North East Livelihood Promotion Society (NERLP) invites application for the recruitment of Coordinators with Post Graduate degree holders
Company name :North East Livelihood Promotion Society (NERLP)
Qualification : Post Graduate degree
Salary : Rs.22000/- p.m
No of Post : 02
Last date to apply : 10/10/2014
Details of Post :
North East Livelihood Promotion Society, an autonomous body under Ministry of DoNER, Govt. of India, invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following posts on contract basis for the World Bank funded North East Rural Livelihood Project (NERLP).
Coordinator (Social Gender & Community Mobilisation):
- Place of work : DPMU, West Tripura, Agartala.
- Eligibility and Qualification:
- Post Graduate degree from a recognized University / Institutions/ in Social Work / Sociology / Economics / Rural Development or related fields.
- Candidates serving in Central Govt / State Govt / PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies, requisite experience will be judged.
- Experience: Experience of working in the field of rural development and community mobilization, community institution building and gender sensitization preferably for least 3 years. Preference will be given to those who have worked for externally aided projects involving rigorous project preparation and management. Experience in rural development schemes/ state Govt schemes is desirable.
- Other essentials:
- Compulsorily travel frequently to the project areas which are rural and remote and be willing for night stays.
- Ability to empathize with the rural poor and lateral communication with them.
- Sensitivity towards cultural differences and gender.
- Must possess basic computer skills in addition to analytical skills on issues of community mobilization and gender.
- Should know local dialect.
- Capable of working individually and as a part of team.
- Willingness to accept a minimum tenure of three years.
- Design the project to focus on participatory and inclusive strategies for the poor and address capacity building requirement of the community.
- Focus on enhancing understanding about the ethnic identities of communities in the project areas and sensitize the entire project design team on these issues so that appropriate project design is facilitated.
- Liaison with PFT and other agencies.
- Assist PFT and communities in building institutions with appropriate framework.
- Facilitate linkage of CDGs/ SHGs with financial Institutions
- Should assist CDG / SHG / YGs / PFT in identifying their training needs, developing training schedule and training aids.
- Guiding PFT for community institution building.
- Interact with Women in communities to gain better understanding of women in community development and decision making process.
- Develop a participatory monitoring machinery.
- Any other task assigned by DPM that would contribute to the realization of project objectives.
Coordinator (Coordinator, Livelihood and Rural Marketing):
- Place of work : DPMU, North Tripura, Kailasahar.
- Educational Qualification:.Post Graduate degree from a recognized University / Institutions in Agricultural Economics / Rural Development/ Management / Agriculture Business or related discipline.Candidates serving in Central Govt / State Govt / PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies requisite experience will be judged Knowledge on National Agricultural Commodity market will be an added qualification.
- Experience of working in the field of rural marketing and promotion of income generating activities for 3 years is desirable. Preference will be given to those having experience in rigorous project preparation and management in an externally aided project. Experience in designing community based income generating empowering projects will be highly rated.
- Other essentials:
- Compulsorily travel frequently to the project areas which are rural and remote. Has to be prepared for frequent night halts in field.
- Ability to empathize with the rural poor & have lateral communication with them.
- Sensitivity towards cultural differences.Basic Computer skills.
- Should know local dialect of the respective States.
- Willingness to accept a minimum tenure of three years
- Livelihood and Market Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the District team in designing sectoral plans for the development of Agriculture, Horticulture/ Forestry based and other non–farm based livelihood activities in which the poor can participate. A regular report & feedback in this regard will have to submitted to PM (L &RM)
- To identify the major sources of existing and potential livelihood in which the rural population in the selected states are involved in large numbers and categorize these according to geographical / ecological clusters
- To identify major sub sectors/ commodities in each cluster of villages of the District where there is potential for growth and in which the project should intervene.
- To identify institutional obstacles, social processes, vulnerabilities and risk impeding the poor from benefiting adequately from the existing livelihood system in the sub sectors
- To identify infrastructure availability and institutional arrangement for input supply and output marketing for the sub sectoral activities.
- To identify critical intervention points in the value chain that need to be invested in for gaining more income for the poor from the sectors.
- To identify major players within and outside the region in the identified sub sectors who could contribute to the development of sub sectors in terms of technology, markets , finance and other inputs and explore possibilities of partnership with such players
- To estimate the unit cost of the critical intervention points in the chosen sub sectors/ commodities so as to enable investment planning within the proposed project.
- Any other task assigned by District Project Manager that would contribute to the realization of project objectives.
Remuneration : Individuals appointed on contractual basis will be paid `.22,000/- per month (Consolidated)
How to apply:
- Application in the prescribed form (available at www.nerlp.gov.in) along with attested copies of certificates, mark sheets and testimonials should reach the Office of the Project Director on the above address on or before 10th October,2014. Applications may also be submitted to:
- District Project Management Unit, North East Rural Livelihood Project, Joy Guru Bus Stand, Dhaleswar, Agartala ,West Tripura,Pincode-799007.
- District Project Management Unit, North East Rural Livelihood Project, Gournagar, Kailasahar, Unakoti, Tripura,Pin-799277.
- For further details, please logon to www.nerlp.gov.in
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 10.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NERLP||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
21-01-2017 , 22-01-2017