National Commission for Women (NCW) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Coordinators through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Commission for Women (NCW).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Coordinators Job on or before 20/01/2016. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Commission for Women (NCW)
Vacancy Name : Coordinators
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate
Total No of Vacancy : 02 Post
Salary : Rs.35,000/- p.m
Job Location : Deonar
Last Date to Apply for this job : 20/01/2016
Address for the Job Vacancy : Ms. Trupti Jhaveri Panchal, Asst. Professor, School of Social Work, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar-400088
Detail of Post :
The National Commission for Women (NCW), Government of India and Department of Police, Delhi, have undertaken collaborative work with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (Mumbai) for the the project “Violence Free Home – A Women’s Right” based on the Special Cell for Women and Children approach, i.e. an initiative of providing social services to women survivors of violence, by placing trained social workers located in the police system with a clear understanding that violence against women is a crime and it is the responsibility of the State to prevent and counter the same. This project was started in 2009 in Delhi Police’s Special Police Unit for Women & Children and Crime Against Women (CAW) Cells, and is now being expanded to 11 new Police locations, viz. Delhi Police CAW Cells. This project is based on the Special Cells for Women & Children approach—as initiated by TISS (Mumbai) in 1984—and creates space in the Police system for violated women to receive emotional & social support through quality psycho-social-legal services’ provision by professional full-time social workers, within the criminal justice system (CJS), where the violence survivor’s needs and concerns are addressed within a facilitative environment. The Resource Centre for Interventions on Violence Against Women (RCI-VAW), School of Social Work (TISS, Mumbai), in particular, is collaborating with NCW and Delhi Police for the establishment of 11 new CAW Cellbased teams. Two Coordinators (preferably women having prior direct intervention work experience in the field of violence against women), are required for full-time work in this Project. TISS hereby issues this advertisement for 2 positions of Coordinators for the selection of suitable candidates for the same.
- Education and Experience Criteria: 2.1 Candidate should have (a) knowledge of issues of gender & violence against women and interventions in the district and State, and (b) prior experience in project/programme management and coordination work in the field of gender justice and women’s rights or interventions work on women’s issues or gender justice. 2.2 The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) or any other Social Sciences and 4 to 5 years’ work experience in socialdevelopment sector, and demonstrate commitment to working on issues of violence against women and/or gender justice and women’s rights. Project/Programme Management and Coordination work in the field of women’s rights and experience of direct work with both survivors and State systems is desirable. 2.3 Candidate must demonstrate willingness to travel across the state of Delhi and to other States as per programme requirements detailed in section on job description below. 2.4 Verbal and written fluency in English and Hindi is essential, and comfort with the use of computers & the internet is also desirable. 3. Selection Preferences: 3.1 The necessary educational qualification & prior experience for the position are detailed above, and these candidates will be given first preference. 3.2 Women/female candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience will be given first preference. 3.3 Men/male candidates possessing necessary educational qualification & prior experience as detailed in section 2 may also be considered for the position of Coordinator as second preference.
- The Coordinators will: be responsible for the overall development, management and financial accountability of the ‘Violence Free Home’ project which will include 11 Centres based in Crime Against Women (CAW) Cells and 1 Centre based in the Special Police Unit for Women and Children (SPUWAC) of the Delhi Police and providing Socio-legal services to women and children facing violence be responsible for review, monitoring and maintaining the quality of services in the 12 Centres be responsible for capacity building for the social workers employed in the ‘Violence Free Home’ project and organizing capacity building sessions for other stake-holders responsible to provide services for women and children facing violence will be responsible for the maintenance of linkages between Police, the Monitoring Committee, and the project will be responsible for bringing up the issue of violence against women for discussion at various fora and levels be responsible for networking & advocacy on issues of violence against women & girls, and intervention in situations of violence as experienced and reported by women, with NGOs & Governmental Departments, at district & sub-district levels be responsible for recruitment of social workers, conducting group performance appraisals, addressing grievances, general administration, finance, etc. prepare monthly, quarterly and annual state level reports based on the project work engage in systemic interventions so as to sensitize the police to the issue of violence against women need to travel periodically across the State of Delhi and/or to other States of India as per programme requirements of monitoring, training, exposure fieldwork, campaigns, regional meetings etc.
- Location and terms of service: The positions are full-time and based in Delhi. The selected candidates will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidated honorarium per month. Once appointed, the Coordinator will be expected to reside in Delhi for the duration of their appointment and deputation for full-time work with Delhi Police and National Commission for Women. Only persons possessing the above mentioned experience & qualifications, and in the age group 23-50 years, need apply.
- Remuneration The total consolidated salary for this position will be Rs. 35000/-.
- Advertisement for the position is available on the website: www.tiss.edu. The TISS and NC reserve the right to accept or reject in part or in full any or all the responses to this advertisement without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Selection Procedure :
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/01/2016.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply ? :
The duly completed applications with detailed curriculum vitae (incl. description of responsibilities held and other professional achievements) should be submitted vide e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “For the post of coordinator” or by post to Ms. Trupti Jhaveri Panchal, Asst. Professor, School of Social Work, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar-400088, so as to reach positively within 15 days of posting of advertisement on www.tiss.edu on 04.01.2016, i.e. the last day for application is 20.01.2016. In the event of the specified date for the submission of the application being declared a holiday, the applications will be received up-to the appointed time on the next working day of TISS. Any application received after the above mentioned deadline will be rejected and may be returned.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/01/2016