National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Students Counselor through recruitment notification – National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya) Recruitment 2016 – ADVT. NO. NITMGH/REC/COUNSELLOR/2015-16/3389. Candidates who have completed Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Students Counselor on or before 11/04/2016. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya)
Vacancy Name : Students Counselor
Educational Qualification : Any Post Graduate
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.30,000/-per month
Job Location : SHILLONG
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 11/04/2016
Address For The Job Vacancy : National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya), SHILLONG – 793 003
Detail Of Post:
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for a temporary position of “Students’ Counselor” contract basis.
- Pay: ` 30,000/- per month (consolidated pay). Higher salary may be considered for those with higher qualification & demonstrated experience.
- Qualification and Experience: Post Graduate degree in Psychology/ Applied Psychology/ Psychotherapy/ Clinical Psychology or equivalent from an accredited and recognized Institution with a 1st class or equivalent grade. Applicant should have experience of 3 years or more as practicing professional or as inhouse counselors. In exceptional cases, the Institute Authority may relax the experience criterion.
- Job Requirement: The job would involve active Counselling of students largely in the 16-28 years age group, original work in connection with developing a suitable counselling programme for students and liaison work with professional volunteer agencies and hospitals for the benefit of the student population of the Institute. In addition, the job also requires: 1. Targeted psychological Counselling of individuals for common conditions such as anxiety, adjustment disorder, depression, addiction etc. 2. Group therapy for certain conditions. 3. Developing and executing appropriate follow up procedure for monitoring progress. 4. Developing a standard operating procedure (SOP) to ensure a smooth operation of counselling activity including crisis management. 5. Designing and organising of regular workshops addressing a variety of subjects such as stress management, self-esteem, test anxiety, managing mood swings, enhancing study skills, stigma attached to accessing mental health care. 6. Counselling on different challenges faced by the students at regular intervals (peer pressure, relationships, academic stress, learning to make decisions, making responsible choices, knowing when to ask help for oneself and for others, family related issues, sexuality, identity, beliefs, time management, substance abuse , physical well-being etc). 7. Training and guiding the team of student volunteers associated with counselling service. 8. Acting as a referral to the administration and hospital. 9. Performing duties including attending exigencies at all hours.
- Candidates can apply on or before 11/04/2016
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply?:
Appointment will be on contractual basis up to a period of three years. The contract may be renewed based on satisfactory performance. Interested persons may send application in prescribed form available in the Institute website www.nitm.ac.in. Application in the prescribed form (hard copy only) will only be considered. Last date for receipt of completed application forms is 11.04.2016
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 11/04/2016
Reference: National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya) Recruitment 2016 – ADVT. NO. NITMGH/REC/COUNSELLOR/2015-16/3389