Periyar University has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Masters Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Periyar University
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Assistant Professor on or before 05/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Periyar University
Vacancy Name : Assistant Professor
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree
Total No Of Vacancy : 05 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Salem
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 05/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Periyar University, Periyar Palkalai Nagar, Salem-636 011
Detail Of Periyar University Assistant Professor Recruitment:
Applications in the prescribed form (EIGHT COPIES) are invited from eligible candidates for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the following Departments at PERIYAR UNIVESITY, PERIYAR PALKALAI NAGAR, SALEM -636 011. The selection will be done as per the UGC norms and the 200 point reservation policy of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Post: Assistant Professor (Scheduled Castes -1) (Arunthathiyars on preferential basis):
- Department: Food Science and Nutrition
- Essential Qualifications: (i) Master’s Degree in Food Science and Nutrition with 50% marks or equivalent grade in the seven point scale. (ii) A pass in CSIR-UGC NET/SLET/SET in the relevant discipline. (OR) Candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in Food Science and Nutrition in accordance with University Grants Commission Regulation 2009.
Post: Assistant Professor (Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities-1):
- Department: Physics
- Essential Qualifications: (i) Master’s Degree in Physics with 55% marks or equivalent grade of B in the seven point scale. (ii) A pass in UGC NET/SLET/SET in the relevant discipline. (OR) Candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in Physics in accordance with University Grants Commission Regulation 2009.
Post: Assistant Professor (General Turn -1) (Scheduled Castes -1) (Arunthathiyars on preferential basis):
- Department: Management Studies
- Essential Qualifications: (i) First Class Masters Degree in Business Management / Administration / in a relevant management related discipline or first class in two year full time PGDM declared equivalent by AIU / accredited by the AICTE / UGC; OR (ii) First Class graduate and professionally qualified Charted Accountant / Cost and Works Accountant / Company Secretary of the concerned statutory bodies.
- Desirable:(i) Teaching, research, industrial and / or professional experience in a reputed organization; (ii) Papers presented at Conferences and / or published in refereed journals.
Post: Assistant Professor (General Turn -1):
- Department: Energy Studies
- Essential Qualifications: (i) Good academic record with at least 55% of marks at the Master Degree level (Physics/Chemistry/Energy Science/Geology) from an Indian University/ accredited Foreign University. (ii) The candidate must have cleared the NET conducted by UGC/CSIR (or) similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. (OR) Have been awarded a Ph.D Degree (Physics/Chemistry/Energy Science/Geology) in accordance with UGC regulations 2009.
- Desirable: Working experience in Solar Photovoltaic/ Wind energy/ Thermal Energy / Grid Integration. Renewable and Non-Renewable energy areas.
Selection Procedure For Periyar University – Assistant Professor Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Assistant Professor Vacancy in Periyar University:
For the application form, details of qualifications, experience, scale of pay and terms & conditions you may visit www.periyaruniversity.ac.in. Filled in application form along with the required enclosures should reach the University on or before 5.00 p.m. 05.06.2015. The envelope should carry the superscription “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ___________________________ in the category of ______________ at Periyar University, Periyar Palkalai Nagar, Salem-636 011. The University reserves the right to shortlist the candidates as per the prevailing norms and also fill or not fill-up the post without assigning any reason whatsoever. Preference will be given to Arunthathiyars as per rules. In case qualified candidates in this category are not available, candidates from Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyarsshall be considered for selection on the basis of merit. Preference will be given to women candidates as per rules.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05/06/2015