Osmania University invites application for the recruitment of Professor with Ph.D/Master Degree holders
Company name : Osmania University
Posts : Professor
Qualification : Ph.D/Master Degree
Salary : NA
No of Openings : 45
Location : Hyderabad
Last date to apply : 28-07-2014 .
Details of Post :
Applications in the prescribed form, together with a Registration Fee of Rs.500/-(Rupees five hundred only) payable through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Osmania University, Hyderabad-500 007 , payable at Hyderabad, are invited for the following posts (SC/ST Backlogs ) under Faculties of Arts, Commerce, Education, Law, Social Sciences (Group-I), and Science (Group-II) in the University Service so as to reach the undersigned in person or by post by 5:00 p.m. on or before28-07-2014 .
- Scale of Pay: Associate Professor: Rs. 37400-67000 + AGP Rs.9000 (UGC RSP 2006)Assistant Professor: Rs. 15600-39100 + AGP Rs.6000 (UGC RSP 2006)
- Age: “The relaxation of age limit is extended to all the qualified candidates in addition to the in-service people for appointment of Associate / Assistant Professor in the University service”. Hence, there is no upper age limit for all eligible candidates.
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/ relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of Eight (8) years of experience of teaching and/or research in anacademic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of Five (5) publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology –mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum consolidated API score requirement of (300) points from category-III of APIs.
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the NationalEligiblity Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
The Govt. of A.P. have vide its G.O.Ms.NO.18, Higher Education (UE-I), dated 27.02.2004 granted relaxation from possessing of NET/SLET qualification for the recruitment of Assistant Professors reserved for the SC/ST backlog vacancies in the Universities whenever notified subject to the condition that the candidates should give an undertaking stating that they would pass the NET/SLET examination within two years from the date of their recruitment failing which they would not be eligible for release of increments and promotion under Career Advancement Scheme.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 28-07-2014 .
|Click here for More Details|
23-02-2017 , 24-02-2017