Sardar Patel University (SPU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Teaching Positions through recruitment notification – Sardar Patel University (SPU) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION NO.EST-1 (2015). Candidates who have completed Post Graduate, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Sardar Patel University (SPU).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Teaching Positions Job on or before 1/6/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Sardar Patel University (SPU)
Vacancy Name : Teaching Positions
Educational Qualification : Any Post Graduate, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 42 Post
Salary : NA
Job Location : Vidyanagar
Last Date to Apply for this job : 1/6/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Registrar, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar- 388120
Detail of Sardar Patel University (SPU) Teaching Positions Recruitment:
Registrar, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar – 388120, invites applications in the prescribed form for the Teaching Positions in the following Departments to be filled up in accordance with the approval of the Govt. of Gujarat Education Deptt.’s letter No.SPU/1312/1672/kh dated 30/03/2015.
|Post||No of post||Qualification|
|Professor||4||(A) Professor : A (i) An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers. (ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level. (iii) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process. (iv) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the UGC Regulations of 2010 in Appendix III and revised in Gazette of Govt. of India Dated 24/07/2013. OR B. An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.|
|Associate Professor||18||(i) Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines. (ii) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed). (iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers. (iv) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students. (v) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the UGC Regulations of 2010 in Appendix III and revised in Gazette of Govt. of India Dated 24/07/2013.|
|Assistant Professor||30||(i) Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. (ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. (iii) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) above candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. (iv) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.|
Selection Procedure for Sardar Patel University (SPU) – Teaching Positions Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 1/6/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Teaching Positions Vacancy in Sardar Patel University (SPU) :
- Candidates should send their applications neatly typed in prescribed form using Microsoft Word Arial Unicode fonts of size 11 in TWELVE COPIES, each with self-attested copies of certificate in support of their qualifications, experience, age, publication and all other claims made by them in a proper sequence of enclosures with numbering.
- The word format for the application may be obtained from the Sardar Patel University Website www.spuvvn.edu/careers
- Not a single column should be left unfilled. Instead NIL/ Not Applicable should be mentioned.
- If the space provided in application form is insufficient, increase the rows/column of the respective item. In all cases, the information sought be provided in the table provided.
- Applicant shall submit the application in person or by post in the prescribed form together with all enclosures in envelope superscribed “Application for the post of “_______” in the P.G. Department of “________” so as to reach the Registrar, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar- 388120 on or before 01/June/2015, Application received after the due date will be liable to be disregarded. The University will not be responsible for postal delay, if any.
- Applicants who are in service should apply through their present employers. Direct application will not be considered. However such a candidate can send in advance, one copy of dully filled in application form without any enclosure. so as to reach before the deadline. Such an application will be deemed in time, provided the application through proper channel is received within one week after last date. Persons employed after making application in response to this advertisement should bring “NO OBJECTION” certificate at the time of interview from their employers.
- S.E.B.C. candidate should furnish the Current financial year’s “Non-Creamy-layer certificate” of their parents in the prescribed Performa along with his/her application form, failing which the candidate will not be entitled to get the benefit of reserved category. The reservation of posts shown above is for the candidate of Gujarat State origin only, therefore other candidates need not apply against these posts.
- A candidate who provides incorrect or false information or suppresses information will be disqualified and, if appointed, will be liable to be dismissed.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should submit a separate application for each of the posts with enclosures.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
- Any change in address mentioned in the application form should be communicated to the Registrar, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar immediately.
- Incomplete application or on plain paper will not be considered.
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the prescribed qualifications. No inquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- Candidates called for interview shall have to appear for interview at their own cost.
- Direct or indirect canvassing will be a disqualification.
- The University reserves the right to fill in or to postpone the decision to fill in or not to fill in these posts.
- The appointment of the candidate shall be subject to the conditions of service rules for the University employees as may be amended from time to time.
- Any additional qualifications, experience, number of papers published, honours and other achievements gained by the candidate during the period between the last date of application and the date of conducting the interview shall not be taken into consideration.
- To arrive appropriate API the evidences towards the following claims must be provided in enclosure in the same order of the claim made. (a) Photocopy of research paper form which nature of journal (National/ International etc) can be decided. (b) Appropriate evidence of impact factor of the journal during the period of publication of your paper/article. (c) Certificate of Conference/ WS/ Seminar/ Course/ Program mentioning clearly paper presentation/ invited talk and its nature (National, International etc) (d) Photocopy of first few pages of Conference proceedings / book/ chapters in book showing clearly ISBN/ Authors/ Publishers/ Year of Publication place of conference level of conference and other essential data. (e) Photocopy of sanction letter of project showing funding/ sponsoring/ sanctioning agency, amount, period, duration, completion, year wise bifurcation of amount (if any), PI, co investigator and completion report in case of completed project.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 1/6/2015
Sardar Patel University (SPU) Recruitment 2014 – NOTIFICATION NO.EST-1 (2015).
26-10-2016 , 27-10-2016