Staff Selection Commission invites online application for the recruitment of Data Entry Operators/Lower Divisional Clerk for 12th
Standard Pass holders
Company name : Staff Selection Commission
Posts :Data Entry Operators/Lower Divisional Clerk
Qualification : 12th Standard Pass
Salary : Rs. 1900-2400/- p.m
No of Openings : 1997
Location : Across India
Last date to apply : 19.08.2014
Details of Post :
Data Entry Operators/Lower Divisional Clerk
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- Staff Selection Commission will hold on Sundays, the 2ndNovember,2014 and 9thNovember,2014 ( 02.11.2014 & 09.11.2014), an All India Open Competitive Examination for recruitment to the Group-“C” posts of Data Entry Operator in Pay Band-1, Grade Pay Rs. 2400 and Lower Division Clerk in Pay Band-1, Grade Pay Rs.1900 in various Central Government Ministries / Departments / Offices. Minimum education qualification for the exam is 12thStandard Pass from recognized board/university. The exam will comprise of a written objective type Examination followed by Data Entry Skill Test/Typing Test.
- The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Skill Test. At the time of scrutiny if any claim in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled. The Commission’s decision shall be final.
- BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE AND ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION( http://ssc.nic.in) CAREFULLY.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC /PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim at the time of Skill Test. Copies of the certificate, etc. will be sought at the time of Skill Test.
- Candidates with visual disability of 40% or more only would be considered as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED (VH) for availing reservation for VH, wherever, such reservation is applicable.
- Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should be in possession of a certificate in the prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should be not less than three years in the immediate period preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Central Government civilian employees from the Date of application till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
- FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY(Rs 100.00) payable through CRF stamps for Off line application or SBI Challan or Online payment through SBI payment portal in the case of Online application. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per Government orders.
- CLOSING DATE: 19.08.2014 (upto 5:00 P.M.). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 26.08.2014(upto 5:00 P.M.). APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL BE REJECTED and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. COMMISSION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTAL DELAY.
- Only a single application will be entertained. IN CASE OF MULTIPLE ONLINE APPLICATIONS, THE LAST COMBLETED APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED. IN THE CASE OF MULTIPLE OFF-LINE APPLICATIONS, THE CONCERNED REGIONAL OFFICE WILL ACCEPT ANY ONE OF THE APPLICATIONS AT ITS DISCRETION. 10. MOBILES INCLUDING EARPHONES AND CONNECTED CORDS AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES. POSSESSION OF SUCH EQUIPMENT WHETHER IN USE OR IN SWITCHED OFF MODE, DURING THE EXAMINATION WILL BE CONSIDERED AS USE OF UNFAIR MEANS. CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE CANCELLED. THEY WILL BE LIABLE FOR FURTHER ACTION INCLUDING INITIATION OF CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AND DEBARMENT FROM COMMISSION‟S EXAMINATION UPTO 3 (THREE) YEARS.
- THE COMMISSION ENCOURAGES CANDIDATES TO APPLY ON-LINE. SUBMISSION OF „ON-LINE‟ APPLICATION AVOID DATA DISCREPANCIES. NON/WRONG DELIVERY OF ADMIT CARDS etc. AS ADMIT CARD CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION. CANDIDATES DESIROUS OF SUBMITTING ON LINE APPLICATIONS MAY DO SO. SUCH CANDIDATES SHOULD RETAIN THEIR REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ON LINE FOR CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY SHOULD NOT SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION. THE FACILITY OF ON-LINE APPLICATION REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT WEBSITE http://ssc.online.nic.in and http://ssconline2.gov.in. upto 19.08.2014 (5:00PM)PAYMENT THROUGH OFFLINE CHALLANS CAN BE MADE UPTO 21.08.2014.
- Candidates must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original such as Driving Licence, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Identity Card issued by University/College, Income Tax Pan Card etc to the examination centre, failing which THEY SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR IN THE EXAMINATION.
- In case the scanned photograph(s) appearing in the Commission’s copy of Admission certificate and/ or on Attendance sheet is not clear invigilators are required to verify the identity of the candidate with reference to the photo ID Proof and get colour photographs pasted on the Commission’s copy of Admission certificate and/ or on Attendance sheet. Accordingly candidates should bring 3 passport size colour photographs. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
VACANCIES / RESERVATION :
- Tentative vacancies for the post of Data Entry Operators and Lower Divisional Clerk are 1006 and 991 respectively. .
- PREFERENCE FOR MINISTRY/DEPARTMENT/OFFICE WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE CANDIDATES QUALIFIED FOR SKILL TEST/TYPING TEST AT THE TIME OF SKILL TEST/TYPING TEST.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
- One Arm Affected (OA), One Leg Affected (OL), One arm and one leg affected (OAL), Both Leg Affected (BL),Hearing Handicapped (HH) and Low Vision (LV) are eligible for the post of Data Entry Operator.
- One Arm Affected (OA), Both Legs Affected (BL), One Leg Affected (OL), One arm and one leg Affected (OAL), Blind (B), Low Vision (LV) & Hearing Handicapped (HH), are eligible for the post of Lower Division Clerk.
- All the posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate, on selection, may be asked to serve anywhere in the country
AGE LIMIT: 18-27 years as on 01.08.2014 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1987 and not later than 01-08-1996.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: ( As on 01.08.2014) Must have passed 12thStandard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
MODE OF PAYMENT: FEE PAYABLE Rs. 100/-(Rupees One Hundred only)
- For the candidates sending the application by POST: The candidates submitting Paper application should pay the fee by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps(CRFS)”only. CRFS are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country. Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose and got cancelled from the Counter of Post Office of issue with the date stamp of the Issuing Post Office in such a manner that the impression or the cancellation stamp partially overflows on the Application Form itself, taking care at the same time that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and Post Office of issue at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the Post Office, the candidate must submit their application to the concerned Regional Office/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities. Application with CRFS not cancelled by the post office will be rejected outright.
- For the candidates submitting their applications On-line: The candidates submitting their applications on-line should pay the requisite fee as per instructions in Annexure-II(B).
THE COMMISSION ENCOURAGES CANDIDATES TO APPLY ON-LINE. SUBMISSION OF „ON-LINE‟ APPLICATION AVOID DATA DISCREPANCIES. NON/WRONG DELIVERY OF ADMIT CARDS etc. AS ADMIT CARD CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION. CANDIDATES DESIROUS OF SUBMITTING ON LINE APPLICATIONS MAY DO SO. SUCH CANDIDATES SHOULD RETAIN THEIR REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ON LINE FOR CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY SHOULD NOT SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION. THE FACILITY OF ON-LINE APPLICATION REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT WEBSITE http://ssc.online.nic.in and http://ssconline2.gov.in. upto 19.08.2014 (5:00PM)PAYMENT THROUGH OFFLINE CHALLANS CAN BE MADE UPTO 21.08.2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 19.08.2014
Click here for More Details