South Western Railway has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Act Apprentice through recruitment notification – South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 – L/P.924/Act-App/Vol.XXX/2015 Date.25.03.2015. Candidates who have completed 10th, 12th, ITI can apply for the new recruitment notification from South Western Railway
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Act Apprentice Job on or before 24.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||South Western Railway|
|Vacancy Name||Act Apprentice|
|Educational Qualification||12TH, 10TH, ITI|
|Total No of Vacancy||338 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||24.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY Chief Workshop Manager’s Office, Carriage Repair Workshop Personnel Branch, Hubli Workshop, Karnataka|
Detail of South Western Railway Act Apprentice Recruitment:
The serving regular employees of Divisions/Units/Workshops/Headquarters of South Western Railway and Rail Wheel Factory/Yelahanka (RWF/YNK), irrespective of the cadre in which they are working may register their applications for GDCE ONLINE within the stipulated date and time as per the instructions given below. Breakup of the vacancies and the medical classification/educational qualification are indicated below:
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Age|
|Act Apprentice||338||Matriculation (Matriculate or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system) and I.T.I. certificate affiliated to NCVT/SCVT is compulsory in relevant trade.||Candidate should have completed 15 Years of age and should not to have completed 24 years of age as on 24.04.2015.|
Eligibility for Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen: (a) Out of 338 slots 3% of total number (i.e 10 slots) of Apprentices to be trained are reserved for Physically Handicapped persons under the following physical standards as per the provisions of Schedule-II of Apprenticeship manual and Railway Board’s letter No.E(MPP)2003/6/14 dated 09.12.2003. (b) Standards of fitness for the Physically challenged candidates:- Only Loco motor or Cerebral palsy (OH) who suffers from not less than 40% of relevant disability and Hearing Handicapped having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply. Sl. No. Trade No. of Slots Revised Slots Training period as per Apprentic e Act-1961 Reservation break-up UR SC ST OBC Total Workshop Quota/UBLS 1. Fitter 203 176 One year 89 26 13 48 176 2. Machinist 15 15 One year 08 02 01 04 15 3. Turner 20 20 One year 10 03 02 05 20 4. Welder 96 87 One year 44 13 07 23 87 5. Electrician 28 25 One year 13 03 02 07 25 6. Ref A/C Mechanic 17 15 One year 08 02 01 04 15 Total 379 338 172 49 26 91 338 Note: There are 41 candidates having SCVT certificates as 27 in Fitter, 09 in Welder, 03 in Electrician and 02 in Ref A/C Mech who are undergoing for 02 years apprenticeship training hence, the notification is for 338 candidates duly deducting 41 slots out of allotted slots. 2 (c) (i) For Loco motor or Cerebral palsy (OH):- 1) Fitter:- Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join. 2) Turner: – Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join. 3) Machinist: – Only small finger damaged can join. 4) Welder :- A person without leg and without three finger of one hand can be accommodated 5) Electrician: – Partially lower limb candidates can be accommodated. (ii) Low vision:- “Person with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive corrections but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device. (d) A physically handicapped person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a competent authority ( i.e. Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or State Government ). (Authority RBE No.213/03 dated 09.12.2003 issued under CPO/SWR Serial Circular No.230/2003 dated 31.12.2003/22.01.2004). Otherthan above mentoined Physically Handicapped candidates should not apply and they will be rejected at any point of engagement. (e) Out of 338 slots 3% of total number (i.e 10 slots) of Apprentices to be trained are reserved for Ex-Servicemen, their children and Children of Armed Forces Personnel as per Railway Board instructions vide RBE No. 101/2006. (f) The candidates who wants to avail the benefit of reservation in Ex-Servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel they must submit Discharge Certificate and in case of children of Ex-Servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel they must submit discharge certificate of his/her parents.
Training period & rate of stipend: The candidates possesing 10th+ ITI in SCVT are required to undergo apprenticeship training for 02 Yrs (for other trades) and 01 ½ Years (for Welder trade) and candidates possesing 10th + ITI in NCVT will undergo one year Apprenticeship training (Authority: RDH/STAT/POL.MATT/02/2004/770 dated 03.08.2012) and same is as under.
Selection Procedure for South Western Railway – Ticket Examiner Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 24.04.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Ticket Examiner Vacancy in South Western Railway:
- The applications in the prescribed proforma should be filled in the relevant columns with ball point pen in foolscap paper. The application should be accompanied with two self addressed covers- size 11” x 5” duly affixing Rs.5/- postal stamp on each cover (SC/ST and PH candidates are exempted from affixing postal stamps).
- Two recent passport size colour photographs with clear front view of candidate without cap,scarf and sunglasses should accompany the application duly signed across by candidate.
- All Certificates i.e.. Birth Certificate, Educational / Technical qualification, Caste Certificate etc should be self attested.
- The applicants will have to register with a local employment exchange falling in the states of Karnataka and the adjoining districts of states served by the South Western Railway i.e Tamil Nadu (districts namely Dharmapuri,Salem,Vellore), Andhra Pradesh (districts namely Ananthapur, Chittoor), Maharashtra (district namely Sangli) and Goa (As per CPO/SWR letter No.SWR/P.563/Act App/Vol.6 dated 25.09.2012).
- However for wards of Railway employees such registration with local employment exchange will not be required ( As per CPO/SWR letter No.SWR/P.563/Act App/Vol.6 dated 25.09.2012) and there should be clear indication in application & on envelope that the candidate is ward of Railway employee, as a proof candidate must enclose SERVICE CERTIFICATE/DECLARATION from the Railway employee should be attached by the Gazetted Officer of the concerned unit . 8. Where to submit the applications: The applications filled in all respects can either be dropped in the Box kept in the Welfare Section of the Office of the Workshop Personnel Officer, Carriage Repair Workshop, South Western Railway, Gadag Road, Hubli-58 020 (KARNATAKA), on all the working days i.e. from Monday to Saturday between 10.00 to 17.00 Hrs. or send by ORDINARY POST only to the above said address duly superscribing on the Cover as “Application for engagement as Act-Apprentices (Ex-ITI) in Hubli Workshop -20, Training Notification No. 01/2015. Applications received through RPAD/Courier will not be entertained and summarily rejected.
- Last date of application: The last date for submission of application is 24.04.2015 at 17.00 Hrs. Applications received after the due date is liable to be rejected.
- THE CANDIDATES WHOSE SSLC/ITI RESULTS ARE AWAITED AS ON THE DATE OF NOTIFICATION ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR APPLICATION.
- The candidates failed in ITI should not apply, in case any failed candidate engaged un-noticed then he/she will be terminated from training without any further notice.
- The Candidates attending this office for verification will not be given any TA/DA.
- No Hostel facility will be provided and the selected candidates should make their own arrangements for stay during their training.
- THERE IS NO JOB ASSURANCE IN RAILWAYS TO AN APPRENTICE WHO COMPLETES THE APPRENTICE SHIP SUCCESSFULLY AS PER RULE 8 OF APPRENTICESHIP RULE, 1961 .
- The candidates shall have to execute a contract of Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act – 1961 and if such candidate is minor his Guardian can execute the prescribed contract.
- The candidates undergoing training should deposit their original SSLC/10th marks card with this office until the completion of their training so that candidates should not leave training in between.
- The caste certificate should be in central format and category agianst which candidate is applying must note that the sub-caste should appear in central gazzette of India otherwise application will be rejected.
- The applications except the wards of Railway employees have to be registered with local employment exchange falling in districts of Karnataka and adjoining districts of states served by S.W.Railway i.e Tamil Nadu (districts namely Dharmapuri,Salem,Vellore), Andhra Pradesh (districts namely Ananthapur, Chittoor), Maharashtra (district namely Sangli) and Goa (With upto date renewal). However, applications not registered with local employment exchange will be rejected (As per CPO/SWR/UBL letter No.SWR/P.569/Apprentice/Vol.VI dated 25.09.2012).
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 24.04.2015
South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 – L/P.924/Act-App/Vol.XXX/2015 Date.25.03.2015
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016