National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of GIS Project Manager through recruitment notification – National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed Bachelors Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job GIS Project Manager on or before 04/09/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Vacancy Name : GIS Project Manager
Educational Qualification : Any Bachelors Degree
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs-1,00,000-1,20,000
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 04/09/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA),
Detail Of National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) GIS Project Manager Recruitment:
Position : GIS Project Manager
- NIUA invites submission of CVs and work samples from suitable candidates for the position of GIS Project Manager.
- National Institute for Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute for research, capacity building and dissemination of knowledge for the urban sector in India.
- It conducts research on urbanization, urban policy and planning, municipal finance and governance, land economics, transit oriented development, urban livelihoods, environment & climate change and smart cities.
- NIUA is strengthening the in-house urban database development team to build, maintain and extend the Institute’s geo-spatial domain.
- The institute intends to introduce data and visualization tools to take leverage of the new data opportunities and improvements in technology for delivering its mandate in the most effective manner.
- The responsibility of the GIS Project Manager would be to work closely with the office of the Director, and lead the geo-spatial strategies of the institute by adding value to in-house urban database development team.
- The said individual would be communicating with research project teams, identify resources and establish project objectives, timelines and milestones, develop standards for GIS deployment and use, and guide the research community at the institute in enhancing their requisite mapping skills.
- The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, data driven, highly organized and have prior experience of leading medium to large GIS development teams, web enabled systems, as well as providing support in administering enterprise systems.
- Team work and collaboration capabilities will be of the utmost importance to provide a full range geospatial data management support to research initiatives at the institute.
- International experience and proven work in design, delivery and management of core geo-spatial database of the urban research institutes would be additional plus.
- Experience in leading the GIS initiatives at urban development authorities, metropolitan city government would be desirable but not mandatory.
- The said individual would have minimum 10 years of full time professional work experience in the urban development domain, with minimum 5 years of experience leading applied GIS projects at government, non-government or private sector.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A combination of education and experience will be considered that is equivalent to those requirements listed.
- Bachelor Degree in Geography, Cartography, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering, or GIS with Masters Degree in related field is compulsory.
- Proficiency in CADD is preferred
- Professional technical experience with designing, creating, editing, and maintaining geodatabases and metadata for numerous projects.
Professional technical experience in
- SQL Server/Access DBMS’s at a strong working level.
- Open GIS, ESRI GIS and Web GIS technologies
- Open Source and Government imagery data such as Bhuvan
- Geoprocessing tools and desktop web tool development such as Python, Arc Objects
- Data Modelling of Spatial Data
- Good presentation and speaking skills
Some of the typical responsibilities include:
- Setting project goals and objectives
- Developing GIS policies and procedures
- Designing and implementing organization-wide GIS standards
- Planning, setting budgets, and implementing GIS projects and applications
- Obtaining and managing necessary GIS resources
- Supervising, monitoring and evaluating the work of GIS staff
- Recommending and, where appropriate, developing GIS and related training programmes
- Coordinating GIS-related activities with other project staff
- Providing technical and project management support
- Coordinating and leading GIS initiatives with external organizations
- Preparing GIS status reports
- Acting as liaison with related external organizations
- Evaluating technological advances and promoting the usage of appropriate technology and application
Location of position: NIUA, New Delhi
Consolidated monthly remuneration: Rs. 1,00,000 to 1,20,000 per month (depending on skills)
Selection Procedure For National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) – GIS Project Manager Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 04/09/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For GIS Project Manager Vacancy in National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA):
- Application should reach by 4th September 2015 by email or by post to the following address before 03.00pm.
- Postal Address:Director,National Institute of Urban Affairs,Core 4B 1& 2 Floor,India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road,NewDelhi – 110 003,Email: email@example.com
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 04/09/2015