Shipping Corporation of India Limited (SCIL) invites online application for the recruitment of Trainee Marine Engineer for BE/B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) holders
Company name : Shipping Corporation of India Limited (SCIL)
Posts : Trainee Marine Engineer
Qualification : BE/B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)
Salary : Rs.25000/- p.m
No of Openings : NA
Location : Mumbai
Last date to apply : 25 Aug 2014
Details of Post :
Trainee Marine Engineer
As a National Carrier and the country’s premier shipping line, The Shipping Corporation of India owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business; servicing both national and international trades.
In view of the demand from Indian trade, SCI has diversified into a large number of areas. Today, SCI is the only Indian shipping Company operating Tankers, Product Carriers,International container services, Liquid/dry bulk services, LPG & LNG, Offshore services, Passenger services. In addition, SCI mans and manages a large number of vessels on behalf of various government departments and organizations.
- QUALIFICATION:Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B,TECH in Mechanical Engineering/ Mechanical & Automation Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College. Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable. Final year / semester students who have appeared for in the exam and expect their results by date 30.08.2014 are also eligible to apply. Candidates must be in possession of valid degree in engineering certificate with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview. However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at XIIth class.
- AGE LIMIT: Maximum 28 years as on 1st Jan 2015 (Date of commencement of training). Candidatesbelonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.01.1987. Relaxations applicable toSC/ST candidates as per existing Govt. directives. Candidate belonging to SC/ST category must be born on or after 01.01.1982. Age relaxation of two years for women candidates.
- MEDICAL STANDARD: Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000/MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Standard as mentioned below;1. Height: Minimum 157 cms. Reduction in height for the candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with Govt. guidelines.2. Weight: Proportionate to height and age.3. Hearing: Normal.4. Visual Standard: 6/6 (Normal Eye) and 6/9, 6/12 (With Spectacles). Defective colour vision (Colour Blindness) NOT accepted.Note: Medical fitness check will be done through SCI empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above standard. Candidates not meeting the above standard should not apply. Pre sea medical examination fees shall be borne by candidates.
SELECTION CRITERIA:Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India on line test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the on line test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3. (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC & OBC Minority in view. The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for on line test also.
TRAINING AND COURSE FEES: After final short listing, the eligible candidate has to undergo shore based training for 12 monthsat MERI MUMBAI/METI KOCHI. The fee for training is approximately Rs. 3, 00,000 (Approx. Rs. Three lakhs only). Candidate to pay this fee directly to the training institute. Fees once paid is not refundable at any stage either in full or part.
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION: The on-line examination shall be of two (02) hours duration, which will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). The on-line examination will focus on MCQ’s on Quantitative Aptitude test, Professional Knowledge test, English Language test and Reasoning Ability test.The questions of the test will be bilingual (English and Hindi). Candidate MUST PASS in each of the objective tests to qualify for personnel interview. The passing Marks in each test will be decided on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates in each test.
TEST CENTRE: The on-line examination will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai only. Candidates will have to choose a test centre, nearest from their home town and the same cannot be changed after the form is submitted online. However, The Shipping Corporation of India reserves the right to cancel or add any test centre or change the centre chosen by the candidate.
JOB PROSPECTS:After completion of pre sea training and obtaining MEO CLASS-IV PART “A” certificates of competency , the candidates will join as Trainee Marine Engineer in ship owned or operated by SCI and may be employed as per INSA-MUI Agreement after reporting with MEO CLASS-IV PART “B” certificate. After obtaining necessary sea experience and higher certificates of competence the candidate can rise to the rank of Chief Engineer officer on the ship.
THE SELECTION OF CANDIDATE IS ONLY FOR ONE TIME SHIPBOARD TRAINING AND THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA DOES NOT HAVE OBLIGATION OR DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY FURTHER EMPLOYMENT OR EXTENSION OF SHIP BOARD TRAINING.
APPLICATION FEES: Rs.1000/- for General (UR) and OBC candidates and Rs.500/- for SC & ST candidates, excluding NEFT bank charges. Before filling application form on-line candidates must Deposit the application fees.National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) and obtain UTR number from respective bank immediately after fees deposited.
INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:List of candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on SCI’s website(www.shipindia.com/careers/fleet-personnel) and they will be intimated about the time and venue by email. Similarly, the final list of selected candidates before Medical examination will be published on the website only and will be intimated about the joining date and other formalities.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications will be accepted online only from 31.07.2014 to 25.08.2014.Candidates have to log on to www.shipindia.com for the important instructions for filling the online application are:-
- Eligible candidates have to apply online only. It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication. All future communications and correspondence will be through emails and our official website only.
- Before filling application on-line, candidates must deposit application fees in the prescribed bank and obtain NEFT UTR NUMBER from the respective bank. The details like amount of fees deposited, NEFT UTR number, Bank Name, Branch and Date of deposit needs to be entered in the application Form.
- Detailed instructions for filling the application form will be given under the “General Instructions”. Candidates should read all instructions before filling application form carefully.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
On saving on-line application with registration number, candidate has to download the printout of application form. Candidates are required, to paste a recent passport size photo in the space indicated, put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form along with SSC/HSC Passing Certificate for birth proof, All semester mark sheets, Degree Certificate, Caste certificate, Caste Validity Certificate . The application form with all attached documents must be sent by Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be accepted) to the following address super scribing the envelope as:
“Application for TRAINEE MARINE ENGINEER”and addressed to:
Senior Vice President,
Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor.
The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd,
Shipping House,245, Madame Cama Road, Nariman point,
Mumbai-400 021, Maharashtra, India, on or before 01.09.2014 by 17:00hrs.
Important dates to remember :
- Date of commencement of On-line application on website 31st July 2014 from 10.00 hrs.
- Last date of submission of the on-line application by the candidates 25th Aug 2014 up to 17.00 hrs
- Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the application sheet 01st Sept 2014 up to 17.00hrs
- Date of on-line examination 07th Sept 2014 11.00 hrs
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From SCIL|