National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientist B & More Vacancies through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D, M.Sc, B.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Scientist B & More Vacancies Job on or before 01/10/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR)
Vacancy Name : Scientist B & More Vacancies
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d, M.Sc, B.sc
Total No of Vacancy : 05 Post
Salary : Rs. 28,755-51,030 /- p.m
Job Location : Chennai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 01/10/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH (Indian Council of Medical Research) NIMR Field Unit, NIE Campus, 2nd Main Road, TNHB, Ayapakkam, Chennai- 600 077
Detail of National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) Scientist B & More Vacancies Recruitment:
Applications are invited for the following positions to be filled up on a purely temporary and contractual basis on consolidated pay for a period of one year in National Institutes of Health-funded project entitled ‘Center for the Study of Complex Malaria in India’ at Chennai site.
- Post 1: Scientist B (Non Medical – One post): Rs. 51,030/- p.m. (Inclusive HRA)
- Essential Qualifications: • 1st Class Master degree in Life / Biological Sciences from a recognized university or 2nd class Master’s degree + Ph.D degree in Life / Biological Sciences from a recognized University.
- Desirable: Ph.D. degree in Life/Biological Sciences from a recognized university; Minimum of 2 years post-doctoral research experience in vector biology and transmission of Malaria; Knowledge of Computer application; Fluency in English and Tamil.
- Age: Not exceeding 35 years. Relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/candidates as per Central Govt rules.
- Post 2: Senior Research Fellow (Non Medical – Three posts): Rs. 36,400/-p.m (Inclusive HRA).
- Essential Qualifications: • Post graduate degree in Basic Science with NET qualification or Graduate degree in Professional course with NET qualification or Post graduate degree in Professional course from recognized university with 2 years research experience. OR • First Class Master’s degree in Life Science/ Biotechnology / Biotechnology and Bio-informatics / Molecular Virology/ Molecular Biology / Biomedical Genetics from a recognized university with 2 years research experience in Malaria.
- Desirable: Research experience in Molecular biology of malaria parasites; Vector biology and transmission of Malaria; Hands on experience in molecular diagnosis of malaria parasites, Blood meal analysis(PCR and Counter Current Immunoelectrophoresis), ELISA, RFLP, Microsatellite markers and serological studies/techniques and bio-informatic tools like Peakscanner, Arlequine, Structure, Network and POPTREE; Field experience on survey of infectious diseases/Malaria in any research organization or medical institution, Knowledge of Computer application; Fluency in English and Tamil.
- Age: Not exceeding 35 years. Relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates as per Central Govt. rules
- Post 3: Statistical Assistant – One post: Rs. 28,755/-p.m
- Essential Qualifications: • Graduate in Science from a recognized university with one year DMLT course OR three years diploma in engineering (or any relevant discipline) from a recognized institution OR Graduate with one year relevant experience in statistical scientific data from a recognized Institution.
- Desirable: Working experience in SPSS, SAS and R analysis is preferable.
- Age: Not exceeding 30 years. Relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates as per Central Govt. rules. 2
- Place of duty: The contractual staff will be posted at the project site in Chennai involving travel to field areas as deemed fit for the progress of the work.
Selection Procedure for National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) – Scientist B & More Vacancies Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 01/10/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Scientist B & More Vacancies Vacancy in National Institute of Malaria Research (NIMR) :
Interested and eligible candidates may send their application (in the prescribed format available at the end of this advertisement) to The Officer-in-Charge, National Institute of Malaria Research (ICMR), NIE Campus, 2nd main Road, TNHB, Ayapakkam, Chennai- 600 077 together with their complete bio-data and self attested photocopies of the certificates/testimonials, one passport size photograph upto 1st October 2015. Candidates should mention “Application for the post of ……….” on the cover as well as in the prescribed format. The candidates will be short-listed based upon their qualifications and experience suitable for the post mentioned. Only short listed candidates fulfilling the criteria will be called for an interview and they will have to bring all the original certificates/relevant documents/certificates in support of age, community, qualification and experience for verification before the Screening Committee at NIMR field unit, NIE campus, 2ndMain Road, TNHB, Ayapakkam, Chennai- 77. NOC is necessary in the case of persons serving in Central/State Govt./ Autonomous Bodies/PSUs. Director has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and any canvassing and soliciting pressure in any form is prohibited. Date and time of interview will be intimated through e-mail for eligible / short listed candidates. TA/DA will not be admissible for attending the interview.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 01/10/2015