Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Attendant cum Technician, Operator cum Technician through recruitment notification – Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. BSP-131 (RECTT.)/15-16. Candidates who have completed 10th, +2 Class, ITI, Diploma can apply for the new recruitment notification from Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Attendant cum Technician, Operator cum Technician Job on or before 9/9/2015. ind more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Vacancy Name : Attendant cum Technician, Operator cum Technician
Educational Qualification : 10TH, 12TH, ITI, Diploma
Total No of Vacancy : 482 Post
Salary : Rs.15,830-24,110/- p.m
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 9/9/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) , Across India
Detail of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Attendant cum Technician, Operator cum Technician Recruitment:
SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of around ` 50627 Crore is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market. Bhilai Steel Plant, a flag bearer Plant of SAIL and Eleven – times winner of Prime Minister’s Trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant in the country produces rails, heavy steel plates and structurals. BSP invites online application from young, energetic and positive minded individuals for 192 posts of Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) and 290 posts of Operator cum Technician (Trainee/ Boiler Operation).
- ELIGIBILITY: Age for ACT (Trainee) & OCT (Trainee/ Boiler Operation): Minimum 18 yrs. & Maximum 28 yrs. as on 09.09.2015. For the post of ACT(Trainee), relaxation in age up to 40 years as on 09.09.2015 shall be admissible to ex-Trade Apprentices of Bhilai Steel Plant who have passed AITT (68 to 75 batch) up to the year 2001.
- Minimum Qualification:
- For the Post of ACT (Trainee) ITI holders -Matriculation with ITI/ NCVT from Government recognized institute in the following trades: Fitter for ACT(T)-Fitter, Electrician for ACT(T)-Electrician, Welder for ACT(T)-Welder, Instrument Mechanic for ACT(T)-Instrument Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic for ACT(T)-Diesel Mechanic, Turner/Machinist for ACT(T)-Turner/Machinist, Mason for ACT(T)- Mason, Draftsman for ACT(T)-Draftsman. For HVD- Matriculation with Heavy Vehicle Driver (HVD) License having one year experience in operation of any Heavy Vehicle as on 09.09.2015.
- For the Post of OCT (Trainee) Diploma holders- Matriculation and three years full time Diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% marks from a Government recognized institute in any of the following disciplines: – Metallurgy for OCT(T)- Metallurgy, Electrical for OCT(T)-Electrical, Mechanical for OCT(T)-Mechanical, Electronics & Instrumentation or Electronics & Communication or Electronics or Instrumentation for OCT(T) – Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics/ Instrumentation and Civil for OCT(T) – Civil. For OCT – Boiler Operation – Matriculation and three years full time Diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% marks from a Government recognized institute with either First class or Second class certificate of Boiler Attendant competency as on 09.09.2015.
- RELAXATIONS: Age as on 09.09.2015: The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates with respect to posts reserved for them. Upper age is relaxable by 10 years for PwD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates, cumulative age relaxation is available for those PwD candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category. Ex-servicemen candidates will be granted age relaxation as per Govt. directives. Those domicile in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit. For departmental candidates the upper age limit shall be 45 years for the post of Operator cum Technician (Trainee/ Boiler Operation).
- EMOLUMENTS AND OTHER BENEFITS: The emoluments for the above mentioned posts of non-executive category in the regular grade of S-3/S-1 will include basic pay (in the scales of pay revised for non-executives w.e.f. from 01.01.2012), industrial dearness allowance [AICPI-198, Base 2001=100], reimbursement of local travelling expenses and other facilities such as medical facility for self and family, provident fund, gratuity (as per ceiling prescribed under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972), LTC, etc. as per rules of the Company. In addition House Rent Allowance will be paid only where Company accommodation is not available.
- APPLICATION FEE:
- Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee/ Boiler Operation) General, OBC ` 250/-
- Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee) General, OBC ` 150/
Selection Procedure for Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) – Attendant cum Technician, Operator cum Technician Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 9/9/2015.
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a Written Test, information for which will be provided in the Admit Card. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Written Test will be intimated to appear in Interview or practical/ driving test and interview, as the case may be through careers page of SAIL website. Weightage of marks for written test and interview will be in the ratio of 80:20 respectively. However, in case of ACTHVD, since driving test will also be conducted along with written test and interview, the weightage of marks will be in the ratio of 75:10:15 for written: practical/ driving test: interview.
How to apply for Attendant cum Technician, Operator cum Technician Vacancy in Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) :
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: www.sail.co.in at ‘Careers’ link. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of interview. Mere issue of admit card for written test/ interview will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his/her eligibility. BSP reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant. All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/ interview call letters etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card/interview call letter/ any other information shall be of the candidate. SAIL, BSP will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non-receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time. Candidates are not required to send any document to BSP at this stage. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAIL website as per schedule indicated below. The candidate applying for the post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as per advertisement. Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any stage of the selection process, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post will be cancelled forthwith.
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply. All certificates of eligibility will be verified at the time of interview only and any candidate failing to produce the same will not be allowed in the interview. Therefore, candidates must ensure their eligibility before submission of application.
- Candidate possessing the requisite qualification through Distance mode/ Correspondence/ off Campus are not eligible to apply.
- For calculation of percentage of marks acquired by the candidate in Diploma in Engineering, percentage/ marks considered by the Board/University/Institution for award of Diploma will be taken. In absence of the same, marks acquired and the total marks of all semesters/ years will be considered.
- Candidates studying in final semester/year and would be expecting their final result within three months of closing date of application can also apply. However, they will have to produce the final certificate of eligibility qualification at the time of interview, otherwise their candidature will not be entertained and they will not be allowed to appear in interview.
- Candidates applying for more than one post should register separately with separate application/ processing fee.
- The term departmental candidates mean those candidates who are currently working with SAIL as permanent employees and not wards of SAIL employees.
- No traveling expense would be payable to candidates called for written test and preemployment medical examination. Travelling expense to the extent of sleeper class rail fare for the shortest route will be reimbursed only to SC/ST/PwD candidates on production of proof of journey performed by the candidates appearing at interview. (Web version)
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- The prescribed qualification/ experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for written test/interview. SAIL, BSP’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- Ex Serviceman candidate is required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his/her qualification from the competent authority at the time of interview.
- Selected candidates shall also be required to serve in any of the mines owned by Bhilai Steel Plant.
- The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in (at ‘Careers’ link). Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- The vacancies shown are provisional and liable to be increased or decreased or may be reduced to nil; in which case Bhilai Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages.
- While applying, Candidate must write his/her name as it appears in the educational certificate of Matriculation or equivalent examination.
- Candidates sponsored by local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidates employed in Govt. departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of interview.
- If the SC/ST/OBC/PwD certificate or any other certificate/ documents has been issued in a language other than English/ Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- No request for change of examination centre will be entertained. However, BSP reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
- Laptop, mobile, wrist watch, calculator, scale and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of examination centre.
- Candidates must retain BSP’s copy of Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they will be asked to produce it for future reference.
- BSP reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the requirements advertised, if need so arise, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
- Submission of online application itself will mean that applicant has read, understood and agreed to all the terms enlisted in the advertisement and also aware of it. Therefore, candidate must be sure that he/she understands the terms before submission of application.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Durg.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 9/9/2015
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Recruitment 2014 – ADVT. NO. BSP-131 (RECTT.)/15-16.
26-02-2017 , 27-02-2017