National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Associate Director through recruitment notification – National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Recruitment 2016 – ADVT NO.9/2016. Candidates who have completed Masters Degree, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Associate Director on or before 20/03/2016. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.Company Name : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Vacancy Name : Associate Director
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Job Location : Bangalore
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 20/03/2016
Address For The Job Vacancy : Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065
Detail Of Post:
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), a premier research Centre is looking for Associate Director on contract. Selected candidates shall be offered a consolidated pay based on their qualification and experience. The contract will be initially for a period of One (1) year which may be extended up to maximum of three years depending on the performance of the candidate. IndiaBioscience is a program based out of NCBS, Bangalore that aims to catalyse the growth of biology within India, and to this end we work with academics, government, industry and the not-for-profit sector. We are a small yet diverse and efficient team that works in a non-hierarchical manner to create informed impact. Creativity and independence are highly valued attributes of all team members. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, as well as with scientists across India while developing and expanding your career.
- ROLE SUMMARY Operating independently, under the broad guidance of the Director, or Executive Director, and the Advisory Board, this position will spend approximately 80-85% of time managing activities, administering funds and raising funds through proposals. The Associate Director – Administration/Operations will be also responsible for supporting the development and execution of activities and projects in collaboration with all team members. She/he will spend the remaining time (approx. 15 – 20%) on efforts to develop the education and communication programmes.
- Detailed Profile Independently manage projects of any type, irrespective of phase, and processes and procedures related to these. Work with colleagues to develop project milestones and deliverables. Prepare reports that summarise key progress and issues on all programs, including preparation of background documents and presentations to the board as well as external partners. Work with accounts and purchase departments to ensure compliance according to the conditions laid down by the corresponding granting agencies. Work closely with the team and external partner agencies in conceiving, organising, fundraising and executing meetings and workshops as required to promote the mandate of IndiaBioscience across themes and disciplines. Actively participate in all IndiaBioscience activities, and be involved in improvement initiatives. Ensure that team meetings have structure and clear purposes and goals; facilitate and drive meetings effectively and clearly communicate decisions and action items to team members and relevant parties outside of the team. Monitor team dynamics regularly to ensure optimal team performance. Communicate the details of monthly functioning to the board.
- QUALIFICATIONS Education Required:Master’s degree
- Preferred:Degree concentration in a scientific-related discipline, Advanced scientific degree (e.g., PharmD, Ph.D.)
- Required A minimum of 3 years in leading teams, committees, or task forces, organising meetings and administration. Experience in science outreach, writing and/or communication. Experience with social media and web promotion of events and/or causes. Effective interpersonal skills; able to establish good working relationships and collaborate with networks of employees of all levels; able to foster cooperation in others; creative problem-solver. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and accomplish goals in team settings. Ability to work in a lateral (flatter) management structure, with virtual teams. Demonstrated leadership in an administrative position.
- DETAILS This is a full-time position, and the Associate Director – Education/Communications will be based out of IndiaBioscience, NCBS, Bangalore. She/he will be required to start work at the earliest. Salary will not be a constraint for the right candidate with experience and qualifications.
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/03/2016
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply?:
- Step 1: Interested candidates may register ONLINE through the link on our website (www.ncbs.res.in/job portal) using valid email ID .
- Step 2: You will receive an user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Step 3: Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Step 4: Once you fill in the application and CV is upload you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- Step 5: After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT” .
- Step 6: Take a Print out of the application form by clicking “PRINT” in “MY APPLICATION” and send the same duly Signed to the Administrative Officer (Establishment), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK PO, Bellary Road, Bangalore- 560065, along with copies of certificates regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, experience, caste certificate etc. The hard copy of the application should reach NCBS, Bangalore by 10th March 2016.
- Application procedure: An application package consisting of the following information should be sent to xx: Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees A two-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role Provide links to a sample of popular material(not scientific publications) in the resume or attach these as PDF files. The Last date for receipt of Online applications: 20th March 2016 (Only candidates shortlisted for the interview will be contacted).
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/03/2016
Reference: National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) Recruitment 2016 – ADVT NO.9/2016