National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD) invites application for the recruitment of Resource Persons with Graduate/ Master’s Degree holders
Company name : National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD)
Posts : Resource Persons
Qualification : Graduate/ Master’s Degree
Salary : NA
No of Post : 08
Location : Hyderabad
Last date to apply : 25.10.2014
Details of Post :
The Government of India has launched Aajeevika-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD). The mission aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor enabling them to increase household incomes through sustainable livelihoods and improved access to financial and public services. The NRLM functions in a mission mode for target based time bound delivery of outcomes following a demand driven approach which would allow the states to formulate their own poverty alleviation plans on the basis of available allocation, resources and skills.
NRLM is looking for pool of resource persons with relevant experience and expertise in poverty reduction and livelihoods for North East region. They should be committed to participatory processes and have training/learning/facilitation orientation and skills. Typical areas of expertise include: social mobilization, social action, group facilitation and institution building, livelihoods promotion, livelihood collectives, leadership, human resource and organisation development, project/strategic planning and management tools/skills etc.
NRLM seeks to build this pool of resource persons/trainers at various levels (district and state) to train, nurture and guide the project staff in support structures of the missions of North Eastern states in functions such as enhancing the capacity of community institutions as well as community cadres.
The following are the one or more of the expected role(s) that the selected individual will have to play:
- Handhold the SMMU/DMMU/BMMUs in imbibing the right values, principles, knowledge, skills and attitude of a community driven development project and translate this into their actions.
- Conduct training needs assessment (TNA); develop training curriculum and modules and prepare behavior change communication materials and training materials.
- Conduct Training of Trainers (ToT)
- Facilitate and handhold generic staff induction at various levels (State, District, Block and Community)
- Facilitate the block and community level project teams in effective implementation by engaging with them organically in team discussions and other strategic deliberations.
- Plan and deliver training for the community (institutions, leaders, cadres, resource persons) in NRLM processes
- Facilitate ongoing technical assistance in multiple thematic areas like institution building, capacity building and livelihoods promotion
Name of the Post : Resource Persons
- Qualification : Graduate or equivalent in any subject Willingness to work in the North Eastern States minimum of 5 years of intensive experience and expertise working on forming and strengthening SHGs and their federations, poverty reduction and livelihoods promotion The above mentioned experience should be with any one or more of the NRLM empanelled non-profit Capacity Building Agencies (CBAs) such as PRADAN, MYRADA, SRIJAN, AKRSP, Reach India Trust, etc. Good participatory training and facilitation skills, with proven ability and experience in delivering trainings in Hindi/English Proven skills in grooming and mentoring trainers as well as field staff Excellent reading, writing and communication skills
- Desirable : Master’s Degree or equivalent in Science, Economics, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Engineering, Rural Management, Development Studies or related field. Preferably from reputed institutions like all IIMs, all IITs, XLRI, FMS, IRMA, Delhi School of Economics, IIFM, TISS, Delhi School of Social Work, National Law Schools (like NLS, NALSAR etc.), JNU, XISS, XIMB, etc Work experience with large scale poverty alleviation programs in the North East (NERLP, SRLMs, NERCORMP, SRTT/SDTT funded projects/NGOs) Experience in developing and delivering training programs and grooming professionals in the rural development sector Having proficiency in English; working knowledge of any NE state language/s will be an asset Having experience of designing participatory trainings and capacity building modules and materials Having a comprehensive understanding of NRLM processes and activities Having experience of enhancing capacities of community members, leaders, cadres and community based institutions Working knowledge of MS Office Willingness to travel extensively across the North Eastern region of the country
How to apply :
The interested person can send their latest updated resumes with options for level(s), state(s) and area(s) of expertise, to [email protected], latest by 25th October 2014.Resumes should include minimum two references.
Based on the qualifications, experience, aptitude, and mutual exploration during the initial orientation, the suitable persons would be considered for enlisting/empanelling as the resource persons at regional or State levels. Remuneration will be payable as per NRLM cost norms.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 25.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NIRD|