National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) invites application for the recruitment of Assistant Professor & More Vacancies with M.Sc/ Ph.D educational background
Company name :National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
Posts : Assistant Professor & More Vacancies
Qualification : M.Sc/ Ph.D
Salary : Rs.,15,600 – 67,000/-pm
No of Post : 03
Walk in Date : 31/12/2014
Details of Post :
Assistant Professor & More Vacancies:
NISER invites applications for faculty positions in different Schools (at the level of Assistant Professor, Reader-F and Associate Professor) from candidates possessing excellent academic records and research experience in following fields.
- Assistant Professor Pay Band-3: Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 Grade Pay- Rs. 7,600/- Initial Basic Pay: 29,500/-
- Reader F : Pay Band-4: Rs. 37,400 – 67,000 Grade Pay- 8,700/-Initial Basic Pay: 46,100/-
- Associate Professor : Pay Band-4: Rs 37,400 – 67,000 Grade Pay- 8,900/- Initial Basic Pay: 49,100/-
NISER has provision for advance increments maximum up to 5 to the selected candidates depending upon their post doctoral experience and quality of publications. Accordingly, the above initial basic pay may increase.
Essential Educational Qualification:
For all the posts a Ph.D. degree in relevant discipline from a reputed and recognized University or Institute with a very good academic record.
Experience and Other Requirements:
- Assistant Professor : Candidate should have around three years of postdoctoral research / teaching experience after Ph.D. with high quality publications in high impact journals. Candidates should have interest and ability to teach courses in Integrated M.Sc. programme and in the Ph.D. programme.
- Reader-F : Candidates should have at least five years of postdoctoral research/ teaching experience with high quality publications in high impact journals. Candidates should have demonstrated the capability to lead independent research programs. Candidates should have interest and ability to teach courses in Integrated M.Sc. programme and in the Ph.D. programme. It is desirable that that candidates applying for this position should have some experience in supervising graduate and undergraduate students.
- Associate Professor : Candidate should have at least eight years of post doctoral research/ teaching experience with high quality publications in high impact journals. Candidates should have a demonstrated record of having successfully led independent research programs and have scholarly achievement in the respective field of research. Candidates should have interest and ability to teach courses in Integrated M.Sc. programme and in the Ph.D. programme. It is expected that candidates applying for this position should have experience of guiding several Ph.D and undergraduate students.
General information about posts advertised:
- Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions should send their applications THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL else they will be required to produce a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from their employer at the time of interview.
- Mere fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned herein may not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Institute reserves the right to fix higher criteria for short-listing of applications for recruitment.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above and or any other specialisation(s)/ School(s). The Institute has the right to set different as well as higher norms, while short-listing, taking into account the specific requirement of the individual departments.
- The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and/or experience will be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates may apply by enclosing: Curriculum Vitae, List of Publications (with reprints of important papers as pdf files), Names and addresses (with e-mail and fax number) of three referees, Research and teaching plan.
- The candidates are required to deliver a research talk either in person or through video conferencing system before the final interview. The candidates are expected to have a detailed interaction with the faculty members of NISER. The selected candidates must be able to join NISER within three months of selection.
- Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following in marking “Faculty application” in the subject field on or before 31st December 2014. If no suitable candidates are found in any of the advertised area, then the last date may be extended. School of Biological Sciences: [email protected], School of Chemical Sciences: [email protected], School of Mathematical Sciences: [email protected], School of Physical Sciences: [email protected]
- Candidates are advised to request the Referees to send their letters of recommendations (preferably signed versions as pdf file) directly to NISER at the above e-mail address. Those having regular job in any organization should also send a scanned copy of “No Objection Certificate” issued by the current employer. All correspondence should be addressed to the above e-mail address only. No postal correspondence is required at any stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 31.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NISER|
28-02-2017 , 01-03-2017