National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Ministry of Steel Chair Professor through recruitment notification – National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy) Recruitment 2015 – Advt No: NITT/MOSCP/DFW/2015 . Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Ministry of Steel Chair Professor on or before 25/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy)|
|Vacancy Name||Ministry of Steel Chair Professor|
|Total No Of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date To Apply For This Job||25/05/2015|
|Address For The Job Vacancy||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy), Trichy|
Detail Of National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy) Ministry of Steel Chair Professor Recruitment:
Appointment of “Ministry of Steel Chair Professor”, Ministry of Steel, Government of India in the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
- Appointment of Ministry of Steel Chair Professor Applications are invited from distinguished academic personnel / professionals from Institutes, R&D Labs, and Industry in India for effective teaching and commitment to enhance the research activities in the field of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering to develop the human resources to support future needs of steel plants, academia and R&D Institutions for recruitment of one “Ministry of Steel Chair Professor” under the scheme of Ministry of Steel Chair Professor, Ministry of Steel, Government of India.
- Qualifications: Ph.D. in Metallurgy/Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Engineering / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering. Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering /Chemical Engineering / Production Engineering may be also considered if their research , over last ten years has been related to steel industry.
- Experience: (i) a) Ten years of teaching/ research experience after PhD b) Presently serving as Professor / Minimum of five years of experience at the level of Assistant Professor (V Pay Commission) / Minimum of three years of experience at the level of Associate Professor
- Pay Commission) / having retired as a Professor; (OR) (ii) 15 years of research/industrial experience out of which at least 5 years must be at a senior level (in case of candidates from Industry/R&D labs)
- Age Limit The age at the time of appointment of Ministry of Steel Chair Professor should not exceed 65 years. However, in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates the age limit may be relaxed.
- Emoluments (i) The salary of the Ministry of Steel Chair Professor would be fixed in the scale of Pay Band-4 and exact salary would be fixed by NIT Tiruchirappalli after taking into account all necessary criteria viz. qualification, experience etc. into consideration. (ii) HRA of the Ministry of Steel Chair Professor, if any, will not be reimbursed. (iii) In additional to the salary an allowance of Rs. 25,000/- per month (over and above the salary of the Chair Professor as fixed by the Institute) will be given. This additional salary will be termed as the ‘Ministry of Steel Chair Professor Allowance’. (iv) Contingency of the Chair Professor would be given @ Rs. 2 lakh per year and travel expenses of Chair Professor would be given @ Rs. 1 lakh per year. However, these will be admissible subject to actual expenditure by the Chair Professor. Expenditure on foreign travel will not be given by Ministry of Steel.
- Salient Features of the Scheme on “Ministry of Steel Chair Professor” (i) The scheme for Chair Professor will commence in 2015-16 and will run for three years (2015-16 to 2017-18). (ii) A chair for a professor of repute in Metallurgical Engineering would be created in institutes offering Metallurgical Engineering Course, subject to their willingness to accept the terms of the scheme. However, a working Professor will not be eligible to get salary from two sources. (iii) The Chair would be known as “Ministry of Steel Chair Professor” and would allow both working and retired professors. (iv) The selection of the Chair Professor would be as per the rules/ norm/ procedure laid down by the concerned institute. (v) In additional to the salary an allowance of Rs. 25,000/- per month (over and above the salary of the Chair Professor as fixed by the Institute) will be given. This additional salary will be termed as the ‘Ministry of Steel Chair Professor Allowance’. (vi) Contingency of the Chair Professor would be given @ Rs. 2 lakh per year and travel expenses of Chair Professor would be given @ Rs. 1 lakh per year. However, these will be admissible subject to actual expenditure by the Chair Professor. Expenditure on foreign travel will not be given by Ministry of Steel.
- Monitoring (i) A Monitoring Committee will oversee the functioning of the scheme in the Institutes. (ii) Every year the Chair Professor will submit a report to the Ministry of Steel, highlighting the activities undertaken by him. The Monitoring Committee will review the progress annually after receiving the progress reports from the concerned institutes. Format for Progress Report is given below. (iii) The beneficiary Institutes would provide annual fund utilization certificate and also the budget requirement for the next year. Funds would be released by Ministry of Steel on receipt of the same. Each year one institute would organize a seminar on the work done by the Chair Professor, which will be attended by the Chair Professors of all the other institutes. The requisite fund for organizing the same would be funded from SDF. This seminar should preferably be organized during the year end or semester breaks, (June-July or December). 7 Annual Progress Report Format for Annual Progress Report for the Year__________ a) Name of the Institution b) Name and Contact Details of the Incumbent (Chair Professor) c) Period of Appointment, Designation, Responsibility d) Objectives & Targets e) Major Achievements during the year (Research, Teaching & Administration) f) Supplementary Activities like Industry Visits, Collaborations, Invited Lectures, and Study Material generated etc. g) Goals and Deliverables for the next year h) Difficulties faced and Suggestions i) Level of Interaction with Industry & Academia
- The Role of the “Ministry of Steel Chair Professor” The Chair shall be a distinguished academic position occupied by an eminent person who has a broad perspective of the core Metallurgical Engineering field. The Chair Professor shall champion and catalyse the activities in the core field of Metallurgical Engineering so that there could be tangible progress in the importance given to Metallurgical Engineering Education. (i) To initiate new academic programmes and consolidate existing programmes. (ii) To initiate and provide expert guidance in R&D programmes supported by Government agencies and industry. (iii) To provide academic and technical leadership in a Metallurgical Engineering area. (iv) To improve interaction with industry through consultancy work and continuing education programmes. (v) To undertake such other academic activities as may be relevant and in the interest of NIT Tiruchirappalli. (vi) Lead and/ or assist in creating new fields of work in any of the core areas of Metallurgical Engineering. (vii) Identify and initiate specific research and development projects with the potential for concrete socioeconomic impacts, and raise funds from government agencies, nongovernmental organizations [NGOs], industry, and other organizations to execute those projects
Selection Procedure For National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy) – Ministry of Steel Chair Professor Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 25/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Ministry of Steel Chair Professor Vacancy in National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy):
Prescribed application form, summary sheet and other details can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitt.edu
The filled-in application form along with summary sheet and necessary documents should reach The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu, India on or before 25.05.2015
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 25/05/2015
Reference: National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NIT Trichy) Recruitment 2015 – Advt No: NITT/MOSCP/DFW/2015
09-12-2016 , 10-12-2016