Parliament of India (PoI) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Parliamentary Interpreter through recruitment notification – Parliament of India (PoI) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. 3/2015. Candidates who have completed Master Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Parliament of India (PoI).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Parliamentary Interpreter Job on or before 31/8/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Parliament of India (PoI)
Vacancy Name : Parliamentary Interpreter
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree
Total No of Vacancy : 11 Post
Salary : Rs.15,600-39,100/- p.m
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 31/8/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : THE JOINT RECRUITMENT CELL, ROOM NO. 521, PARLAMENT HOUSE ANNEXE, NEW DELH|-110001
Detail of Parliament of India (PoI) Parliamentary Interpreter Recruitment:
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens to fill up the vacancies for the post of Parliamentary Interpreter Grade-II (Group “A” post) in Lok Sabha Secretariat as per details given below :
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Salary||Age|
|Parliamentary Interpreter – II||11 Post||For English/Hindi Interpreters: QLFNS: Master’s degree in English from a recognised university with medium of Hindi language up to Degree Level OR Master’s degree in Hind from a recognised university with medium of English language up to Degree Level. Desirable (1) Experience in translation or interpretation work, and (2) Certificate in computer course recognised by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)/Department of Electronics Accreditation of Computer Courses (DOEACC) or courses equivalent to ‘O’ Level in terms of syllabus and duration of course as prescribed by DOEACC. –||Rs.15,600-39,100/- p.m||
For Regional Language interpreters: QLFNS Master’s degree in English or any other discipline (with English as a medium of instruction) from a recognised university with regional language concerned up to Degree Level Desirable (1) Experience in translation or interpretation work and (2) Certificate in computer course recognised by AICTEDOEACC or courses equivalent to O Level in terms of syllabus and duration of course as prescribed by DOEACC
UPPER AGE LIMIT. 35 years
Note: (i) The candidates so selected for appointment will have to undergo training in interpretation for such period as may be specified by the Lok Sabha Secretariat. They will also have to qualify two departmental interpretation tests le one after two years of service and the other after three years of service with such standard of proficiency in Interpretation as may be prescribed Unless the incumbents qualify the said departmental interpretation tests they will not be considered for promotion to the grade of Parliamentary Interpreter Grade-1 which will also be subject to availability of vacant post(s)
Selection Procedure for Parliament of India (PoI) – Parliamentary Interpreter Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/8/2015.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear in Oration Test/Written Test/Simultaneous Interpretation Test/Personal Interview as follows: | Oration Test: Candidates will be subjected to an Oration test which will be of 200 marks. During the Oration test a candidate for the post of Regional Language
- Interpreter will be required to speak ex-tempore in English for 3 minutes on any one of the 7 topics given to her him. A candidate for the post of English/Hindi Interpreter will however be required to speak for 3 minutes in English and 3 minutes in Hindi on any one of the topics in English and 7 topics in Hind that will be placed before the candidate. The objective is to assess fluency language content style pronunciation and accent material content and voice of the candidates.
- Written Test. Only those candidates who qualify the Oration Test at the requisite standards will be allowed to appear in a written Test comprising the following papers a) For Regional Language interpreters – (i) 50 Multiple choice objective type questions each on General Knowledge & Current Affairs. General English, and General regional language concerned – 150 Marks (75 Minutes) and (ii) Translation from concerned language to English which will be of 200 Marks (1 Hour).
- For English/Hindi Interpreters – () 50 Multiple choice objective type questions each on General Knowledge & Current Affairs. General English, and General Hindi – 150 Marks (75 Minutes) and (ii) Translation from English to Hindi of 100 Marks and from Hind to English of 100 Marks (2 Hours Candidates will have to qualify both papers of the Written Test and components thereof at the requisite standards Paper-ll of only those candidates will be evaluated who secure the minimum qualifying marks in each component of Paper- Only those candidates who qualify the Written Test will be allowed to appear in the Simultaneous Interpretation Test Prior to that they would be provided one or two-day training in simultaneous interpretation. The actual period of training wilbe intimatedto tne candidates vide calletter
- Simultaneous Interpretation Test for () Regional Language Interpreters – from concerned language to English (10 Minutes) which will be of 200 Marks and (ii) English Hind interpreters from English to Hindi (5 Minutes) of 100 Marks and from Hind to English (5 Minutes) of 100 Marks. The performance of the candidates will be assessed under five specific parameters Le Coverage. Accuracy. Style and Diction Continuity of Interpretation and Voice Pronunciation and Accent Only those candidates who qualify the Simultaneous Interpretation Test at the requisite standards will be allowed to appear in the Personal Interview
- Personal Interview. The personal interview will carry 50 Marks. Candidates will have to qualify the Personal Interview at the requisite standards From amongst the candidates who quality Personal Interview, selection will be made on the basis of the overal performance of the candidates in the Oration Test Written Test Simultaneous Interpretation Test and Personal Interview subject to availability of vacances. The candidates belonging to OBC, SC and ST categories availing the benefit of their category in age and/or in marks obtained in Interview will not be entitled to occupy ‘UR’ vacancy.
How to apply for Parliamentary Interpreter Vacancy in Parliament of India (PoI) :
- Eligible candidates have to apply in typewritten form for the above post, either in English or in Hindi, strictly in the prescribed format. The format of the application can be downloaded from the website http://www.loksabha.nic.in under the link Recruitment —- Advertisements and Notices.
- Applications which are illegible, not conforming to the prescribed application format and the instructions given in the Advertisement or received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates in Government service should submit their application(s) through proper channel only (Otherwise no age relaxation will be given for the same) No such application will be accepted 7 days after 31-08-2015.
- Applicants should affix two self-attested identical recent passport size photographs one on the application form and the other on the attendance sheet.
- Canvassing in any manner would lead to summary rejection of application and candidature at any stage.
- All particulars (except Residential Address) furnished by the applicant will be treated as final and no change will be allowed therein later on. The applications of the candidates who do not specify their category in sl. no.11 of the application, will be rejected.
- For candidates staying abroad and for those posting applications from Andaman & Nicobar Islands Lakshadweepl Assam! Meghalayal Arunachal Pradesh/ Mizoram/ Manipur’Nagaland Tripura Sikkims]ammu & Kashmir Lahaul and Spiti districts and Pang Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, the last date for receipt of application by post only (not by Hand or by Courier) will be 7 days after 31-08-2015.
- Candidates should send their application in an envelope superscribing clearly the name of the post applied for on the cover of the envelope Applicants must fill up all the columns of application form properly Applications complete in all respects should be sent to
- THE JOINT RECRUITMENT CELL, ROOM NO. 521, PARLAMENT HOUSE ANNEXE, NEW DELH|-110001.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 31/8/2015
Parliament of India (PoI) Recruitment 2014 – ADVT. NO. 3/2015.