Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Platform Scientist-I & II through recruitment notification – Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed Ph.d, MD can apply for the new recruitment notification from Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Platform Scientist-I & II on or before 17/09/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Vacancy Name : Platform Scientist-I & II
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d, MS/MD
Total No Of Vacancy : 02 Posts
Salary : Rs-65,174-99,984/-pm
Job Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 17/09/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thycaud PO, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695014.
Detail Of Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) Platform Scientist-I & II Recruitment:
- NPRP seeks to identify bioactive compounds with therapeutic and agronomic value. Ayurveda, India’s traditional medicine culture and knowledge inspires this program that investigates compounds from plants, fungi and many other living organisms. Our aim is to develop innovative pharmaceutical products and dietary supplements that may alleviate the public health burden caused by chronic diseases as well as infectious diseases particularly circumvention of drug resistance.
- In addition the program also has keen interest in developing natural products with agronomic importance such as bio-pesticides. NPRP will have the support from RGCB’s excellent infrastructure in genomics, cell & molecular biology, metabolomics, proteomics, chemoinformatics as well as the excellent pilot process plant located at BioNest, RGCB’s third campus at Kochi.
- NPRP will strive to develop validated analytical & separation technology, synthesis of analogs, activity guided fractionation, bioactivity assays using newer cellular assays & animal models, structural characterization of new bio-active compounds, down stream processing and formulation.
- The primary location of work will be at the RGCB’s Innovation Center in Thiruvananthapuram and BioNest Campus at Kochi.
Platform Technology Scientist (Institute Plan Project Position at Cost to Company basis)
- RGCB seeks applications for the position of Platform Technology Scientist from persons with documented expertise in the areas described above.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent in Life Sciences or Chemical Sciences or Pharmaceutical Sciences or a MD in Pharmacology or Biochemistry.
- The scientist will have relevant experience in bio-technology/pharmaceutical development and least 5 years of relevant work experience in natural product development & technology transfer in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- The positions are essentially for product development and managing a service facility and hence are not part of the regular academic research programs of RGCB.
- This will be the primary consideration when reviewing applications.
- The position will be initially for three years and then extendable after appropriate performance evaluation of the person.
- The institute reserves the unconditional right to close the position if the performance evaluation at the third year is below the grade “VERY GOOD”.
Education and Previous Experience
- PhD or equivalent in Life Sciences or Chemical Sciences or Pharmaceutical Sciences or a MD in Pharmacology or Biochemistry and at least 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- An impressive professional track record in discovery and translational applications of natural products.
- Pay and allowances will be in accordance with Government of India guidelines depending on qualifications and previous track record of the selected candidate.
Pay details for Platform Scientist Position (On Institute Plan Project at cost to company basis)
(Amount in Rupees)
|POSITION||BASIC CONSOLIDATED PAY||OTHER ALLOWANCES PER MONTH||TOTAL MONTHLY CONSOLIDATED PAY MONTHLY ON ENTRY||YEARLY INCREASE IN MONTHLY SALARY|
|Platform Scientist 1||26,550||38,624||65,174||5%|
|Platform Scientist II||41,490||58,494||99,984||5%|
Other Allowances include Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. Yearly Increase in salary is calculated as Basic Pay increase by 5% and corresponding increase in Dearness Allowance as per orders issued by the Govt. of India.
Selection Procedure For Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) – Platform Scientist-I & II Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 17/09/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Platform Scientist-I & II Vacancy in Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB):
Applications with resume/curriculum vitae and attested copies of all necessary certificates, experience certificates and other supporting documents may be submitted by email to email@example.com or as a hard copy to the DIRECTOR, RAJIV GANDHI CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY, POOJAPPURA, THYCAUD P.O, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM 695014 on or before September 17, 2015. Applications must have on the envelope, the name of the position applied for.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 17/09/2015