Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Field Officer through recruitment notification – Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) Recruitment 2015 – Advt. No. NER/02/2015. Candidates who have completed B.Tech, Masters Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Field Officer on or before 02/08/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)
Vacancy Name :Field Officer
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech, Any Masters Degree
Total No Of Vacancy : 08 Posts
Salary : Rs.30,000-33,000/-pm
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 02/08/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID), Across India
Detail Of Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) Field Officer Recruitment:
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID, North Eastern Region spans across the seven North Eastern States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura. POWERGRID, North Eastern Region requires eligible experienced personnel for Consultancy Projects in North Eastern Region, for North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP). The engagement shall be purely on temporary & contract basis for a period of 24 months or till completion of extended period or completion of project, whichever is earlier. The contractual period may be further extended for another period up to one year depending on the work requirement and performance of the individual. The engagement will not entitle anyone to claim for any regular employment in POWERGRID or any relaxation in case of any requirement for regular posts in POWERGRID. Details of the requirement are as given below:
- No of Post : 08
- Maximum Age (as on 02.08.2015) 29 Years
- Qualification Master Degree in Natural Resource Management / Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering or equivalent from recognized Institute/ University with 55% marks OR Graduate in any Engineering discipline with Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science/ Environmental Management or equivalent from recognized institute / University with 55% marks.
- Essential Post Qualification Experience Should have one year post qualification experience in field of Environment Management, Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) studies, Preparation/ Implementation of Environment Management Plan (EMP), Forest Clearance, Environment Audit etc. Experience in PSU/ Listed company particularly in Power Sector shall be preferred.
- Consolidated Monthly Remuneration 1 st Year : Rs. 30000/- 2 nd Year : Rs. 33000/-
Selection Procedure For Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) – Field Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 02/08/2015
- Selection will involve Interview only, of the eligible and shortlisted candidates. However, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria and / or to conduct a screening test, to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Personal Interview, if so required.
- Screening test, if conducted, shall be for elimination purpose only and will not have any weightage in final merit.
- Screening test, if conducted shall be of 1 hr duration for 75 marks (in two parts. Part-1: 50 questions on relevant discipline and Part-2: 25 questions on Aptitude). There will not be any negative marking. Qualifying marks in screening test for UR category shall be 40% and for reserved category 30%.
- Screening test, if conducted shall be held in North Eastern Region only. Candidates who qualify in test will be shortlisted and called for interview based on their performance in screening test.
- The Offer for Contractual Engagement shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of category wise merit and based on requirement. However the final engagement of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the company’s prescribed standards.
- Applicants should have sound health. No relaxation in POWERGRID Medical Norms is allowed. (Refer to “Health” link on career page of our website for Standards of Medical Fitness)
- The decision of POWERGRID regarding scrutiny of application and shortlisting shall be final and binding.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS :
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that she / he fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement
- The engagement of personnel is purely temporary in nature and on contact basis for a period of 24 months or completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
- The personnel engaged will not be entitled to claim for any regular employment in POWERGRID or any relaxations in case of any recruitment for regular posts in POWERGRID.
- The contractual engagement will automatically be terminated on expiry of 24 months or till completion of extended period or completion of project, whichever is earlier. The engagement will be project / state / region specific.
- The no. of posts notified may vary and operation of panel will depend on requirement. Screening Test result (if conducted) may be used for interview in case of requirement for other consultancy works/projects in NER in near future.
- Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
- Application Fee and bank charges are non-refundable even if the candidature is rejected for any reason.
- Applications in which the essential qualification/ experience cannot be fully ascertained will be liable for rejection. Hence candidates are advised to properly fill the application and provide necessary documents if asked for.
- Applications should be submitted through online mode only. Applications not in conformity with the requirements mentioned above/not in given proforma /incomplete / without application fees (if applicable) will be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard
- Training / Teaching period will not be counted as experience
- Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC – Non creamy layer as on last date of online submission of application to POWERGRID.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- All computations of Age, Qualification, Experience etc., shall be as on 02.08.2015. Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
- If any certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi/English, candidates are advised to submit a certified translation of the same in either Hindi or English language at the time of Interview, if called for.
- Mere submission of Application does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process.
- In case of more than one online registration by same candidate, the application (or registration ID) against which fee is deposited shall only be considered for further scrutiny. Similarly where application fees is not applicable (SC/ST/EX-SM/PwD), the last registered application shall only be considered for further scrutiny.
- Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
- Interview shall be held in NER only. Candidates called for interview shall be reimbursed second class rail/bus fare by shortest route for to & fro journey provided they meet the laid down criteria.
- Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- In case of Screening Test, details of test centre, venue in NER shall be intimated to candidates. Only SC/ST/PwD Candidates shall be reimbursed sleeper class rail/bus fare by shortest route for appearing for screening test, if conducted provided they meet the laid down criteria.
- For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to [email protected] / [email protected] Candidates are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap. Please write “FO (ESM) – <subject matter>” in the subject line of e-mail.
- No correspondence regarding this recruitment made in Complaint Management System of POWERGRID, will be entertained.
- Complaints attributable to the incompatibility of the Client Systems, ignorance of users, nonavailability of internet connectivity or any other aspects beyond the direct control of POWERGRID employees or systems will not be entertained.
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/ selection process or after joining, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or if POWERGRID comes across any evidence/knowledge that the qualification/ experience /and any other particulars indicated in application/other forms/formats are not recognized/ false/ misleading and / or amounts to suppression of information/particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID.
- Legal jurisdiction will be Meghalaya in case of any case/dispute.
- All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically for important updates. Once registered for POWERGRID, all correspondences shall be made through their registered e-mail ID or candidate login only.
- The contractual engagement will be regulated by Company’s rules and administrative orders that may be enforced from time to time during the period of engagement
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID 27.07.2015, (10:00 Hrs)
- Date of commencement of deposit of application fees through bank challan 29.07.2015
- Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID 02.08.2015 (23:59 Hrs)
- Last date for deposit of application fees through bank challan 05.08.2015
- Cutoff date for eligibility criteria 02.08.2015
- Date for Next Announcement on Career page>Job Opportunities Section of our Website 18.08.2015
How To Apply For Field Officer Vacancy in Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID):
- Application window shall be open from 27.07.2015 to 02.08.2015. Interested eligible candidates are advised to log on to www.powergridindia.com -> Career Section ->Job opportunities and apply online.
- Rs.360/- is payable by candidates (other than SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM) towards application fees of Rs. 300/- and bank charges of Rs. 60/- through deposit of SBI Challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
- Candidates should ensure that all important details like name, date of birth, address, qualification, experience and preferred state for engagement etc are duly filled in. On submission of valid application, the system will generate a “Resume” with a registration number, which then has to be downloaded, signed, photograph affixed and retained by the candidate. Similarly 2 copies of POWERGRID-SBI Challan form with details of name of candidate, registration No., Date of Birth and Mobile No. appearing on the same shall also be generated (other than for SC/ST/Ex-SM/PwD candidates). In addition candidates shall also receive an email with details of their Login ID, Password and other information.
- Candidates can deposit the fees at any branch of State Bank of India after two bank working days of generation of challan. On depositing the fees, candidates are required to retain a copy of the challan/ bank receiving for future reference. Fees so deposited shall be nonrefundable under any circumstances including if the candidature is rejected for any reason whatsoever.
- The last date of submission of application fees shall also be indicated on the challan i.e. 05.08.2015.
- CANDIDATES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FORWARD THE HARD COPIES OF APPLICATIONS TO POWERGRID.
- However, candidates should keep the following documents ready with themselves for any future requirement. (Self-attested copies):
a) Copy of online generated resume b) Copy of bank challan showing deposit of application fees (Not applicable for SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM candidates) c) Documents related to Essential Qualification for Graduation and Post Graduation level (Passing Certificate & Mark sheets.) d) Documents related to Other Qualifications (Passing Certificate and Mark sheets) e) Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage. f) Documents related to Experience (Present as well as Previous)
- Experience / Service Certificate: Proof of experience indicating post held, period of service, pay scale/ emoluments & area of experience/ details of work assignment issued by the organization on its letter head. Latest Pay Slip. All proof of experience shall be duly certified by the organization concerned and selfattested by candidate.
- Certificate issued by concerned HR department in case of personnel currently engaged on contractual basis in POWERGRID in consultancy projects. g) Proof of Date of Birth(X class certificate/ Birth Certificate) h) Caste (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) Certificate for claiming Reservation/ Relaxation/concessions (as applicable) i) Discharge Certificate (If applicable) j) Disability Certificate (If applicable) k) Any other relevant document Candidate will have to bring these documents alongwith original for verification at the time of interview, if called for.
- Candidates should submit only single application and application once submitted cannot be altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand corner of the ‘Resume’. These would be required for accessing information through candidate login during the later stage of the recruitment process.
- Once applied, the applicants are advised to check the web site as well as their registered e-mail regularly for any updates.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 02/08/2015
Reference: Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) Recruitment 2015 – Advt. No. NER/02/2015