Power Grid Corporation of India hiring B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc holders for Executive Trainee (Electrical) – 19th Batch role
Company name : Power Grid Corporation of India
Posts : Executive Trainee (Electrical) – 19th Batch
Qualification : B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc
Location : Gurgaon
Last date to apply : 08/02/2014
Details of Post :
Executive Trainee (Electrical) – 19th Batch
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,01,379 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 169 Sub-stations (as on 30.6.2013) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of 13,329 Crore and Net Profit of 4235 Crore (FY:2012-13).
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEE in Electrical discipline
UPPER AGE LIMIT : 28 years as on 31.12.2013
- Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg) from recognized University/Institute – Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering
- AMIE - Electrical
Final Year / Semester students of Sl. No. 1 above who expect their results by 14.08.2014 are also eligible, provided they have obtained minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
The selection process will include the marks obtained (Out of 100) by the eligible candidates in the EE paper of GATE 2014, followed by group discussion and personal interview of the candidates who qualify in the GATE paper and have been shortlisted category wise for the GD and interview. Candidates shall have the option for appearing the GD/ interview in Hindi or English.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the Electrical Engineering (EE) paper of GATE – 2014.
Candidates obtaining a valid score (Marks out of 100) shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the EE paper of GATE 2014.
Qualifying Marks in GATE-2014.
The qualifying marks for GATE Examination shall be as per the criteria adopted by the GATE-2014 examination conducting authority for different categories.
Short listing of Eligible candidates for GD & Interview
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their marks (Out of 100) in the EE paper of GATE – 2014.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to submit the documents as may be mentioned in their individual communication to be sent through e-mail/ Candidate login.
Qualifying Marks in GD & Interview:
GD will not have any qualifying marks. Interview will have qualifying marks for different categories as mentioned below.
To Receive Education Based Job Alert - Register Now on Fresherslive.com
Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-50500 during the one-year training period. The Corporation offers a very attractive pay package which is one of the best in the Industry. The approximate CTC* per annum are as follows:
- During Training Rs. 7.65 lakhs per annum
- After Training Rs. 13.4 lakhs per annum
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is Rs. 1,00,000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and Rs. 50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
MPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION/ APPLICATION
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for GATE -2014 in Electrical Discipline (Code EE).
- Online Registration for GATE-2014 shall commence on 2nd September 2013.
- Last date for Online Registration for GATE-2014 is 3rd October 2013 (23:59 hrs.).
- For details on GATE -2014, please visit http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014.
- A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 7th January 2014.
- From 7th January 2014 onwards, Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE -2014 Application No., GATE-2014Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE-2014 Admit card and Original GATE-2014 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview are likely to be conducted in the month of
- April/May 2014.
Important dates to remember :
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID (tentative) - first week of January 2014
- Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID (tentative) - second week of February 2014
To apply for the Government Job Openings – Click Here