Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Security Guards through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed 10th/ Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Security Guards Job on or before 16.02.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Watch this Video on How to Apply for the Post :
||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
||10TH/ Any Graduate
|Total No of Vacancy
|Last Date to Apply for this job
|Address for the Job Vacancy
||Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource Management Department, Recruitment Section, Central Vista, Sector- 17, Chandigarh-160017
Detail of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Security Guards Recruitment:
Applications are hereby invited from Indian citizens (Male only) who fulfill the eligibility criteria (set below) and are residing in either Punjab or Haryana or Union Territory of Chandigarh for appointment/enlistment in the Wait List to the post of Security Guard in Class‐IV cadre at Reserve Bank of India, Chandigarh-160017.
- Name of the Post : Security Guards
- No of Post : 05
- Qualification : Minimum Std 10th pass. Maximum Undergraduate. Graduate / Degree holders are not eligible to apply. An Ex‐Serviceman having passed Army Special Certificate of Education will be deemed to be a Matriculate. Although matriculate ex-servicemen with 15 years of defence service are considered as ‘Graduates’, they are eligible to apply. The captioned qualification must have been entered in Soldier’s Discharge Book and supported by the necessary zertificate. In the event of any certificate being unavailable, the candidate is advised to get the necessary endorsement made in the Soldier’s Discharge Book. (The Service Test & Examination and the specialist service / courses etc. furnished in the Soldier’s Discharge Book are specialist qualifications and are of no relevance to the Bank). The candidates are advised to produce original certificates/testimonials etc. for examination at the time of interview and under no circumstances laminated certificate/s will be accepted by the Bank. Experience: Only ex-Servicemen with proper military background are eligible. The candidates should have experience of handling of arms and ammunition in the military.
- Age : The lower and upper age limit for the post is 18 and 25 years respectively as on January 01, 2015. However, the upper age limit is relaxable for: (i) SC & ST candidates by 5 years, OBC by 3 years, (ii) Ex-serviceman candidate to the extent of number of years of service in the armed forces plus additional 3 years, subject to maximum upper age limit of 45 years, (iii) Displaced persons from Jammu and Kashmir between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 by 5 years.
- Remuneration : Initial starting pay of ` 6350/- per month, in the scale of `6350-220-7230- 260-8010-300-8910-z00-9710-500-11710-680-13750 (20years)+allowances as admissible from time-to-time. The total emoluments at the starting scale at the time of issue of advertisement works out to be `16, 215/- per month (approximately).
Selection Procedure for Reserve Bank of India (RBI) – Security Guards Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 16.02.2015.
- Selection will be made through written test and/ or interview of eligible candidates. The candidates found suitable will ze placed in the waiting list to be prepared subject to vacancies and reservation requirements.
- Merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidates to be called for written test/interview. The Bank zeserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc., in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test / interview commensurate with the number of vacancies. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final.
How to apply for Security Guards Vacancy in Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Candidates must apply in the prescribed format of application published herewith. Application in any other format is liable to be rejected.
- The format of the application form published herewith should not itself be used as Application. Application may be preferably typewritten/printed or neatly handwritten in Hindi / English (Block/Capital) / Punjabi. A4 sheet (29.7 cm x 21 cm ) should be used for Application.
- Application should be supported by the following documents: Attested copies of all relevant documents/certificates regarding age and educational qualifications. (No originals should be sent with the application). Latest passport size signed photograph (3 cm x 2.5 cm) should be affixed on the right hand top corner of the application. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, attested copy of the relative certificate from the Competent Authority. Attested copies of the discharge certificate/service book issued by the Armed forces.
- The application must be sent by ordinary post only or may be deposited in the box kept at the Reception Counter Reserve Bank of India, Central Vista, Sector- 17, Chandigarh- 160017 on any day between 10.00 am to 04.00 pm on week days except Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays in a cover super scribed “Application for the post of Security Guard”. Applications should be addressed to the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource Management Department, Recruitment Section, Central Vista, Sector- 17, Chandigarh-160017.
- One envelope should contain application of one candidate only.
- No application will be received in person or any acknowledgement given thereof. Applications complete in all respects must reach the Bank’s office on the aforesaid address latest by February 16, 2015.
- Candidate should be a resident within recruitment zone of Punjab, Haryana and Union Territory of Chandigarh
- Date of Birth as recorded in School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate / Certificate of Domicile / Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation will only be accepted as a proof of age.
- Ex-servicemen who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the recruitment zone either before or after leaving military service are eligible.
- Definition of Ex-serviceman: As notified by Government of India is reproduced below for information and benefit of candidates: “Ex-serviceman means a person, who has served in any rank (whether as a combatant or as a non-combatant) in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the para Military forces and who has retired from such service after earning his pension or who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of reduction in establishment or who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, namely (i) pension-holders for continuous embodied service; (ii) person with disability attributable to military service and (iii) Gallantry award winners. ”
- Employees appointed in the Bank on or after January 01, 2012 will be governed by the defined contribution “New Pension Scheme”.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 16.02.2015