Teach For India has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director, Fellowship through recruitment notification – Teach For India Recruitment 2015 . Candidates who have completed Any Bachelors Degree or Any Masters Degree an apply for the new recruitment notification from Teach For India
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Director, Fellowship on or before 07/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Teach For India|
|Vacancy Name||Director, Fellowship|
|Educational Qualification||Any Bachelors Degree or Any Masters Degree|
|Total No Of Vacancy||02|
|Last Date To Apply For This Job||07/05/2015|
|Address For The Job Vacancy||Teach For India, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003|
Detail Of Teach For India Director, Fellowship Recruitment:
- The Opportunity:
- Teach For India is currently impacting over 30,000 children across 6 cities in India through its Fellowship Program while also building a growing community of Alumni who are working towards educational equity through their roles in a diverse range of organizations and sectors across the country.
- This year, nearly 13,500 individuals from the most reputed universities and organizations in the world applied to the 2015 Fellowship, of which just over 600 will finally make their way to classrooms as teachers in under-resourced schools, making this our largest cohort to date and firmly establishing Teach For India as one of the most aspirational and selective youth leadership development programs in the nation.
- Taken together, these numbers represent the immense potential of our model and the power of our broader community – a potential to redefine what’s possible for children from low-income backgrounds and a power that resides in the individual and collective leadership capacities of individuals and groups to catalyze a broader movement for education reform in India.
- The Vision for the Role:
- The Director of Recruitment plays a critical role in unleashing the potential and power of a nationwide movement for educational equity in India. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that Teach For India identifies and invests the most promising future leaders of our country to join the Fellowship to embark on a highly challenging journey of leadership and lifelong impact.
- He/she will do so by setting an ambitious vision for global recruitment and leading a team of highly committed and passionate recruiters to engage a wide range of stakeholders that includes colleges and graduate schools, corporates and non-profits, with the goal of expanding outreach, building partnerships, and raising awareness of the education crisis in India and the role that all citizens can play in solving it.
- The Leadership Challenge: Roles and Responsibilities
- Setting a vision and developing goals and aligned strategies:
- Developing a compelling vision for recruitment, rooted in Teach For India’s current reality
- Defining a clear set of ambitious goals for the overall recruitment and matriculation cycle
- Breaking down the goals into a set of milestones for each phase of the cycle as well as by geographical region
- Defining a set of strategies to achieve the goals
- 2. Managing team operations:
- Capturing and investigating in-depth data and evidence to analyse trends, monitor progress to goals, and adapt and iterate on strategies
- Managing the team budget, allocating resources efficiently and effectively, and defining the annual team calendar and action plan
- 3. Leading and managing a large and diverse team:
- Managing a full-time staff team of approximately 17 individuals, spread across 8 cities
- Overseeing the recruitment and development of several hundred volunteer “Campaign Leaders” based in universities and workplaces across India and the world
- Creating structures and processes that enable efficient and effective execution and collaboration towards goals
- Sourcing and creating professional development opportunities for the team
- Building a strong collaborative team culture that values relationships and results
- 4. Developing a national strategy for marketing, communications and branding:
- Supporting team members to develop and execute a series of national marketing and communications campaigns centred around key themes
- Supporting team members to generate awareness and execute regional branding strategies through various channels such as print and social media, radio, television, and film
- 5. Building partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders:
- Supporting team members to build and maintain relations universities across the country, and internationally, for presentations and information sessions
- Supporting team members to build partnerships with corporate organizations awareness of the Fellowship and potentially for sabbaticals, as well as leads on fundraising and development
- 6. Collaborating with the Leadership Team on vertical-specific goals:
- Working with 7 City Directors to drive regional recruitment and matriculation goals and strategies
- Working with the Selection Director to refine our selection processes and criteria
- Working with the Communications Director to develop a national Communications strategy
- Working with the Technology Director to build the necessary platforms and tools to support the application process as well as enable data-collection
- Working closely with the Development team to cross sell Recruitment and Development
- Values and Mindsets:
- Deep belief in Teach For India’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Belief in the power of collaboration and collective action.
- Growth mindset, with an underlying belief that one’s abilities and competencies can be developed through dedication, hard work and practice.
- Strong goal orientation and laser-like focus on outcomes
- Strong focus on driving excellence and depth in this role
- Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Understanding of Teach For India’s short-term and long-term theory of change
- Understanding of Teach For India’s leadership development philosophy and framework
- Proficiency in analyzing large data-sets and making inferences to drive strategies and decisions
- Excellent project planning and project management skills
- Abilities and Competencies:
- Strategic and critical thinking skills so as to conceptualize multiple approaches to solving a problem and drawing out a clear roadmap with roles and responsibilities
- Relationship-building and influencing skills so as to leverage people and relationships to outcomes
- Communication skills so as to deliver compelling messages through oral and written medium to diverse stakeholders
- People management skills so as to articulate a team vision and manage and coach individuals to consistently superior outcomes
- Operational management skills so as to set up systems and processes to allocate resources efficiently
- Ability to be highly resourceful and entrepreneurial in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to maintain a demanding travel schedule and work long-hours (especially at key milestones in the Recruitment cycle like Recruitment deadlines)
- Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in any field
- 5-6 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience managing large projects and teams to successful outcomes
- Previous experience working in the development/education sector (preferred)
- Salary is competitive at Teach For India and depends on prior experiences.
Selection Procedure For Teach For India- Director, Fellowship Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 07/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Director, Fellowship Vacancy In Teach For India:
Last Date to Apply for this job 07/05/2015
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 07/05/2015
07-12-2016 , 08-12-2016