National Law University (NLU Orissa) invites application for the recruitment of Ph.D Programme with LLM, MA(Material Science), LLB holders
Company name :National Law University (NLU Orissa)
Posts :Ph.D Programme
Qualification : LLM, MA(Material Science), LLB
Salary : NA
No of Post : NA
Last date to apply : 27.10.2014
Details of Post :
Applications are invited in prescribed proforma for admission to Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree. The last date for submission of the application is 27.10.2014.
- An applicant seeking admission to Ph.D. Degree programme must have: Master’s Degree in Law from any recognized University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or
- Master’s Degree in Law from any recognized University with 50% marks or its equivalent in grade and have had at least five years full-time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject; or
- Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or
- Obtained a Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with 50% marks and have had at least five years full time teaching/judicial/professional/administrative experience in the subject;
- or obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Humanities or Management from any recognize University with 55% marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience; or Ph.D. in any discipline; or Judge of any State High Court in India or the Supreme Court of India
- Provided that candidates with qualifications in Social Sciences, Humanities and Sciences shall be admitted to the programme, if the research they wish to pursue, interfaces with the discipline of Law.
- Submitted application forms will to be screened, and candidates found eligible will be required to appear for an entrance examination on 09.11.2014 in NLUO campus only.
- Foreign nationals and candidates who have passed the NET or JRF examinations are exempted from appearing in the entrance examination. In subjects where NET examinations are not conducted, appearing for the admission examination is mandatory.
- Successful and exempted candidates are required to appear before a panel of experts and present their research proposals.
- The date and time of presentations will be intimated later.
- Selected candidates will be notified and intimated.
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 150 marks with 2 hours duration. The syllabus of the paper shall cover: A. Research Aptitude Research; Meaning, Characteristics and Types, Steps of Research, Methods of Research, Research Ethics, Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data, Quantitative and Qualitative Data, Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data B. Constitutional Law of India Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Judiciary, Parliament and State Legislature, Amendment of the Constitution, Writ Jurisdiction C. Legal Theory Nature and Sources of Law, Positivism, Natural Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence, Theories of Punishment, Rights and Duties, Concept and Possession and Ownership Qualifying Criteria The candidates need to secure 50% Marks in order to qualify for the stage of presentation.
- Issue of Notification 27 September 2014
- Last Date for Receiving Application Forms 27 October 2014
- Entrance Examination 09 November 2014
- Presentation of Research Proposal To be Announced
- Date of Admission To be Announced
How to apply:
Applicants are required to submit the following: 1. Completed application form 2. A demand draft of Rs. 3000/- drawn in favour of “Registrar National Law University Odisha” 3. Attested photocopies of eligibility qualification certificates and mark sheets; 4. One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books (if applicable); 5. Certificate from the Institution concerned testifying the length of service (if required) ; 6. A passport size photograph.
The completed application form along with the enclosures listed above are to be sent via registered post/courier or delivered by hand at the following address:The Registrar, NLUO,Kathajodi Campus, Sector 13 CDA, CUTTACK 753015 (old PIN code: 753014) Odisha
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date to apply: 27.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NLUO||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016