Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) invites application for the recruitment of Operator-cum-Technician Trainee with Matriculation (10th/12th) / Diploma holders
Company name : Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Posts : Operator-cum-Technician Trainee
Qualification : Matriculation (10th/12th) / Diploma
Salary : Rs. 16800-3%-24110/-pm
No of Post : 110
Location : JHARKHAND
Last date to apply : 24/12/2014
Details of Post :
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of around Rs. 51,866 crores (FY 2013-14) is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, captive mines and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market.
Bokaro Steel Plant, one of the modernised integrated steel plants of SAIL employing a committed workforce of around 18000 employees is a producer of HR Coils/Sheets/Plates, CR Coils /Sheets, GP sheets /Coils. Bokaro Steel is working towards becoming a one-stop-shop for world-class flat steel products in India.
SAIL, Bokaro Steel Plant invites online applications from energetic, result oriented, promising and talented youth for the following posts for its existing & modernisation units.
- No of post : 110
- Pay Scale : Rs. 16800-3%-24110/-pm
- Essential Minimum Qualification : Matriculation & Three years full time Diploma in Engineering from Govt. recognized institute in any of the following disciplines: ( Metallurgy, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Ceramics)
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
Eligible candidates will be required to appear in Written Examination. On the basis of their performance in the Written Examination they will be called for Interview. Information for Written Exam and Interview will be provided on SAIL website www.sail.co.in only.
EMOLUMENTS AND OTHER BENEFITS:
The emoluments for the above mentioned posts of non-executive category in the substantive grade (S-3) will include basic pay (in the scales of pay revised for non-executives w.e.f. 01.01.2012), industrial dearness allowance [AICPI-198, Base 2001 = 100], reimbursement of local travelling expenses and other facilities such as medical facility for self and family, provident fund, gratuity (as per ceiling prescribed under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972), LTC etc. as per rules of the Company. In addition, House Rent Allowance will be paid only where Company accommodation is not available.
APPLICATION & PROCESSING FEES: General , OBC Rs. 250/- Departmental Candidates, Locally Displaced Person Rs. 50/-( Only processing fee)
- Candidate must be an Indian National possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by state Govt./Central Govt.
- Candidates not satisfying the requisite eligibility criteria specified in the advertisement need not apply. All certificates and documents in support of eligibility will be verified only during the interview and any candidate, who fails to produce the same, will not be allowed to appear for the Interview. Therefore, candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility before applying,
- While applying the candidates should enter their full name as it appears in the matriculation/secondary certificate.
- Candidates claiming benefit of reservation should submit Caste Certificates in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available in our website www.sail.co.in) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- If the SC/ST certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Upper age limit for PWD candidates is relaxable by 10 years. The physically challenged candidates are required to produce valid disability certificate issued by the Medical Board duly constituted as per Govt. guidelines. They have to satisfy the relaxed Physical Standard required for the posts.
- Ex-servicemen are required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his / her qualification from the competent authority at the time of interview.
- Candidates sponsored by Local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system along with requisite application/processing fees failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. SAIL/Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- The posts advertised are tentative. SAIL/Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. SAIL/Bokaro Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid.
- Physical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Policy.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process or using of unfair means will disqualify the candidate from selection.xiii) The advertisement is available on SAIL website: www.sail.co.in. Any subsequent information /changes for the recruitment process with respect to this advertisement/ employment notice shall be communicated through this website only. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of Interview and release order at the time of joining.
- No request for change of examination centre will be entertained after final submission of application form. However, SAIL/Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
- Laptops, mobiles, wrist watches, calculators, scales and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of the examination Centres.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they will be asked to produce it for future reference.
- Candidates possessing qualification of “Diploma in Engineering” through Distance mode/correspondence course/off campus are not eligible to apply.
- Preference to Local Displaced Persons shall be regulated in terms of the judgement dated 5th march ’08 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 1774 of 2008.
- Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to reject the applications that are not complete or do not conform to the eligibility requirements and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicants.
- If the candidates do not fulfill any of the conditions given in the Employment Notice his/her candidature will be cancelled at any stage whenever the discrepancy is noticed.
- Court of Jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Bokaro Steel City, Distt. Bokaro, Jharkhand.
- Starting date for submitting applications through website : 26/11/2014
- Closing date for submitting applications through website : 24/12/2014
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: www.sail.co.in (Career with us). No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of interview. Mere issue of admit card / interview call letter will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his eligibility.
- Before registering their applications on the website the candidates should possess the following: a) Valid e-mail ID, which should remain valid for at least one year. b) Candidates should ensure that they possess requisite qualification at the time of applying. c) Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) of Rs. 250/- (Non-refundable) for Operator-cum-Technician Trainee as application and processing fee for General/ OBC candidates. Local DP/ BSL Departmental candidates to possess Pay in Slip of Rs. 50/- (Non-refundable) only as processing fee. The Pay in Slip (SBIChallan) is to be downloaded from the website after filling in the required details. d) Candidates should have latest passport size photograph as well as photograph of signature in digital form (.jpg or .jpeg only of less than 500 kb size) for uploading with the application form. e) Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself. f) Category (General/ SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PWD/Ex-SM) once submitted in the application cannot be changed and no benefit of other category will be subsequently admissible. g) While filling on-line application the candidates must carefully follow all the steps. Incomplete application/ application without fee/application not fulfilling any eligibility criteria will be rejected summarily. No communication will be entertained from applicants in this regard.
- After applying online, the candidate is required to download the system generated Pay in slip & Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details.
- Candidates are not required to send any document to Bokaro Steel Plant at this stage. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAIL website as per schedule indicated below.
- The application being online, if during verification of documents prior to interview, it is found that the candidate does not possess the requisite eligibility criteria, he/she will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 24.12.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From SAIL|