Reserve Bank of India (RBI) invites application for the recruitment of Medical Consultant (On Contract Basis) with MBBS/ MD/ MS holders
Company name : Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Posts : Medical Consultant (On Contract Basis)
Qualification : MBBS/ MD/ MS
Salary : Rs. 450/- per hour
No of Openings : 01
Location : Kolkata
Last date to apply : 24.11.2014
Details of Post :
Medical Consultant (On Contract Basis):
Applicant should be a medical graduate of Indian or Foreign University recognized by the Medical Council of India. Contract will be initially for a period of three years. This term can be extended on such terms and conditions which are mutually agreeable to both the parties. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience in any hospital or as Medical Practitioner and his / her dispensary / residence should be within a radius of 5 Km. from the Bank’s dispensary at Bank’s Main Office Premises, Reserve Bank of India, Annex Building, 13 N S Road, Kolkata 700 001. The remuneration of the Bank’s Medical Consultant (on contract basis) will be fixed with reference to the actual duty hours as given below inclusive of all.
Bank’s Main Office Premises,
11.30 AM to 5.18 PM from Monday to Friday
Rs. 450/- per hour for the first three years of contractual service and Rs. 550/- per hour after completion of three years of contractual service Out of total monthly remuneration a sum of Rs. 1000/- may be treated as conveyance expense.
The Bank reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours at its discretion in case it becomes expedient to suit administrative and operative requirements. Application should be submitted in the attached format only. The application should be sent in a cover super scribed ‘Application for the post of Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration’. The Bank will be conducting an interview for the short listed candidates. Apart from those who may be called for interview, Bank will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates who are not shortlisted for interview. Candidates selected for the post will be appointed subject to their being found medically fit and acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Contract as per Annex – I and Code of Conduct as per Annex – II.
Terms and Condition:
- Engagement of the services of Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration – Terms and Conditions of Contract
- To attend Banks’ dispensary at Annex Building of Bank’s Main Office Premises at 13, N S Road, Kolkata – 700 001 with duty hours from 11.00 am to 5.18 pm on week days (Monday to Friday) excluding Bank holidays except days declared as holidays for purposes of half yearly closing and annual closing subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days. The Bank may use the services of the Medical Consultant at its other dispensaries located at residential colonies on requirement.
- To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff including staff of the Bank on tour, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members/their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during the dispensary timings (duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). You will be available for consultation at your private clinic in urgent cases in respect of employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule. The Schedule of charges applicable to the Staff/Officers of the Bank would be made available on request.
- To provide the facilities referred to in paragraph (2) above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Staff Quarters and facilitate recovery of charges from the employees for credit to the bank’s account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
- To perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever post-graduate or other medical qualifications you may possess / acquire in future. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that the qualifications you hold or acquire in future do not restrict you in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner and as per any stipulations by the Indian Medical Association, the qualification you hold or acquire as the case may be comes into conflict with the Bank’s requirements as indicated above, to work as a general practitioner, you be required to ensure that liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same. Your liability will be that of an independent contractor and not that of an agent of the Bank.
- The duties at the RBI dispensary will also include, apart from other requirements as mentioned above: (i) Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call on you. (ii) Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or in the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside your normal working hours. (iii) Administration of all types of injections – The responsibility for administering all types of injections rests with you for any untoward reaction. As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in your absence is to be discouraged. You will be required to train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the work is heavy. (iv) Handling the important dressings and minor surgeries.
- To visit any member of the Bank’s Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on their health. For such visits you will be paid visit fees as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank.
- To issue certificate in support of leave on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, if you are satisfied about the genuineness of the case.
- To attend the officers and members of their family at their residence when required by them and will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions. The visit fee/consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges should be levied by you for such visits.
- If and when required to do so, you will certify in such form as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state of health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
- To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
- To use your good offices for securing hospital facilities in case the employees of the Bank or their families (for indoor hospitalization under Direct Settlement facility) require such facilities in the hospital.
- To inspect the office premises/Staff Quarters and Officers’ Quarters once a month and report whether they are kept in a sanitary any hygienic condition.
- To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
- To submit an annual report as on the 30th June in the prescribed form on the general health of the staff.
- The remuneration is fixed at Rs.450/- per hour for the period of contract. The fixed remuneration is payable on a monthly basis. Further, no superannuation benefits viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity will be payable. No leave would be admissible. No perquisites/facilities also would be made available. However, if required to attend to the Dispensary on any public holiday, compensation @Rs. 450/- per hour would be paid.
How to apply:
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for preparing a panel to fill up 1 (one) post (reserved for SC) of Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration for the Bank’s dispensary at Bank’s Main Office Premises, Reserve Bank of India, Annex Building, 13 N S Road, Kolkata 700 001 so as to reach the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Main Office Building, Human Resource Management Department, 15, Netaji Subhas Road, Kolkata – 700 001, not later than three weeks from the date of advertisement i.e. on or before November 24, 2014 by 3:00 PM.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 24.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From RBI|
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016