National Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed M.Sc/M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Junior Research Fellow Job on or before 13/10/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Sc/M.E/M.Tech
Total No of Vacancy : 01 post
Salary : Rs.25,000/p.m
Job Location : Kerala
Last Date to Apply for this job :13/10/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : National Centre for Earth Science Studies, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695011
Detail of National Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) This is applicable to CSIR-UGC NET-JRF qualified candidates and for candidates having DST INSPIRE Fellowship. Such candidates will draw fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST but will be working in NCESS. Date of Application: Applications will be received throughout the year.
- Date of Interview: Interviews will be held twice or thrice a year, usually after the date of declaration of NET CSIR-UGC results. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview for which they will be paid for 2nd/Sleeper Class Train/Bus fare.
- Remuneration: Rs. 25,000/- p.m. consolidated plus admissible HRA, Leave and other benefits for initial two years, and Rs. 28,000/- p.m. consolidated plus admissible HRA and other benefits during subsequent year/s subject to satisfactory performance. Sufficient contingent grant for supporting field work etc. will also be provided during the tenure of the fellowship.
- Age Limit: Not exceeding 28 years as on 30.09.2015
- Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in Earth System Sciences or related field with valid CSIR-UGC NET qualification for JRF.
- Tenure of Fellowship: Initially, the fellowship will be for a maximum period of 03 years. Continuance during this period will depend on satisfactory performance. Thereafter, the fellowship is likely to be extended for one year depending upon the performance and review of work. Extension will not be granted beyond 04 years except in exceptional cases. Registration for Ph.D.: The selected candidates will be required to register for a Ph.D. degree after completion of the course work within a year from the date of joining. Therefore, only the candidates who are seriously motivated for doing Ph.D. need apply
Selection Procedure for National Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 13/10/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in National Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS) :
- The qualifications mentioned are the minimum requirements. The Institute reserves the right to short list the candidates based on their qualification, experience and publications etc.
- The number of positions can increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any position if no suitable candidates are available. The Institute reserves the right to prepare a panel of candidates and fill the positions falling vacant or the positions in the sponsored projects during the validity of panel.
- Maximum five (05) years of age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category/ women candidates/ physically handicapped persons, and three (03) years for the candidates belonging to the OBC category will be allowed. To avail the age relaxation attested copies of caste certificates MUST be attached to the application form.
- The prescribed application format for the positions of JRF can be downloaded from the website. Interested candidates should submit an ink signed copy of application on the prescribed form only, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Attested copies in support of educational qualifications, experience etc. MUST be submitted with the application.
- In case of SC/ST/OBC category students attested copy of caste certificate MUST be enclosed with the application.
- All applications should mention e-mail id and contact telephone number of the applicant.
- Completed applications along with enclosures should be sent to the Director, National Centre for Earth Science Studies, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695011. For further queries, if any, you may contact: [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 13/10/2015
18-01-2017 , 19-01-2017