National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Communications Officer through recruitment notification – National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Recruitment 2015 – Advt No.10/2015. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Research Communications Officer on or before 31/07/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Vacancy Name : Research Communications Officer
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Bengaluru
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 31/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), GKVK Campus, Bellary Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560065
Detail Of National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Research Communications Officer Recruitment:
- The Bangalore Life Sciences Cluster invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Research Communications Officer. The Bangalore Life Sciences Cluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (instem.res.in), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative and CCAMP (www.ccamp.res.in), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Biocluster and beyond.
- Research at NCBS covers a diverse set of subjects in modern biology ranging in scope from atomic to population level studies. inStem supports theme-based research with a focus on stem cell and regenerative biology at the interface of science, engineering and medicine. C-CAMP facilitates development and establishment of new high-end technologies via academia-industry partnerships.
- The Research Communications Officer will work to develop timely news stories, press releases and related scientific content on research and innovation at the Cluster. The activities of the Research Communications Officer will help to convey the excitement of Cluster research to external scientific and other communities.
Key duties of the Research Communications Officer will include:
- Working with the faculty and researchers at the Cluster to mine for stories relating to scientific highlights from the campus
- Writing, researching and coordinating news stories, press releases and similar materials on emerging research and innovations from the campus
- Outsourcing news writing to external writers as needed
- Scientific editing of externally written content
- Coordinating media relations for the campus in the context of research breakthroughs
- Working across with the Communications officer and other colleagues at the Cluster as needed
- Contributing to a vibrant and professional science communication service for the Bangalore Life Sciences Cluster
Applicants to the role should have:
- A background in life sciences
- Relevant training in communicating science
- The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional relevant experience could include:
- Previous professional experience of working in the area of science communication
- Training in mass communication
- Prior experience with social media and digital communication
Selection Procedure For National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Research Communications Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Research Communications Officer Vacancy in National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS):
- Step 2: You will receive an email with one time user activation link to your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Click on that activation link to set your password, and then login to our website (https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user ) using your username and password.
- Step 4: Once you logged in you can apply for job by clicking on “Apply” button in Open Position page.
- Step 5: Once you fill in the application you can submit the application by clicking on “Save” button. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you submit the application.
- Step 6: Once you apply for job successfully, your application form will be available in Applied Job page. (Download Application form using Mozilla Firefox version 38.0 or higher.)
- Step 7: Take a Print out of the application form in Applied Job page by clicking “Download” and send the same duly signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of required additional information, Certificates regarding Date of birth, Educational qualifications, Experience certificate etc.
- The Last date for receipt of applications: 31st July 2015.
- An application package consisting of the below mentioned documents should be e-mailed to[email protected] by a deadline of 31st July, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website (https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/user/register ) using valid email ID ( you must fill personal details and educational details to register the account ).
- Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees
- A one-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role, highlighting your previous relevant experience in this regard
- A portfolio of writing samples
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/07/2015
Reference: National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Recruitment 2015 – Advt No.10/2015
Top Company Openings:
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016