Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON)has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientist through recruitment notification – Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON)Recruitment 2015 – NO.I/SSB/PERS-V/DEP-IN/2015(112)/4454-4530. Candidates who have completed M.Phil/Ph.D an apply for the new recruitment notification from Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Scientiston or before 18/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON)|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||18/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), Coimbatore|
Detail of Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON) Scientist Recruitment:
- Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), Coimbatore, autonomous research centre funded by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India requires two Scientists.
- Scientist (Conservation Ecology):
- Essential qualification and experience:i) PhD in any branch of life sciences / environmental sciences related to economic ornithology or biological conservation, ii) Five years research experience in field ornithology or conservation related studies. Well versed in analysis and interpretation of ecological data;
- Desirable: Well versed in field ecological studies, data analysis and interpretation with proven achievement in ornithology or biological conservation, data analysis and interpretation, publications in peer reviewed journals;
- Job requirement: Identifying research problems and formulate, guide, coordinate and implement research programme related with conservation ecology, ornithology and on issues related with applied conservation ecology. The responsibility would also include raising funds for the activities of the division, working in multidisciplinary research projects, and developing interdivisional programmes and linkages with other organizations.
- Scientist (Environmental Impact Assessment):
- Qualification and Experience: i) PhD in any branch of life / environmental sciences related with environmental impacts assessment, ecosystems or species and habitat ecology. ii) Five years research experience in environmental impacts assessment, studies on protected areas / habitats, limnology, species and community / habitat ecology.
- Desirable: Experience in EIA and field ecology studies, publications in peer reviewed journals, Capable of analysis of ecological data, risk assessment and environmental predictions.
- Job Requirement: Identifying, developing, guiding, and conducting environmental impact assessments, identifying and developing methods for evaluation of biological resources, raising funds for the activities of the division, and developing interdivisional programmes and linkages with other organizations.
- Age limit: 35 years and below (as on the stipulated last date for receiving applications); Age limit relaxation is available for ST/SC/OBC/Women/PH candidates as per the Govt. of India Rules; scale of pay: (PB-3: Rs 15,600 -39100 + 6600)
Selection Procedure for Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON)- Scientist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 18/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Scientist Vacancy in Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON):
- Salary, allowances and other benefits such as CPF, Medical reimbursement, gratuity and LTC as per the rules of SACON.
- Appointment will be on contract basis for five years and continuance of the same is based on performance.
- Application on plain paper with a biodata in the following format should reach the Director, Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History, Anaikatty Post, Coimbatore – 641 108 (Tamil Nadu) on or before 18th May 2015.
- Date of birth and Age & month/s
- Permanent Address and communication address,
- details of qualifications with grades,
- other qualifications, if any with grade obtained,
- total years of experience in the field concerned,
- positions held with details of pay and responsibilities,
- present position with salary and responsibilities, and
- any other relevant information. Applications not received in the above format are liable to be rejected. Applications sent by email will also be not accepted. Candidate who wants to apply for more than one post, need to send separate application.
- SACON will decide the cut off point for calling the candidates for interview based on the academic qualifications, experience and age.
- Only those who are highly motivated, creative and committed to the cause of nature conservation and prepared to put in strenuous field work need apply
- Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of documents in support of the qualifications and experience claimed.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 18/05/2015
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016