South Western Railway (SWR) invites application for the recruitment of Cultural Quota with Matriculation (10/ +2) holders
Company name :South Western Railway (SWR)
Posts :Cultural Quota
Qualification : Matriculation (10/ +2)
Salary : NA
No of Post : 02
Last date to apply : 01/12/2014.
Details of Post :
South Western Railway (SWR) Personnel Branch/ Headquarters / Hubli-580020 invites applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for the post of Group ‘C’ against Cultural Quota in various disciplines for the year 2014-15. The Last date for receipt of application is 1st December 2014.
Discipline, No of Posts :
- Hindustani Classical Vocal 01
- Classical Instrumental-Violin (Camatic Music) 01
Age Limit (As on 01/01/2015): UR – 18 to 30 Years; OBC – 18-33 Years; SC/ST – 18-35 Years
Passed Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. Minimum percentage of 50 % marks in aggregate is not applicable to SC’ST/PWD candidates and to those candidates who possess qualifications higher than matriculation such as HSC /Intermediate/Graduation/Post Graduation.
- Hindustani Classical Vocal -> Possession of Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Hindustani Classical Vocal from any Govt, recognized University/Deemed University/Institute OR equivalent degree/diploma /certificate from recognized education Board.
- Classical Instrumental – Violin (Carnatlc Music) -> Possession of Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate in Classical Instrumental-Violin (Camatic Music) from any Govt, recognized university/Deemed university /Institute OR equivalent degree/diploma/certificate from recognized Education Board.
- Experience in the field and performance given in AIR/Doordarshan etc.
- Prizes won at National level.
The recruitment process will be on the basis of written test followed by assessment of talent in the relevant field. The candidates whose applications are found eligible in all respects will be called for written test and the candidates who qualify in the written test will be allowed for practical demonstration. [Total – 100 marks]
- Written Test – 50 marks (The written test will consist of objective type of questions, which will be on general English, Arithmetic & General Knowledge with special emphasis on topics related to music, dance, drama etc.)
- Assessment of talent in the relevant field on
- The basis of practical demonstration – 35 marks
- Testimonials/Prizes etc. – 15 marks
Rs. 100/-. The examination fee should be paid in the form of Indian Postal Order only from any Post office drawn in favour of FA & CAO, South Western Railway, Hubli and payable at Hubli. SC/ST, Ex-Servicemen, Women, Persons with disabilities (PWD), Minority candidates and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of examination fees.
How To Apply:
Application on the prescribed format (A-4 size good quality paper). Completed applications in all respect should be sent in a cover super scribed as “Application for Group ‘C’ post against Cultural Quota for the year 2014-15” and to be addressed to “Assistant Personnel Officer / HQ, Personnel Department, South Western Railway Head Quarters, New Zonal Office Building, Gadag Road, Hubli-580020.” on or before 01/12/2014. For candidates residing in Assam. Meghalaya. Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland.Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spriti districts and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh. Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and the candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by post will be 16/12/2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 01/12/2014.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From SWR|
26-10-2016 , 27-10-2016