Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Engineer through recruitment notification – Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. CC/03/2015. Candidates who have completed B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc, MS, B.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Engineer on or before 16/09/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)
Vacancy Name :Engineer
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, M.Sc, MS, B.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy : 35 Posts
Salary : Rs.24,900-50,500/-pm
Job Location : Across India
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 16/09/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID), Across India
Detail Of Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) Engineer Recruitment:
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a Navratna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,17,323 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 196 Sub-stations (as on 30.06.2015) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, Sub-Transmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 17,658 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 5046 Crore (FY: 2014 – 15). POWERGRID invites applications from bright young post graduates in Power Systems for its various functions and for Power System Operation Corporation Ltd. (POSOCO), a wholly owned subsidiary, as per the following details:
- No of Post : 35 Posts
- Basic Pay / Pay scale Rs. 24900 in the scale of Rs. 24900 – 50500 (IDA) in E2A grade of POWERGRID
- Essential Qualification M. Tech./ MS/ ME / M.Sc (Engg)/ IDD (Integrated Dual Degree) in Power System or equivalent . Candidates should have minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in B.Tech/ BE/ BSc(Engg)/ IDD/ AMIE
- Maximum Age 28 years as on 31.05.2015 (Candidates should be born on or after 01.06.1987)
Selection Procedure For Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) – Engineer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 16/09/2015
- The selection process shall consist of Scrutiny of Applications and Personal interview of shortlisted candidates. Applications of candidates shall be scrutinized and shortlisted on the basis of their academic background as mentioned below: Specialisation of technical qualification, their equivalence in respect to our specification and relevance for the job role. Topic/ Subject of the final project for M.Tech Marks obtained by the candidate in the essential qualification “The Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria and/or to conduct a screening test, to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Personal Interview, if so required.” The decision of POWERGRID regarding scrutiny of application and shortlisting shall be final and binding. Shortlisted Candidates will have to qualify in the Interview to be adjudged suitable for empanelment for Appointment. The qualifying marks in interview shall be as given below: UR – 40%, SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD(OH) – 30% Candidates shall have the option for appearing the Personal Interview in Hindi or English
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that she / he fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
- Application Fee and bank charges are non-refundable even if the candidature is rejected for any reason.
- Applications in which the essential qualification cannot be fully ascertained will be liable for rejection. Hence candidates are advised to properly fill the application and provide necessary documents if asked for.
- Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC – Non creamy layer as on last date of online submission of application to POWERGRID.
- Vacancies may vary depending upon the requirement.
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
- Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor‟s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/ institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor‟s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate‟s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- All computations of Age, shall be as on 31.05.2015. Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification.
- If any certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi/English, candidates are advised to submit a certified translation of the same in either Hindi or English language at the time of Interview, if called for.
- Applications that are not in conformity with the requirements indicated in the advertisement, incomplete applications, without application fees as prescribed will be rejected.
- Mere submission of Application does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process. Candidature shall be considered valid only after receipt of completed online application alongwith application fees (deposited through bank challan), if applicable, as indicated in the How To Apply section by the scheduled date.
- In case of more than one online registration by same candidate, the application (or registration ID) against which fee is deposited shall only be considered for further scrutiny. Similarly where application fees is not applicable (SC/ST/EX-SM/PwD), the last registered application shall only be considered for further scrutiny.
- Candidates working in Govt. / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview
- Management reserves the right to consider applicants for placement at a position lower than the advertised post, if suitable candidates are not available for the advertised positions
- Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
- In case of Screening Test, details of test centre, venue shall be intimated to candidates.
- Candidates selected in POWERGRID are liable to be posted anywhere in India and Abroad. 20. For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap. Please write “116- M.Tech Power Systems – <subject matter>” In the subject line of e-mail.
- No correspondence regarding this recruitment made in Complaint Management System of POWERGRID, will be entertained.
- Complaints attributable to the incompatibility of the Client Systems, ignorance of users, nonavailability of internet connectivity or any other aspects beyond the direct control of POWERGRID employees or systems will not be entertained.
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/ selection process or after joining, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or if POWERGRID comes across any evidence/knowledge that the qualification/ experience /and any other particulars indicated in application/other forms/formats are not recognized/ false/ misleading and / or amounts to suppression of information/particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID.
- Legal jurisdiction will be NCT of Delhi in case of any cause / dispute.
- All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically for important updates. Once registered for POWERGRID, all correspondences shall be made through their registered e-mail ID or candidate login only
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID 19.08.2015
- Date of commencement of deposit of application fees through bank challan 22.08.2015
- Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID 16.09.2015
- Last date for deposit of application fees through bank challan 21.09.2015
How To Apply For Engineer Vacancy in Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID):
- Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 19.08.2015 to 16.09.2015. Candidates have to register themselves online at CAREER section of POWERGRID website www.powergridindia.com.
- Rs.460/- is payable by candidates (other than SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM) towards application fees of Rs. 400/- and bank charges of Rs. 60/- through deposit of SBI Challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
- Candidates should ensure the following while filling up the online registration form: Name & Date of Birth are exactly as mentioned in Birth Certificate/ Class X certificate. Qualification Details for B.Tech as well as M.Tech are complete On submission of valid application, the system will generate a “Resume” with a registration number, which then has to be downloaded, signed, photograph affixed and retained by the candidate. Similarly 2 copies of POWERGRID-SBI Challan form with details of name of candidate, registration No., Date of Birth and Mobile No. appearing on the same shall also be generated (other than for SC/ST/Ex-SM/PwD candidates). In addition candidates shall also receive an email with details of their Login ID, Password and other information.
- Candidates can deposit the fees at any branch of State Bank of India after two bank working days of generation of challan. On depositing the fees, candidates are required to retain a copy of the challan/ bank receiving for future reference. Fees so deposited shall be non-refundable under any circumstances including if the candidature is rejected for any reason whatsoever.
- The last date of submission of application fees shall also be indicated on the challan i.e. 21.09.2015.
- Candidates will have to upload a passport size colour photograph (max size 50 kb in JPG format) and signature in blank ink (max size 30kb in JPG format) in the online application form.
- CANDIDATES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FORWARD THE HARD COPIES OF APPLICATIONS TO POWERGRID.
- However, candidates should keep the following documents ready with themselves for any future requirement. (Self-attested copies): a) Copy of online generated resume b) Copy of bank challan showing deposit of application fees (Not applicable for SC/ST/ PwD/Ex-SM candidates) c) Documents related to Essential Qualification for Graduation in Engg. (BE/B.Tech/BSc Engg Degree/IDD/ AMIE : Passing Certificate & Mark sheets.) d) Documents related to Essential Qualification – M. Tech./ MS/ ME/ M. Sc. Engg./ IDD (Passing Certificate and Mark sheets) e) Brief abstracts/ Synopsis of Final Project of M. Tech. f) Mark sheets up to pre-final examination indicating aggregate CGPA / Percentage up to pre-final examination i.r.o. Final year/ semester appearing candidates of AY – 2014-15 of M.Tech/ IDD in case result is still awaited. g) Documents related to Other Qualifications (Passing Certificate and Mark sheets) h) Proof of norms adopted by the University/ Institute to convert CGPA/OGPA/DGPA into percentage. i) Documents related to Experience (Present as well as Previous, if any)
- Experience / Service Certificate: Proof of experience indicating post held, period of service, emoluments & area of experience/ details of research area/ details of work assignment.
- Latest Pay Slip All proof of experience shall be duly certified by the organization concerned and selfattested by candidate.
- Proof of Date of Birth(X class certificate/ Birth Certificate)
- Caste (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) Certificate for claiming Reservation/ Relaxation/concessions (as applicable)
- Discharge Certificate (If applicable)
- Disability Certificate (If applicable)
- Any other relevant document
- Candidate will have to bring these documents alongwith original for verification at the time of interview, if called for.
- Candidates should submit only single application and application once submitted cannot be altered. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand corner of the „Resume‟. These would be required for accessing information during the later stage of the recruitment process.
- Once applied, the applicants are advised to check the web site as well as their registered e -mail regularly for any updates.
- Candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria for above Post ID 116, but have already applied for Post ID 115 under our earlier Advertisement No. CC/02/2015 dtd. 06.05.2015 and whose hardcopy of applications are already received by us (as may be confirmed from respective candidate login) need not apply again. Their applications will automatically be considered for Post ID 116.
Important Dates To Remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 16/09/2015
Reference: Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. CC/03/2015