National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor & More Vacancies through recruitment notification – National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. NITS/ADMN/RECTT./REG/FACULTY/2014-15/. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Job on or before 5/3/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim)|
|Vacancy Name||Assistant Professor & More Vacancies|
|Total No of Vacancy||09 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||5/3/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY SIKKIM (An Institute of National Importance, Govt. of India) Barfung Block, Ravangla Sub Division, South Sikkim-737 139|
Detail of National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim) Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Recruitment:
National Institute of Technology Sikkim has been established by an act of Parliament. Its mandate is to offer programme at Bachelor, Master, PhD and Post-Doctoral level and to carry out research in emerging areas. The Institute faculties have already received considerable funding for prestigious R&D projects and are establishing collaboration with distinguished Indian and foreign universities. The climatic condition and the ambience in and around the Institute, nestled in the lofty mountains of the Himalayas, are excellently serene.
The Institute is looking for dynamic, sincere and committed individuals possessing consistent good academic records, to take the challenges of a developing an institute of international repute. The positions carry salary as per with IITs and attractive perks as per norms including special allowances related to N-E, Professional Development Allowance, HR, Transport Allowance, LTC, PF and also seed research funding.
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from Indian Nationals in the following Departments:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Comm. Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
|Sl No.||Designation, Pay Band and Academic Grade||Essential Qualifica-tion||Relevant Experience||Other essential Requirements||Additional Desirable Requirements|
Assistant Professor (on Contract)¤
PB-3 with Grade pay of Rs. 6000/- + 07 additional non-compounded increments.
|Ph.D||None||None||One publication in an SCI Journal|
|2||Assistant Professor (on Contract) PB-3 with Grade pay of Rs. 7000/-||Ph.D||01 Year.||One paper accepted for publication in SCI Journal.||Two papers in SCI Journals or one patent; may be based on Ph.D work.|
|3||Assistant Professor PB-3 with Grade pay of Rs. 8000/-||Ph.D||03 years after Ph.D or 06 Years total (Not counting Ph.D enrolment period after obtaining M.Tech. Degree).||Two papers in SCI Journals outside Ph.D work. One ongoing sponsored project for candidates form academia. Two experiments of computational projects added to teaching laboratories where appropriate.||One Ph.D supervision ongoing; 01 patent; Experience in industry or R& D lab. of repute; M.Tech., M.Sc, or B.Tech. Project supervision on live Industrial problems.|
|4||Associate Professor PB-4 with Grade pay on Rs. 9500/-||Ph.D||06 yrs. after Ph.D or 09 years total (not counting Ph.D enrolment period), out of which 03 years should be after Ph.D. Three years at the level of Assistant Professor with AGP of Rs. 8000/- equivalent in a reputed university, R&D Lab. or relevant Industry.||04 papers in SCI journals after Ph.D.; One Ph.D. Guided as sole or principal supervisor plus one continuing. Two projects ongoing or one ongoing plus one completed. Two experiments of computational projects added to teaching laboratories where appropriate. Academic outreach actively equivalent to two self-financed short term courses.||One or more patents; Supervising two or more students for Ph.D.; strong liaison with industry; offering courses through application of ICT|
|5||Professor PB- 4 with Grade pay of Rs. 10500/-||Ph.D||10 years after Ph.D or 13 years total (not counting Ph.D enrolment period) out of which 07 years are to be after Ph.D.; At least three years to be at Associate Professor level in an Institution of repute.||Two Ph.D. degrees guided in career as sole or principal supervisor. The following during the past 04 years: (i) 03 papers in SCI journals; (ii) One High value sponsored or consultancy project; (iii) Academic outreach activity equivalent to two self-financed courses offered as coordinator and main teacher; (iv) Two experiments or computational design projects with added to Teaching laboratories where appropriate.||
One or more patents; supervised more than three students for Ph.D.;
Preparing E-Learning material. At least one self-financed short-term course offered every year. Strong liaison with industry. Offering significant support to institute management; High value sponsored or consultancy projects.
– Rs. 79,0000/-
|Ph.D||Six years as Professor with AGP of Rs. 10,000/- or Rs. 10,500/- in an Institute of national importance.||04 Ph.D.s guided as sole or principal supervisor plus at least one full time resident student continuing. The following during the past six years (i) 04 papers in SCI journals; (ii) 02 high value sponsored or consultancy projects plus one ongoing; (iii) Academic outreach activity equivalent to 03 self-financed short – term courses offered as coordinator and main teacher; (iv) Three experiments or computational projects added to teaching laboratories (v) Significant contribution to Institute management through personal initiative in responsible positions.||Truly significant contribution in one area-publications, writing of text books or reference books, sponsored projects consultancy and support to industry, E-learning packages, creative contribution to institute’s welfare.|
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Interested candidates may visit the Institute website: http://www.nitsikkim.ac.in for application form and other details. Last date for receipt of hardcopy applications is 05th March 2015. Copy of application may be sent by email by 23rd Feb. 2015. Applications received after the last date may be summarily rejected. The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay or lost email.
Reservations: The reservation of post shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
Interested candidates may apply online in prescribed application form available on the Institute website: www.nitsikkim.ac.in. Details of qualification, experience, pay structure and general conditions are as follows:
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & INFORMATION
- The candidates may find the application form at the NIT Sikkim Website. The duly completed application form along with enclosures may be sent by speed/registered post to The Director, National Institute of Technology Sikkim, Ravangla Campus, Barfung Block, South Sikkim – 737 139. In addition, applicants are required to submit applications through e-mail to [email protected]
- The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect shall be as such the closing date for receipt of applications.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience requirements do not entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The Institute has the right to set higher norms than minimum while short listing, taking into account the specific requirements of the individual departments. The short listing norms may not be uniform across the departments of the Institute. The decision of the Institute related to all matters pertaining to the recruitment shall be final and binding on the applicants.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts of the specialization(s)/ Department(s), without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No interim communication on the status of application will be entertained.
- The minimum requirement of qualifications and/or experience may be relaxed in respect of otherwise outstanding candidates.
- Applicants in employment in government /semi-government organisations may be considered on deputation/Lien.
- Higher starting pay and /or AGP may be offered to deserving candidates on recommendation of the selection committee at the discretion of the Board of Governors.
- Candidates may be offered posts lower than the posts applied for on recommendation of the selection committee.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification for the post. Candidates are advised to browse the Institute website: www.nitsikkim.ac.in for any update.
- All belated/incomplete applications or those which are not in prescribed form without relevant supporting enclosures may be out rightly rejected. Institute will not be responsible under any circumstances for any sort of postal delay/loss.
- Person serving in Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSUs / CFTIs must send applications either THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL or should furnish a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE at the time of interview. However, they may send advance copy.
- AC III tier railway/ bus return fare in the shortest route will be paid for attending interview.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories are required to attach the cast certificate duly signed by competent authority in the format as prescribed by the Government of India. Candidates belonging to OBC category shall also submit photocopy of non-creamy layer certificate of 2014-15 without which they will be considered only for OPEN category. The Institute follows the central Govt. approved list for SC/ST/OBC.
- Reservation for PWD (PDA) category exists as per Government of India norms. Positions from this category will be filled up depending on the availability of suitable candidate. Candidates may indicate this in their application form and bring necessary certificates from competent authority as applicable to Central Government Service norms, at the time of interview. The final selection will be made on the basic of the recommendation of a Medical Board/Officer being appointed for examining the physical disability.
- Correspondence whatsoever may not be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays or lost email, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being short listed/interviewed or selection.
- Original documents regarding certificates of qualifications, salary, cast etc. will have to be produced at the time of interview and whenever asked by the Institute.
- The short-listed candidates will be communicated the schedule for interview through e-mail.
- The selected candidates are expected to join within one month from the date of Notification.
- Legal disputes, if any, with NIT Sikkim, will be restricted within the jurisdiction of Gangtok High Court only.
Selection Procedure for National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim)- Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 5/3/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Vacancy in National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim):
- Applications must be in the prescribed format as available in the Institute Website only. Interested candidates may download the same from the website http://www.nitsikkim.ac.in.
- Please mention Post Applied and Department on the top-left corner of the envelope containing the application.
- Separate applications are to be submitted for each Post and Department.
- Application in the prescribed format completed in all respects along with attested copies of relevant testimonials, certificates should be submitted, along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 600/-for General Candidates and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/PH drawn in favour of The Director, NIT Sikkim payable at SBI Ravangla Branch, South Sikkim to “The Director, National Institute of Technology Sikkim, Ravangla Campus, Barfung Block, South Sikkim– 737 139”, on or before 05th March, 2015. The envelope containing the application be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF …………….. DEPARTMENT………………………………….”.
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy applications is 05th March, 2015. Copy of application may be sent by email by 23rd Feb. 2015 to [email protected] Applications received after the last date may be summarily rejected. The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay or lost email.
- Incomplete application forms and applications without photograph, signature, experience certificate, documentary evidence in connection with the claim made etc. will be summarily rejected.
Important dates to remeber :
Last Date to Apply for this job 5/3/2015
National Institute of Technology (NIT Sikkim) Recruitment 2014 – ADVT. NO. NITS/ADMN/RECTT./REG/FACULTY/2014-15/.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NIT Sikkim|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
|Other State Government jobs|
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016