National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) invites application for the recruitment of Technical Assistant with B.Sc/ Diploma holders
Company name :National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR)
Posts :Technical Assistant
Qualification : B.Sc/ Diploma
Salary : Rs.9300-34800/- p.m
No of Post : 03
Location :New Delhi
Last date to apply : 30.12.2014
Details of Post :
National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) was formed by the merger of erstwhile National Institute of Science Communication (NISCOM) and Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre (INSDOC) on 30th September 2002. The emphasis of the institute, since its inception, has been to preserve, synergize, and build upon the rich expertise and resources of the erstwhile NISCOM and INSDOC, which had served the S&T community through their excellent S&T information products and services for over five decades. NISCAIR is devoted to science communication and dissemination of S&T information. Broadly, the core activity of NISCAIR is to collect, collate, store, publish and disseminate S&T information, which benefits different segments of the society. The institute offers wide range of information products and services ranging from production of S&T publications, translation & interpretation from foreign languages to English (scientific documents), human resource development in the area of science communication, library & information science, IPR, herbarium techniques, etc. NISCAIR also undertakes projects in its area of activities.
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for filling up the following positions at NISCAIR, New Delhi. Applicants are requested to carefully go through the full text of the advertisement on NISCAR Website http://www.niscair.res.in regarding qualifications, subjects, fields of specializations and job requirements etc. prescribed for each position and then fill up the online application/ offline application form carefully.
- Name of the Post :Technical Assistant
- No of Post : 03
- Qualification :
- 1 st class B. Sc.(Sci) Plus one year full time professional qualification in Sales and Marketing from a recognized Institute/ Organisation or one year experience in Sales/Marketing/Storage of publications from a reputed publisher.
- 1st class Diploma in Printing Technology of at least 3 years full time duration or at least 2 years full time duration in case of lateral admission in Diploma courses or its equivalent Plus Experience of 2 years in Desk Top Publishing (DTP) / Graphic Work. OR 1 st class B.Sc.(Sci) Plus one year full time Professional qualification or one year experience In Desktop Publishing (DTP) / Graphic work from a recognized institute/ organization.
- 1 st class diploma in Printing Technology of at least 03 years full time duration or at least 02 years full time duration in case of lateral admission in Diploma courses or its equivalent Plus experience of 02 years in the printing field.
- Desirable :
- Working Knowledge of computer, Good knowledge of Hindi & English writing/reading
- Working knowledge and certificate in DTP/ Graphic Softwares of pre-press such as MS Office, Page Maker, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Corel Draw etc. 2. Minimum two year experience in DTP/ Graphic Work from any Publishing House or Printing Organization 3. 30 wpm speed of typing on computer in English and 25 wpm speed of typing on computer in Hindi.4. orking knowledge to use Flat – bed scanner.
- 1. Working Knowledge of computer application like M S Office and DTP work of Pre-press. 2. Minimum three years experience in prepress. OR Minimum three years hands on experience in the operation of computerized offset printing machine.
- Age : 28 Years (Relaxation as per GoI rules)
- Remuneration :PB-2: Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (plus usual allowances as admissible to Council employees)
General Conditions / Information:
- The qualifications prescribed should have been obtained through recognized Universities/Institutions.
- The numbers of vacancies indicated are provisional and may vary.
- The date for determining upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of the applications.
- Wherever grades are awarded by Universities/ Institutes in CGPA/SGPA/OGPA etc. system, candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula adopted by the University/ Institute and mention the percentage at the appropriate column in the application form.
- Applications from employees of Council/ Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector shall be considered only if forwarded through proper channel and certified by the employer that the applicant will be relieved within one month of the receipt of the appointment orders, if selected.
- Persons with Disability (PWD): only such persons would be eligible for reservation that suffered from not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability and submit the Permanent Disability Certificate from the competent authority.
- Candidate belonging to SC/ST / Persons with Disability (PWD) category/ Women and regular employees of CSIR are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Candidates should specifically note that the applications received after the closing date for any reason whatsoever (such as envelopes wrongly addressed, delivered elsewhere, postal delay etc.) will not be entertained by NISCAIR. Any enclosure received separately subsequent to the receipt of the application cannot be linked therewith. No representation in this regard will be entertained.
- Incomplete application (i.e. without photograph, unsigned, blank columns, fees and other requisite documents) will not be entertained.
- In respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Application is liable to be rejected documents) will not be entertained.
How to Apply
- The applicants can fill in the online application form available at NISCAIR website www.niscair.res.in or can apply offline by using the print out of the application form available with this advertisement.
- Online application will be available on NISCAIR website from 9:00AM 6.12.2014 to 5:30 PM upto 06.01.2015.
- Print out of duly filled online application or offline application, complete in all respects and supported by self attested copies of certificates in proof of educational qualifications, date of birth, caste, experience, passport size photograph, etc. along with an application fee (except SC, ST, PWD, Women, Candidates staying abroad and regular employees of CSIR) of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) in the form of crossed Demand Draft valid for at least 3 months in favour of Director, NISCAIR, payable at New Delhi should be sent in a sealed cover superscripted with “Application for the post of Technical Assistant (Post Code and Category) to: The Controller of Administration, National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR), Pusa Campus, Dr. K S Krishnan Marg, New Delhi – 110012, so as to reach on or before 5:30 PM, 06.01.2015.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
- Applications from employees of Government Departments will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel, certified by the employer that the applicant, if selected will be relieved within one month of the receipt of the appointment orders. Also, vigilance clearance should also be recorded. However, advance copy of the application may be submitted before the closing date. Applications routed through proper channel should reach NISCAIR at the earliest.
- Candidates should keep a printout of the online application for their record.
- Candidates applying for more than one posts, should send separate applications for each post.
- Canvassing in any form or bringing of any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- The decision of the Director, NISCAIR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of screening/selection shall be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual.
- No. Interim inquiry or correspondence will be entertained
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NISCAIR|
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016