National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) invites application for the recruitment of Doctoral Fellowship with Ph.D holders
Company name :National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
Posts :Doctoral Fellowship
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : Rs.12,000-Rs.16,000
No of Post : 10
Location :New Delhi
Last date to apply : 20/10/2014
Details of Post :
Applications are invited for the award of a maximum of 10 NCERT Doctoral Fellowship in the field of education and other disciplines directly related to education. The fellowships are intended for young aspirants to pursue doctoral work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. Young scholars from different disciplinary perspectives will be encouraged to research in the field of education.
- The fellowships will be limited to extremely deserving candidates only. If suitable candidates are not available, Council may not select all 10 Fellows.
- Candidate applying for Doctoral Fellowship should have either completed predoctoral research methodology course or enrolled/ selected for such course for appropriate duration as approved by UGC. The fellowship will start after completion of the course and confirmed registration with the University for Ph.D. work.
- Each Doctoral Fellow will be required to present a seminar at the end of each semester.
- The NCERT Doctoral Fellow will be required to contribute to the RIE teaching programme, field research and/or the curriculum development and textbook development programmes of NCERT for 30 days in a year. The Fellow will be provided III AC fare for the travel, and accommodation in the RIE hostel.
- The Doctoral Fellow will be under obligation to present public lecture on larger issues of public interest relevant to his/her doctoral research work, if so invited. The seminar may be held at RIEs or NCERT headquarter and the fellows will be given the III AC fare for travel for the same.
- The candidate will submit with their applications, the CV of the research supervisor which should clearly indicate the research work done by them in the last five years. NCERT reserved the right to advise the candidate to chose a new research supervisor if needed. The candidate may select a supervisor/research guide approved by NCERT. The fellowship of the last three months and contingency of the third year will be released only after receipt of the thesis.
Application Procedure: Application should be made in the prescribed format, which along with the information brochure can be downloaded from the NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in) or can be obtained by post. Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1500 words on the theme of the proposed research, which should contain statement about (a)rationale and objectives of the study, (b) conceptual framework, (c) proposed methodology, and (d) potential contribution of the study. Proposals involving fresh ideas and innovative methodology related to school education in the country will be given preference.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be required to appear for a Presentation-cum-interview. Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the Presentation-cum-interview. The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be available to the candidates belonging to different categories.
Fellowship Amount: NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- per month (for Non-NET) and Rs16,000/- per month ( in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years. They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum during this period. The fellowship will commence from the date of registration for Ph.D. or award by NCERT whichever is later will terminate at the end of three years from the date of award or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier.
How to apply:
Completed applications should reach the following address by 20th October, 2014 to – Head Division of Educational Research Zakir Husain Block, National Council of Educational Research and Training Sri Aurobindo Marg New Delhi – 110 016 For details visit NCERT website: www.ncert.nic.in
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 20.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NCERT||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|