Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) invites application for the recruitment of Chairman & Managing Director with MBA ,Graduate educational background
Company name : Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID)
Posts : Chairman & Managing Director
Qualification : MBA , Graduate
Salary : Rs. 80,000-125,000/-pm
No of Openings : 02
Location : New Delhi
Last date to apply : 27.11.2014
Details of Post :
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 with the mission of “Establishment and Operation of Regional and National Power Grids to facilitate transfer of electric power within and across the regions with reliability, security and economy on sound commercial principles”. PGCIL, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country is a Schedule – ‘A’/Navratna CPSE in Industrial Development and Technical Consultancy Services sector under the administrative control of Ministry of Power. Its Registered office is at New Delhi and Corporate Office at Gurgaon, Haryana. The authorised and paid up capital of the Corporation was Rs.10,000 crores and Rs.4629.73 crores respectively as on 31st March, 2013. The Shareholding of the Government of India is 69.42%.
Chairman & Managing Director:
- JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Chairman and Managing Director is the Chief Executive of the Corporation and accountable to its Board of Directors and Government. He is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Corporation for achieving its corporate objectives and performance parameters.
- AGE: On the date of occurrence of vacancy (i) Minimum 45 years. (ii) Not more than 58 years for internal candidates and not more than 57 years for others. The age of superannuation is 60 years.
- QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE: The applicant should be a graduate with good academic record from a recognized university/institution. He should possess adequate experience at a senior level of management in a large organization of repute. Persons with Technical/MBA qualifications and having experience in management and familiarity with Finance, Marketing/Production will have added advantage. Knowledge of Power Sector is desirable.
- PAY SCALE: (a) Central Public Sector Executives. Executives holding posts in the pay scale of: Rs. 8250-9250 (IDA) Rs. 11500–13500 (IDA) Post 01.01.1992 Rs. 23750–28550 (IDA) Post 01.01.1997 Rs. 62000–80000 (IDA) Post 01.01.2007 Rs. 22400-24500 (CDA) Rs. 67000–79000 (2006 – CDA) The minimum length of service required in the eligible scale will be one year for internal candidates, and two years for others as on the date of vacancy. (b) Government Officers Government officers of the level of Additional Secretary in Govt. of India or on equivalent scale of pay or Lt. General in the Army or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force, on the date of application will be eligible for consideration on immediate absorption basis.
- DURATION OF APPOINTMENT The appointment shall be for a period of five years or upto the date of superannuation whichever is earlier.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS : Prospective candidates from the Central Public Sector and Government officers shall send their applications, through proper channel, in the format at Annexure I. The applications for various categories of the officers are routed through proper channel as follows: a) For Government Servants : through Cadre Controlling authority. b) For CMD’s/MD’s/Director’s in CPSE: through the concerned administrative ministry. c) For below Board level in CPSE: through the concerned CPSE.
CERTIFICATION BY CANDIDATE:-a) Candidate has to submit his/her willingness for the post at the time of interview itself clearly stating that he/she will join the post, if selected. If any candidate, does not initially give his/her willingness, he/she will not be interviewed. b) If any of the candidates who appeared for the interview and is selected by the PESB, gives his/her unwillingness after the interview is held, but before the appointment is processed, would be debarred for a period of two years for being considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.c) If any candidate gives his/her unwillingness after the issue of offer of appointment, he/she would be debarred for a period of two years from the date of offer of appointment from being considered for a Board level post in any PSE other than the one to which the candidate belongs.d) In the above cases, no request for relaxation or otherwise would be entertained.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Annexure-I may be downloaded from the website of PESB / Candidates can also download the application form by Click here to apply below.
- Last date of receipt of applications in PESB is 27th NOVEMBER, 2014. No application shall be entertained under any circumstances after the stipulated date. Incomplete applications are liable to be REJECTED.
- Board reserves the right to shortlist candidates for interview.
- Applications are to be addressed to Shri Rajiv Rai, Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board,
- Public Enterprises Bhawan, Block No. 14, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.ALL CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECTION BOARD SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO SECRETARY, PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECTION BOARD ONLY
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 27.11.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From POWERGRID||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
24-01-2017 , 25-01-2017