National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) conducting walk-in drive for the recruitment of Junior Scientific Officer with M.Sc educational background on October 27, 2014
Company name : National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS)
Posts : Junior Scientific Officer
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : Rs.20,000/- P.M
No of Post : 01
Location : Bangalore
Walk in Date : 27.10.2014
Details of Post :
NIMHANS is conducting WALK-IN-INTERVIEW on 27th October, 2014 for the post of “Junior Scientific Officer( Human Brain Bank)” under Neurobiology Research Centre. The post is purely on contractual basis. The desirous candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below are advised to appear straight away before the Interview Board at the venue mentioned below, alongwith their Bio-data form in prescribed format (to be downloaded from the website) and testimonials in original, as well as the set of photo-copies.
Junior Scientific Officer:
- NAME OF THE POST : JUNIOR SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (Human Brain Bank)
- NO.OF POST : 01
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : M.Sc in Biological Sciences OR Biotechnology from any Recognized University.
- EXPERIENCE : Minimum of one year experience in Research/ Technical Experience in a R & D Laboratory.
- DESIRABLE : Knowledge of computers , Basic immunological techniques Scientific Literature Search, Participating in Scientific Exhibitions.
- JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Co-ordinate the work of brain specimen identification, collection, labeling, storage, retrieval & distribution under the supervision of Officer In-charge.
- Data entry, Classification, retrieval of appropriate specimen for distribution to Scientists co-ordinating with technicians/technical assistants.
- Perform immunohistochemistry, ELISA and other immunological tests, and assist in Molecular Biological techniques including RNA, DNA extraction and characterization of the quality. Ensure maintenance of Quality Control, appropriate waste disposal.
- Co-ordinate the work of preparing the teaching material / public education charts.
- Preparation indents for chemicals/immunochemicals and small equipment as advised by the Officer in-charge. Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and co-ordinate with manufacturers under the supervision of Officer in-charge.
- Cataloguing, storage and retrieval of all biological samples. The Officer would be responsible to ensure sample storage under appropriate conditions.
- Any other job assigned by the Officer in-charge.
- UPPER AGE LIMIT : 35 years
- SALARY : Rs.20,000/- P.M (Consolidated)
- PERIOD : On contract basis for one year likely to be renewed for the 2nd & 3rd year depending upon the satisfactory performance of duties.
- Venue, date & time of Walk-In-Interview : Committee room, Administrative Block, NIMHANS, Bangalore-29 27th October, 2014 at 3.00 P.M.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The eligibility of candidate in respect of age will be determined as on 26-10-2014.
- The candidates should be present at 2.00 PM at the venue.
- The prescribed Bio-data format may be downloaded from this Institute website http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in and submit alongwith the original certificates, experience certificate etc., with a set of photocopies and two recent passport size photographs at the time of interview .
Important dates to remember :
Walk in Date : 24.10.2014
Venue, date & time of Walk-In-Interview : Committee room, Administrative Block, NIMHANS, Bangalore-29 27th October, 2014 at 3.00 P.M.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NIMHANS|