Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Senior Program Leader through recruitment notification – Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Recruitment 2015 – No. RGCB/Advt./2015/1. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Senior Program Leader Job on or before 13.02.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)|
|Vacancy Name||Senior Program Leader|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||13.02.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||RAJIV GANDHI CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY, POOJAPPURA, THYCAUD P.O, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM 695014|
Detail of Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Senior Program Leader Recruitment:
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites applications for a position of Senior Program Leader – BioScience & Sustainable Technology in the Scientific cadre for a period of five years.
- RGCB has set very challenging development goals in large-scale national projects involving the domain of Science & Society. These include documentation of tribal & traditional medicine; Ayurveda based discovery; use of medicinal plants and its conservation as well application of health biotechnology for societal benefit. All these projects are to be implemented at various locations in India using sustainable technology and expertise generated at RGCB.
- In this regard, the main role of a Senior Program Leader – BioScience & Sustainable Technology is to serve as the principal technical and program management lead for strategic implementation of these projects. To achieve these goals in an innovative and cost-efficient manner, this position is needed to:
- Establish, maintain coordination and collaboration among RGCB’s R&D, business development group and other stakeholders.
- Provide focus and direction so that goals are met via innovative technologies/approaches rather than the more conventional end-of-pipe treatment approaches.
- Provide supervision of junior personnel and technologists.
- Develop, identify and transfer technologies and approaches from RGCB to stakeholders.
- Benchmark, collaborate, and engage entities outside of RGCB.
- The Senior Program Leader (BioScience & Sustainable Technology) will have the following duties
- Identify and develop creative and innovative solutions to problems of a conceptual nature, through exploration and synthesis of ideas, concepts, and existing technology
- Responsible for Program or Project Management including establishing project/program objectives as well as program planning, reviews and execution phases
- Initiates and leads substantial projects both technically and commercially; identifies needs and recommends project approaches.
- Collaborates on projects, reaching beyond assigned responsibilities, to assist others as necessary to achieve goals, encourages collaborative relationships within project team or work group
The particular job grade will be dependent on experience level of the incumbent. The two programs to be initiated in the first 24 months of the job include:
This position will be in the scientific cadre of RGCB on a five year contract. The grade at which the person will be placed depends on experience profile. The candidate is not expected to do laboratory research and will be posted in the Institute Development Division of RGCB. Candidates working in the Government sector will have to apply through proper channel and can be considered on deputation.
- PhD in Life Sciences.
- A minimum of ten years documented experience in government service handling grant management, project implementation and man management.
- Previous experience in the management of major Government projects especially in the programs mentioned above.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proven track record in project management.
The upper age limit is 50 years as on 31.01.2015. However, applicants currently in Government service will have age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules.
The particular job grade will be dependent on experience level of the incumbent. In service applicants will be considered as per Govt. of India DoPT guidelines on deputation
|Position||Total monthly pay on entry (Amount in Rupees)|
Selection Procedure for Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) – Senior Program Leader Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 13.02.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Senior Program Leader Vacancy in Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB):
- The Director, RGCB reserves right to not to fill the post advertised.
- Relaxations and concessions will be in accordance with the RGCB Rules and Regulations. Relaxation in age, educational qualifications and/ or experience will be considered in case of outstanding candidates and/ or persons already holding analogous positions in Government Scientific Organisations/ Research Institutions.
- The candidates must be citizens of India.
- Merely fulfilling the requirements in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The applications received will be scrutinized and candidates who in the opinion of the institute are likely to be suitable will be shortlisted for calling for interview. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
- The Screening and Selection Committees will make appropriate decision on research areas and needs of the institute. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
- Persons working under the Central Government/Central Government Autonomous Bodies/State Government and its Autonomous Bodies shall submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application along with enclosures as required. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may submit NOC from their employer at the time of selection interview, if shortlisted. Without this NOC, the applicant will not be allowed to attend the selection interview.
- Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
- Incomplete applications or applications without copies of certificates or applications received after the last date will be rejected.
- Applications on plain paper with a detailed resume/curriculum vitae explaining skills and previous achievements in relation to the position may be sent in confidence by e-mail to [email protected] or as hard copy to the DIRECTOR, RAJIV GANDHI CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY, POOJAPPURA, THYCAUD P.O, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM 695014 on or before February 13, 2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 13.02.2015
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Recruitment 2014 – No. RGCB/Advt./2015/1.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From RGCB|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
20-01-2017 , 21-01-2017