Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Assistants through recruitment notification – Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC) Recruitment 2015 . Candidates who have completed LLB can apply for the new recruitment notification from Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Research Assistants on or before 31/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC)
Vacancy Name : Research Assistants
Educational Qualification :LLB
Total No Of Vacancy : 21 Posts
Salary : Rs-10,000/-pm
Job Location : Cuttack
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 31/05/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC),Cuttack
Detail Of Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC) Research Assistants Recruitment:
- Applications for Contractual engagement of 21 (Twentyone) persons as Research Assistants for a period of 1one) year under terms and conditions mentioned in the scheme for engaging Research Assistants in the High Court of Orissa available in the website of the High Court are invited from eligible candidates having essential qualification. Maximum age of the candidate as on 1January of the year 2015 must not be more than 33 years. The last date of submitting application (duly filled up and complete in every manner) must reach the office of Registrar General, Orissa High Court, Cuttack, on or before 31.05.2015 during office hours.
- Form of application is available on and can be downloaded from the website http://oriSSahiqhcourt.nic.in.
- Persons who are in engagement as Research Assistants will not be considered for further engagement.
- TITLE- The guidelines provided herein after shall be called as Scheme for engagingResearch Assistant in the High Court of Orissa.”
- DEFINITIONS: Unless there is anything repugnant in the subject of context(i) Chief Justice” means Honble Chief Justice of the High Court of Orissa.(ii) Judge” means Honble Judge of the High Court of Orissa (iii) Research Assistant” means the person to assist the Honble Judges in the Research work inLegal issues coming up for adjudication. (iv) Schedule” means schedule given at the end of these guidelines (v) Website” means official website of the High Court of Orissa as may be uploaded from time totime. (At present it is http://orissahighcourt.nic.in) (vi) UniversitiesColleges/ institutions” shall mean the UniversitiesColleges/ Institutionsestablished by law in India.
- TERMAND NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:(i) Research Assistant shall be engaged on purely temporary and contractual basis for a term of one year subject to hisher performance to the satisfaction of Honble Judge with whom heshe is attached, which shall not entail person concerned to claim any regular appointment. (ii) One Research Assistant shall be attached with Honble Chief Justice so also one with each
- Honble Judge. (iii) Premature discharge of the assignment given to Research Assistant without any notice shall be Lawful, provided that the Honble Judge with whom the concerned Research Assistant is attached, makes recommendation in writing to the Honble Chief Justice. (iv) A Research Assistant intending to leave assignment at premature stage shall be required to giveprior notice of three months, or residuary tenure of assignment which ever is higher.
- METHOD OF SELECTION(i) Selection for engaging Research Assistant shall be made by notifying requirement, and thereby inviting applications from willing candidates. The proforma of abridged advertisement shall be as may be prescribed in schedule I from time to time.(ii) Such application shall be made in the form as is prescribed in ScheduleII which can be downloaded from website, and it must be accompanied with the copies of documents, as enumerated in that form. – (iii) Simultaneous to publication of abridged notification, Registrar, Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions may also be intimated about the requirement, requesting to persuade, and forward applications, of willing candidates, along with their recommendation. (iv) Calender as is given in schedule III shall, as far as possible, be adhered to.(v) Selection shall be made on the basis of recommendation of the Judge authorized by the HonbleChief Justice. (vi) Selection shall be made in order of merit as recommended by the Honble Judge authorized bythe Honble Chief Justice. (vii) After receipt of the recommendations from the judge authorized, the Honble Chief Justice shall order attachment of one Research Assistant to each of the Honble Judges, including the Honble Chief Justice himself. The formal order in this regard shall however be issued by the RegistrarGeneralRegistrar Administration.
- AGE AND NATIONALITY -i) A candidate must not have attained the age of 33 years on 1January preceding the last date fixed for submission of the application.(ii) He must be a citizen of India.
- QUALIFICATIONS:(i) A candidate must be a law graduate or post graduate in law from any recognized UniversitiesCollegesInstitutions, established by law in India and should not have put in more than one year of practice, if heshe is a practising advocate.(ii) A candidate must have basic knowledge of computer.(iii) In case a candidate is selected who is practising as an advocate, he / she must surrender / keep inabeyance his/ her advocates licence during hisher tenure as Research Assistant, but however suchperiod shall be includedcalculated towards hisher practice as as an Advocate.
- . DISQUALIFICATIONS:(i) A candidate must not have more than one wedded spouse, nor should be married to such aperson, who already had a living spouse at that time.(ii) A candidate should not be involved in any criminal case, whether convicted or against whom criminal trial is pending.
- CHARACTERA candidate must be a person of integrity, honesty and good moral character, for which he will submit certificates of two responsible persons, at the time of submitting application.
- HONORARIUM(i) A fixed honorarium of Rs. 10000/- (Rupees ten thousand) per month without any dearness or other allowanceperquisite, shall be paid to the Research Assistant. (ii) Proportionate reduction of honorarium shall be made for unauthorized absence, so also for absence beyond permissible period of leave.
- ATTENDANCE AND LEAVE(i) A Research Assistant shall be entitled to one casual leave on completion of one calendar month, and unavailed casual leave will accumulate, up till end of the calendar year. (ii) The Private Secretary of the Honble Judge to whom such Research Assistant is attached shall maintain account of attendance and casual leave of the Research Assistant and will send its intimation on laws working day each calendar month to the Bill Section, for preparing bill of honorarium.
- DUTIES OF RESEARCH ASSISTANT:(i) to assist the Honble Judge, in discharge of judicial and administrative functions, the Research Assistant shall perform the following duties, under direct control of the Honble Judge with whom heshe is attached,ii) to read the case files, and prepare the case, i.e., case Summary and notes and chronology of events of such a comprehensive nature, that it may give to the Honble Judge a complete view of the mater, including the legal questions involved, and the latest case law having bearing on the case eitherways,
- iii) to search out case law, articles, papers and other relevant material required in discharge of judicialadministrative work, iv) to take down notes of arguments and to prepare notes of cases (v) to identify facts, issues and questions that may arise in the course of arguments, or as may be relevant for judgment, vi) to maintain record of judgments by the Honble Judge along with the point of law decided in that particular case, and to maintain it in such a manner, as to be very conveniently retrievable, as and when needed by the Judge, for any purpose whatsoever, vii) to perform whatever is directed, in the course of imparting training to him, with regard to procedure and substantive law,viii) to assist the Honble Judge in preparing any speechacademic paper.
- DUTY HOURS:It is full time job, and the Research Assistant may be required to attend the residential office ofthe concerned Honble Judge, in addition to normal duty during office hours. Heshe may be required toattend the officeresidential office, even on gazettedlocal holidays. However, the time schedule shall bemutually adjusted by the Honble Judge concerned, so as to make convenient working of the ResearchAssistant as well as the Honble Judge concerned.
- CONDUCT DURING AND AFTER TERM OF ASSIGNMENT(i) A Research Assistant shall maintain devotion to duty, and high standard of moral, during the term of assignment. He will not disclose any fact which comes to his knowledge on account of such official attachment, during or after completion of term of assignment, unless such disclosure is legally required in discharge of lawful duties.(ii) The Research Assistant will not accept any other assignment during term of assignment as
- Research Assistant.(iii) Heshe will not leav headquarter without seeking permission from Honble Judge concerned. (iv) heshe will not avail leave without getting it sanctioned. In any case of emergency, heshe will immediately contact and convey the Honble Judge concerned, of hisher inability to attend office.
- UNDERTAKINGBefore taking over assignment, the Research Assistant shall submit an undertaking in format, as may be prescribed in Schedule IV, before the Registrar General of the High Court of Orissa
- CERTIFICATE:(i) On successful completion of term of assignment, a certificate by the Registrar General shall beissued, in form as is prescribed in Schedule V(ii) If the assignment is terminated before completion of original term, due to pre-mature discharge by the High Court, or due to voluntary giving up assignment, by person concerned, no such certificateshall be given
- PUBLICATION OF THE SCHEME:(i) The scheme shall be uploaded on website and intimation of uploading may be given to theRegistrar, InstitutionsUniversities/ Colleges.
- (ii) The Honble Chief Justice may direct publishing of this scheme in any other additional manner also.
Selection Procedure For Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC) – Research Assistants Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Research Assistants Vacancy in Orissa High Court Cuttack (OHC):
- Candidates should affix a latest taken coloured photograph on or after 13.05.2015 in passport
- size with his own signature thereon and duly attested by a Gazetted Officer at the space provided in the application.
- The envelope containing application should be marked APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RESEARCH ASSISTANT.
- Envelope shall contain only one application form. An envelop containing more than one application form, shall stand rejected.
- Candidates must attach with the application form, attested copies of the certificates & marksheets in support of their age and educational qualifications, extra curricular activities and also insupport of their having computer knowledge.
- Two Character certificates as per Clause 8 of the Scheme.
- Applications may be sent either by Speed Post, Registered Post with A.., or through Courier, or can be deposited by hand during office hours.
- The defective applications, which are not complete in any respect, will be rejected out-right.
- Applications received after last date shall not be entertained and the Court will not be responsible
- for any postal delay. . The candidate shall not practise in any court of law nor engage himself in any professional
- pursuit during the engagement as Research Assistant.
- Dated: REGISTRAR GENERAL
- Determination of availability of seats : last working day of February.
- Sending intimation to Registrars Proctors of concerned Institution etc. and publishing of the advertisement in the website – 13Day of May 2015.
- Last date for submitting Application : 31Day of May 2015.
- . Sending Call Letters: Second week of June. 5. Interview ; 26.06.2015 subject to variation depending upon examination schedule of empanelled institutions.
- Sending Letter of Offer: Upto 15July 2015.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/05/2015
22-01-2017 , 23-01-2017