South Asian University (SAU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor & More Vacancies through recruitment notification – South Asian University (SAU) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. 2/2015. Candidates who have completed Master Degree, Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from South Asian University (SAU).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Job on or before June 15, 2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : South Asian University (SAU)
Vacancy Name : Assistant Professor & More Vacancies
Educational Qualification : MS, M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No of Vacancy : 10 Post
Salary : Rs.15,000-40,000/- p.m
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : June 15, 2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : President, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan Campus, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
Detail of South Asian University (SAU) Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Recruitment:
Those who have applied in response to Advt. No. 1/2014 by submitting the hard copy of application and paid the prescribed application fee need not to apply again. Their applications will be considered as per eligibility conditions etc. of the current advertisement. They may however like to send their updated CV. Only hard copies of applications will be considered.
|Post||No of post||Qualification|
Salary, Benefits and Incentives :
- Salary package being offered by SAU is highly attractive, compared to what faculty members are offered in Central or State Universities in India. The annual basic salary range at SAU is US$ 30,000 to 40,000 for the position of Professor, US$ 20,000 to 30,000 for Associate Professor, and US$ 15,000 to 20,000 for Assistant Professor. Selected candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria of qualifications and experience will be offered a basic salary in the beginning of the pay range. Higher starting basic salary may be offered to candidates with significantly greater experience than the minimum required for the position.
- Allowances : To the basic salary will be added a dearness allowance (currently 86% of the basic salary, revised twice every year), House rent allowance (25% of the basic) and contribution to pension fund (10% of the basic salary) as per rules.
- Annual increment : A 3% annual increment in basic salary will be provided.
- Tax exemption : Salary and allowances of faculty members of SAU are exempt from Indian income tax.
- Professional Development Allowance (PDA): The University provides a sum of US $ 2000 per year to all faculty members as “Professional Development Allowance”. These funds may be used for buying books, research material and professional travel to attend conferences, seminars, workshops and field work.
- Start-up funds : For faculty members whose research-work depends upon the availability of substantial research funds, there is a provision of a start-up research grant for up to first three years, as a stop-gap measure for the period in which they shall be required to apply for their own research grants from national and international granting agencies.
- Health coverage : The University offers health benefit schemes as per SAU Rules/ Regulations.
- Relocation allowance : Newly appointed faculty members are entitled to a relocation allowance for travel to Delhi along with their family members, and for covering the cost of transporting household goods and luggage as per SAU Regulations. The allowance (upper limit of one month’s basic salary) will be payable upon submission of receipts of actual expenses on travel and transportation of household goods.
- Carry home salaries : Salaries are paid in Indian Rupees. On the minimum of the salary ranges mentioned above, the salary of a Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor would be approximately INR 3,23,000 INR 2,15,000 and INR 1,61,000 per month, respectively (inclusive of basic salary, DA and HRA but exclusive of Pension Fund Contribution) at the current dollar exchange rate of US$ 61.25. As mentioned above salaries and allowances areexempt from Indian Income Tax.
- At the time of initial recruitment at all entry levels, the faculty member will be offered a contract appointment for five years. At the end of the contract period, the academic performance, in addition to contribution to University corporate life, of the faculty member will be evaluated. A favorable assessment will result in regularization of the services of the faculty member.
- Please read the instructions and general conditions before preparing and submitting the application form.
- The application form is a MS word document that may be filled on computer and printed out for signing and submission.
- Application Fee: A fee of US$ 20 or Indian Rs.1200/- for each application, is payable in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favor of “South Asian University”, New Delhi. The applicant must write his/her name and post applied for, on the reverse side of the bank draft and enclose the bank draft with application form. Candidates can alternatively deposit the prescribed fee in the University’s Account in State Bank of India (Account no. 30796569318, Branch Code: 01624, Swift Code: SBININBB548, IFSC Code: SBIN0001624, State Bank of India, Old JNU Campus, New Delhi-110067) and clearly mention the details of remittance on application from.
- In career history, please fill only those positions that were held for at least 6 months.
- On the Publications page, please include those, and only those, research publications that were peer-reviewed. Please do not include abstracts, and articles submitted or under preparation. Magazine and newspaper articles should not be included.
- Under “honors, awards and distinctions”, please include only significant national and international recognitions. These would include Elected Fellowships of Prestigious Professional Academies, competitive scholarships, medals, orations, invited memberships to prestigious bodies, and consultancies. Please do not include paid memberships of professional bodies and memberships of internal bodies of the institution where you are working or are employed.
- Please note that the candidates who are currently employed will have to submit a no-objection certificate from their current employer. This no-objection certificate may be submitted along with the application form itself or at the latest, presented at the time of interview. This certificate is to ensure that selected candidates will be relieved from their current positions without undue delay.
- Candidates, who wish to apply for more than one position, should fill up and send a separate application form for each position.
Selection Procedure for South Asian University (SAU) – Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before June 15, 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Assistant Professor & More Vacancies Vacancy in South Asian University (SAU) :
- Please note the following general conditions about the selection process for faculty positions. The University reserves the right :
- to fix criteria for screening the applications so as to reduce the number of candidates to be called for interview;
- to consider candidates who may not have applied formally for a position;
- to offer the post at a level lower than that advertised, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidates in the interview;
- to draw reserve panel(s) against the possible vacancies in the future;
- to relax any of the desirable qualifications/experience/age at its discretion; not to fill up any or all the advertised posts;
- to modify/change the qualification/age limit and experience criteria for any position – even after publication of this advertisement;
- to emphasize that the prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum ones and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called
- for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, the University at its discretion may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of qualifications/experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement;
- to disqualify any candidate who indulges in canvassing of any kind;.
- to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate, in case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage before or after the issue of letter of appointment.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job June 15, 2015
South Asian University (SAU) Recruitment 2014 – ADVERTISEMENT NO. 2/2015.
23-02-2017 , 24-02-2017