abilities.
- Duties & Responsibilities: The program manager will be based in NCBS, with some travel to the North-East (up to 20% time). Key duties include: Project co-ordination, communicating with PIs and scientists at various institutes in the northeast and Bangalore Organizing meetings for the Scientific Advisory Committee and the steering committee Interacting with forest departments in different states in the northeast Helping with project reporting and collating report materials from different PIs. Helping to organize graduate courses and outreach activities Facilitating NBA and other clearances. Working across with the administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as needed The selected candidates will be required to join immediately. In deserving cases salary will not be constraint for candidates with higher qualification and relevant experience. The Institute reserves the right to relax the age, qualification and experience at its discretion.
Selection Procedure For National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Program Manager Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Program Manager Vacancy in National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS):
- Step 1: Interested candidates may register ONLINE through the link on our website (www.ncbs.res.in/staff_position) using valid email ID .
- Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”.(Select Advertisement No. 05/2015)
- Step 4: Once you fill in the application and CV is upload you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
- Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc. The hard copy of the application should reach NCBS, Bangalore by 30th May, 2015.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/05/2015
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016