Tamil Nadu Fisheries University (TNFU) invites application for the recruitment of Assistant Professor with MFSc educational background
Company name : Tamil Nadu Fisheries University(TNFU)
Posts : Assistant Professor
Qualification : BSc, M Phil / Phd, MSc
Salary : Rs. 15,600-39,100/-pm
No of Openings : 19
Location : Nagapattinam
Last date to apply : 01.12.2014
Details of Post :
- No of post : 19
- Qualification :
- Good academic record as defined by the University with at least 55% of marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant / concerned subject or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. A minimum OGPA of 2.25/4.00 or 6.50/10.00 or its equivalent is essential. The candidates should possess the basic degree of B.F.Sc. In the discipline of Fish Quality Assurance and Management, the candidates with M.F.Sc. degree in Fish Quality Assurance and Management / Industrial Fish Processing Technology / Fish Processing Technology / Post Harvest Technology / Industrial Fishery technology alone can apply;
- For the candidates having Master’s degree, National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the ASRB, UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC shall remain compulsory along with one publication in NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi) rated refereed journal for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor and equivalent in the disciplines in which NET is conducted. Essentiality of NET can be waived off for the candidates holding the Ph.D., degree provided it has been done with course work as prescribed by the UGC Regulations 2009, and the candidate has atleast two full length publications having NAAS rating not less than 4, on the last day of submission of application. Those candidates with Ph.D., degree without course work will not qualify for NET exemption.
- NET shall also not be required for such Masters Programme in disciplines for which NET is not conducted.
- Salary : Rs. 15,600-39,100/-pm
- The application form shall be filled in, complete in all respects, giving correct information. Defective and incomplete applications and those with wrong or false information will be rejected.
- The application form along with a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.500/- and in the case of SC/ST Rs.250/- drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, Nagapattinam should be sent so as to reach the Registrar of the University before the prescribed time and date. Application unaccompanied by the Demand Draft will be rejected. TNFU employees are exempted from payment of Registration fees.
- Persons who are already working in State or Central Government or any other organization should send their applications through proper channel / Employer. Any delay in sending the applications through proper channel / Employer is not the responsibility of this University. Advance copies of the applications reaching Registrar, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, 1st line Beach Road, Nagapattinam-611 001, within the prescribed time limit shall be entertained. However, in such cases the candidates called for interview shall have to produce no objection certificate or original application duty forwarded by the competent authority, failing which he/she shall not be allowed to appear before the selection committee.
- Candidates may send copies of testimonials from persons intimately acquainted with his/ her work and character and must also give name and address of three persons to whom references can be made. If he/she has been in employment he should either give his present or more recent employer or immediate superior as a referee or submit a recent testimonial from him. He/She should also submit an attested copy of the entry relating to his / her date of birth, from the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate and attested copies of his/her Degree Certificate or / and Diploma testimonials.
- If a candidate desires to name as a referee any person residing outside India he/she should write to that person asking him to send direct to the Registrar, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, 1st line Beach Road, Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu, India, a statement of his opinion concerning the candidate’s character and suitability for the post. The reply will be treated as confidential.
- Evidence of Degree/Diploma Certificates and testimonials should be brought in original only at the time of interview.
- Separate application with separate Registration fee is required for each post.
- Applications should reach the Office of the Registrar, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, 1st line Beach Road, Nagapattinam-611 001, before the time and date fixed. Applications received after the last date shall stand rejected automatically.
- Candidates who apply for teaching posts in Fisheries faculty Bachelor of Fisheries Science is a mandatory qualification.
- Candidates who apply for Engineering / Technology posts, the eligibility criteria shall be as per AICTE and UGC from time to time.
- Eligible candidates will be informed about the date and place of interview through intimation. However, University will not take any responsibility for non-receipt or delayed receipt of the intimation by a candidate.
- Applicants for the post of Assistant Professor and equivalent should indicate clearly whether they have qualified the NET.
- Period mentioned in the columns viz., Teaching/ Research/ Extension/ Administration should tally with the total period of experience committed.
How to apply:
The duly filled in application should reach the Register, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, Nagapattinam-611 001 on or before 5.00 pm on 01.12.2014
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :01.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From TNFU|