RailTel Corporation of India Limited invites application for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade – I with Graduate holders
Company name : RailTel Corporation of India Limited
Posts : Stenographer Grade – I
Qualification : Graduate
Salary : Rs.9,120-21,500/-pm
No of Post : 08
Location : Delhi
Last date to apply : 15.12.2014
Details of Post :
RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., a Mini Ratna (Category I) PSU under the administrative control of Ministry of Railways, is the largest Neutral Telecom Infrastructure provider of India with a strong footprint in diverse fields of OFC based SDH and IP networks, Tower Co-location, Retail Broadband (Railwire), Data Centre, Telepresence and many more. With a huge network of Optic Fiber Cable spread across the length and breadth of the country, RailTel endeavours to bridge the digital divide of India. RailTel takes pride in being part of the Govt. of India’s path breaking projects – National Knowledge Network (NKN), National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN) and many other strategic projects.
Stenographer Grade – I:
- No of post : 08
- Essential : i)Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. AND ii)Speed of 80/40 w.p.m. in English Stenography and typing respectively.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Hindi Stenography and typing
- Age limit : Minimum 21 yrs. & Max. 28 yrs.
- Job Description : Handling daily office correspondence work, such as, drafting of office documents, maintenance of confidential files and records, drafting minutes of official meetings, taking dictation, typing, attending to telephone calls/ visitors/ clients, etc.
General Instructions regarding Eligibility Criteria:
- The prescribed educational qualification should be from a recognized university/ deemed university/ autonomous institute incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or UGC Act.
- Crucial date for determining eligibility criteria (age and educational qualification) shall be 15.12.2014
- The name and date of birth in the application form must be the same as recorded in Matriculation/ SSE Certificate or an equivalent certificate.
- Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/OBC /PwD shall be available only for selection against the posts reserved for the respective categories.
- Persons with disability of 40% or more only will be considered for relaxation applicable for persons with Disabilities. Such candidates should furnish attested copy of valid disability certificate with their application.
- Mere fulfillment of eligibility conditions will not entitle an applicant to be called for written test/ interview. If more than adequate number of eligible applications are received, the Corporation reserves the right to shortlist candidates for written/skill test/ interview as per its rules.
- The candidates who qualify for interview after written/skill test will be required to produce all certificates/testimonials in original. Candidates working in Govt.
- Departments/ PSUs, whose applications have not been initially forwarded through proper channel, will also be required to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC), from the concerned department/ PSU. Candidates who fail to submit these documents at the time of interview and/ or are found ineligible shall not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- In case of any doubt regarding interpretation of advertised eligibility criteria and terms and conditions, the decision of RailTel shall be final and binding.
The selection process shall involve 3 stages:
- 1st stage: Written test in pen-paper mode in General English and General Awareness, which will be of qualifying nature, with minimum qualifying marks of 40%. In case, the number of candidates securing the said minimum qualifying marks is more than 20 times the number of vacancies to be filled, the number of candidates to be called for the 2nd stage of selection shall be restricted, on the basis of the 1st stage merit position, to 20 times the number of vacancies.
- 2ndstage: Skill Test in English Stenography and Typing of 100 marks: Stenography test of 5 minutes duration @ 80 w.p.m., to be transcribed in 30 minutes on computer. Maximum mistakes permissible in the Transcription is 5% i.e. 20 mistakes. Minimum qualifying marks in the skill test is 60%. In case the number of candidates who qualify in this skill test is higher than 3 times the number of vacancies to be filled, the number of candidates for interview will be restricted to 3 times the number of vacancies on the basis of 2nd stage merit position.
- 3rd stage: Personal interview of 50 marks. The final merit will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in stage 2 and stage 3 together.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted/transferred to any of Railtel’s offices in CO/Regions at Management’s sole discretion. However, efforts will be made to post selected candidates in the Region to the extent possible, as per the location preference exercised by them in the application format.
- Number and location of posts is liable to change as per administrative requirement.
- Application fee is non-refundable in any circumstances.
- Management reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process at any point of time without any notice.
- Appointment to the post is subject to medical fitness of the candidate, as per rules and standards of the corporation and police/ category (caste) verifications.
- RailTel takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of application or communication.
- Any corrigendum to this notice, further information/ communication regarding applications/ applicants, any other information regarding schedule of written test/ skill test/ interview, notices/ results/ panels shall be posted only on the official website of RailTel Corporation India (www.railtelindia.com). Candidates are advised to keep updating themselves by checking the official website of RailTel frequently.
- In case any ambiguity arises on account of interpretation in versions other then English, the English version will prevail.
- No travelling expenses will be paid to the candidates for appearing in written test/ skill test/ Interview. However, SC/ST/PwD candidates called for interview will be reimbursed an amount equal to 3-tier sleeper class train fare for to and fro journeys on production of journey tickets or actual expenses incurred on journey, whichever is less.
- Application Processing Fee: Candidates are required to remit Application processing fee by demand draft drawn on any public sector bank / scheduled bank in favour of RailTel Corporation of India Limited, payable at Delhi/Gurgaon for Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
How to apply:
- Candidates are required to apply in the prescribed format as annexed duly filling up all the required details. Application correct and complete in all respects should be sent by post to the following address so as to reach RailTel latest by 15.12.2014: Senior Manager (P&A) RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., Plot No.143, Sector 44, Gurgaon-122003 (Haryana)
- The application should be accompanied with the following: i. Two recent self-attested passport size photographs (One to be pasted at the space provided on the application format) ii. Copy of Caste certificate (including non-creamy layer certificate for OBC candidates.) for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates, Disability certificate for PwDs and Armed Forces Service Certificate for ex-servicemen candidates. These certificates, as applicable, should be in the format prescribed by Govt. of India. iii. Copy of testimonials in proof of age, minimum educational qualification prescribed ( mark sheets as well as Degree certificate required) .iv. Application processing fee by way of Demand Draft as prescribed. Name of the candidate and date of birth should be mentioned on the backside of the Demand Draft.
- Name of the post applied for and name of candidate should be super scribed on the envelope containing the application.
- Candidates working in Govt./PSU sectors should apply through proper channel. If not, they will be required to furnish ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their respective Deptt/ PSU at the time of interview.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 15.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From RAILTEL|
10-12-2016 , 11-12-2016