National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Technical Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Technical Officer on or before 20/5/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Vacancy Name : Technical Officer
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Bangalore
Last Date to Apply for this job : 20/5/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS/TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore – 560065
Detail Of National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Technical Officer Recruitment:
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Bangalore, a premier research Centre carrying out frontier research in the biological sciences. NCBS has set up a facility for the development and application of electron microcopy (EM) technology for biology related research. These include EM instrumentation as well as sample preparation facilities.
We are looking for a technical officer to the users in Imaging (cryo and room temperature) and tomography using TEM as well as SEM. The role will be based in the EM facility. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the activities of the facility and the main objectives will be:
- Maintenance of the EM laboratory and taking care of day to day operations.
- Operating of the TEM and SEM in all modes.
- Preparation of samples for Electron Microscopy.
- Participate in developing sample preparation technologies within the facility
- Interaction with and training of students.
- To use the software for Image analysis.
- Update of the intranet site
- Assist in operating manual preparation
- Qualifications: Essential 1. Masters degree in Biotechnology/Biology/Nanotechnology with specialization in Biological sciences with minimum 60% marks. 2. Ability to use computers and advanced soft-wares. 3. Work experience of 1-2 years in a research based set up in using advanced microscopy techniques
- Desirable Experience in the use/operation of Electron Microscopes. Experience in Biological sample preparation for Electron microscopy
- Reporting to : Head, EM facility
- Age limit : Below 28 years This post is available immediately. The selected candidate shall be offered consolidated pay, commensurate with qualification and experience. The contract will be initially for a period of one (1) year & can be extended to maximum of three (3) years. In deserving cases salary will not be constraint.
Selection Procedure For National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Technical Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/5/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Technical Officer Vacancy in National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS):
Interested candidates may send their typed applications on plain paper with full information as mentioned and with true copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of their qualifications, experience etc addressed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS/TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore – 560065, so as to reach us on or before 20.5.2015. 1.Full name 2. Address for Correspondence 3. Permanent Address 4. Nationality 5. Date of Birth 6. Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC if so, give details and attach caste/tribe/OBC (non-creamy layer certificate from the competent authority) 7. Educational Qualifications with complete details 8. Experience with complete details 9. Names, Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Fax Number and Email Address of two Professional Referees ( one must be a Direct Supervisor) who have supervised your work in the recent past (attach conduct certificates from them) 10. Scale of pay and Basic pay drawn with details of allowances 11. Any other relevant information.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/5/2015
22-02-2017 , 23-02-2017