National Rural Health Mission (NRHM Kerala) invites application for the recruitment of Epidemiologist with MBBS/M.Sc holders
Company name : National Rural Health Mission (NRHM Kerala)
Posts : Epidemiologist
Qualification : MBBS/M.Sc
Salary : Rs. 25000/- P.M.
No of Post : 01
Location : Kerala
Last date to apply : 27.09.2014
Details of Post :
Application invited for the post of Epidemiologist in IDSP under District Health & Family Welfare Society, Malappuram on Contract basis.
Name of the Post : Epidemiologist
- No of Post : 01
- Qualification : MBBS with post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Preventive and Social Medicine/Public Health or Epidemiology (Such as MD,MPH, DPH,MAE etc) Or Any Medical Graduate (MBBS)with Epidemiologist 3 years’ experience in Epidemiology /Public Health Or M Sc in Life Sciences with 2 years MPH (Masters in Public Health) with three year experience Or
- M Sc (Epidemiology) with 2 years experience in Public Health
- Remuneration : Rs. 25000/-
Objective of the assignment
- The main objective of the assignment is to: Provide technical support to District Surveillance Officers to implement IDSP and ensure operational continuity for the programme.
- provide oversight for data collation, reporting, analysis and local action including outbreak investigation. Administer collection, compilation and analysis of passive surveillance data not only from peripheral health institutions but also from hospitals and colleges in the district.
- Organize Rapid Response Teams for undertaking prompt outbreak investigations. Feed back to lower level institutions on reporting, trends and outbreaks, local media monitoring.
- Support capacity building by organizing training for state IDSP staff, monitoring training impact on the field and assessing emerging training needs.
- Liaison with other departments that have relevance to disease surveillance (Animal Husbandry, Women and Child Welfare, Panchayat Raj etc.) and Organize activities to strengthen partnerships with Medical Colleges, NGO sector and & private sector in disease surveillance and control of diseases. Monthly reviews and compilation of periodic reports and plans under the project.
- Support the organization of annual district dissemination meetings on disease surveillance and proportion of “district annual disease surveillance report by December every year.
- Provide technical support for National Vector Borne Diseases Programm (NVBDCP) through supporting fever surveillance and oversight for the line listing of vector borne diseases.
- Organize and monitor temely collection of data from all reporting units. Administer colliection, compilation and analysis of a passive surveillance data not only from peripheral health institutions but also form hospitals and colleges in the district.
- Analyse surveillance data and prepare weekly surveillance graphs and charts.
- Identifty outbreaks of diseases targeted in IDSP for all reporting units using triggers agree with State and Central Surveillance Unit.
- Prepare and send monthly summaries of the disease situation to the Stat Surveillance Unit and Regional Project Co ordinators.
- Initiate outbreak investigations promptly following the standard operating guidelines of IDSP
- Co ordinate movement of Rapid Response Team &Participate in all outbreak investigations.
- Ensure timely submission of FIR(First Information Report) and detailed Outbreak Report ot SSU and Regional Project Co ordinators.
- Prepare and timely submit annual project report and annual surveillance report for the DSU to SSu and Regional Project Coordinators.
- Support effective operational integration of disease control, efforts based on the surveillance data.
- Coordinate involvement of Medical Colleges, Private Sector, Community and Media in Surveillance activities.
- Provide regular feedback to all reporting units on disease trends and outbreaks.
- Organize coordinate&monitor training of district staff under IDSP
- Identify emerging training needs at the district and revise training calendars accordingly
- Organize dissemination of training manuals and materials for training courses.
- Assist in organizing independent evaluation studies under IDSP and its outcome.
- Supervise Data Entry Operators and Accountants appointed under IDSP to ensure timely submission of quality information required in relation to data and finance/procurement matters.
- Monitor proper use of EDUSAT facility/IT networking towards data transfer training, econferencing.
- Coordinate regular meetings of District Surveillance Committee and assist in inter-sectoral coordination for effective IDSP implementation.
- Organize regular meetings of IDSP stakeholders.
- Make supervisory visits to reporting units to monitor implementation of project activity.
- Support district surveillance officers in carrying out other works related to effective implementation of IDSP
How to apply :
- Apply in priscribed format enclosed herewith on or before 27.09.2014 to The District Programme Manager, National Health Mission (Arogyakeralam), B-3 Block, Civil station, Malappuram.
- Claims in respect of qualifications and experience etc., should be supported by copies of relevent documents; candidate may be required to produce the originals at the time of interview.
- The posts are temporary in nature during the period of the operation of the Mission. The contract of the selected candidate may be extended according to the direction of NHM/Government of India/Governement of Kerala in the matter.
- No TA/DA will be paid for the interview
- Selected candidates will be governed by rules and regulations of NHM in force from time to time.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 27.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NRHM Kerala||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
23-01-2017 , 24-01-2017