Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Post Doctoral Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Post Doctoral Fellow on or before 05/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Vacancy Name : Post Doctoral Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 05/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Jagathy, Thycaud PO, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala
Detail Of Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment:
We are seeking a highly motivated person with a strong background in cell and molecular biology to be a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Cancer Research Program. The Cancer Research Program at RGCB has entire spectrum of studies from basic biology, pre-clinical models to applied clinical and epidemiological research – all taking a systems biology approach to the complexity of cancer.
- The candidate will lead a research project on the contribution of the epigenome to mediating and stabilizing altered phenotypic states of cancer stem cells. Aims will include investigating the role and mechanism by which the epigenome participates in controlling growth, proliferation and differentiation of cancer stem cells. Special emphasis will be on the role of the epigenome in silencing tumor suppressor miRNAs and up-regulation of target oncogenes as well effects on NOTCH and WNT signaling in regulation of self-renewal, target gene expression and tumor initiation and progression. Based at the new RGCB Bio-Innovation Center, the position will play an active role in the research and development of new and existing assays. The position also represents an excellent opportunity to develop Next Generation Sequencing skills. The candidate will use stem cell assays, in vivo models, in vitro 3D organoid systems next generation sequencing, knockout & transgenic animals and gene-editing technologies for the project.
- Essential Qualifications and Experience Qualified individuals should have a PhD degree in Cancer Biology, Developmental Biology, Cell/Molecular Biology, or related field. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity as evidenced by first author publications in prominent journals. The candidate should be self-motivated and able to work as a team player in a highly interactive and multi-disciplinary research environment. The position requires experience in cellular and molecular biology, such as experimental technology on molecular mechanisms that control malignant transformation, tumor progression and metastasis, experience in knockout and transgenic animals, RNA biology, epigenetics, cancer biology and cancer genomics as well as excellent communication skills, including written and oral communication.
- Essential Technical Skills Requirements Mammalian cell culture, including primary serum-free and stem cell culture Standard cell and molecular biology techniques Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy Flow cytometry, including fluorescence-activated cell sorting
3D spheroid/organotypic culture systems Cell lineage analysis ShRNA/siRNA-mediated gene knockdown
- Desired Technical Skills Requirements Targeted DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, Meth-Seq and whole genome sequencing
Selection Procedure For Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) – Post Doctoral Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Post Doctoral Fellow Vacancy in Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB):
Applications with detailed CV, statement of research skills related to the advertisement and details of publications may be submitted by email to [email protected] or by post to the Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Jagathy, Thycaud PO, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala, India on or before June 5, 2015.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05/06/2015
Other Top Company Openings:
|Staff Selection Commission Bihar|
|Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission|
|Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Odisha Public Service Commission|
|South Eastern Railway|
|Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Industrial Development Bank of India Bank Limited|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited / Visakhapatnam Steel Plant|
|SBI Life Insurance|
|Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank|
09-12-2016 , 10-12-2016