Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Assistant through recruitment notification – Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Recruitment 2015 – Advertisement No.422. Candidates who have completed Any Master’s Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Research Assistant Job on or before 4/11/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
Vacancy Name : Research Assistant
Educational Qualification : Any Masters Degree
Total No of Vacancy : 04 post
Salary : Rs.34,800/p.m
Job Location : Tamil Nadu
Last Date to Apply for this job :4/11/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy :TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION,Tamil Nadu
Detail of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Research Assistant Recruitment:
- Research Assistant in Statistics (2011 – 2012) Post Code 2107 :A Master’s Degree of any recognized University or Institution with Statistics or Mathematics as the Main subject Provided that other things being equal, preference shall be given to candidates who possess experience in Statistical Investigation or in analysis of Statistical work for a period of one year
- Research Assistant in Economics(2011 – 2012) Post Code 2110 :Must hold a Master’s Degree in First or Second class with Economics as Main Subject.
- Research Assistant in Geography(2011-2012) Post Code 2111 : Must hold a Master’s Degree in First or Second class with Geography as Main Subject.
- Research Assistant in Sociology(2011-2012) Post Code 2112 : Must hold a Master’s Degree in First or Second class with Sociology as Main Subject. Or Social Work as Main Subject
- IMPORTANT DATES:- Date and Time of Written Examination D Paper – I (Subject of Examination) (P.G. Degree Standard) 13.12.2015 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.
Paper – II (General Studies) (Degree Standard) 13.12.2015 AN 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M. 3.
- QUALIFICATIONS:- (A) AGE (as on 01.07.2015) Sl. No. Category of Candidates Minimum Age (Should have completed) Maximum Age 1. SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all Castes 18 Years No Maximum Age Limit 2. Others [i.e candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs] 18 Years Below 30 Years NOTIFICATION NO: 16/2015 DATED: 05.10.2015 Advertisement No.422 A Date of Notification 05.10.2015 B Last date for submission of applications and for uploading of the prescribed qualification Certificate (P.G. Degree Certificate) 04.11.2015 C Last date for payment of Fee 06.11.2015
- Knowledge of Tamil: Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification (for details refer para 11 of the Instructions to Candidates)
- Computer Based Test (CBT): The candidate has to appear for the examination where he/she has been allotted to the examination. Change of centre or venue is not permitted. He has to carry the Hall Ticket (Admission Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue. Each Candidate will be assigned a Computer to take up the examination. Candidates will be provided with a user name and password to login the system. Necessary instructions will be displayed on screen. Kindly read all the instructions carefully. Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic and/or communication device into the examination hall. They are advised not to bring the electronic gadgets with them. Computer Based Test (CBT) is similar to paper pen shading test. In CBT, questions with four options each will be displayed in the computer screen. Candidate has to click the best answer to the question. Candidates can proceed to the next question by clicking next button. Or previous question by clicking previous button. Candidates can review any question and the answers, and the answers can be changed at any time before the closure of examination. They can skip the questions also, if they desire so. Candidate can use only the mouse to select the correct answers and proceed with answering the questions. The Question and optional answers will be shuffled randomly and displayed to the candidate. 6 Candidate can submit their answers at any time during the examination. Once the answers are submitted, the candidates have no option to proceed further. If the candidate fails to submit their answers, the system will automatically submit the answers to the server, at the closure of the examination. No computer knowledge is required to take up the CBT. Knowledge in Mouse operation is sufficed to take up the CBT. The question and answers can be zoomed to the required level for the candidates with visual impairment.
Selection Procedure for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) – Research Assistant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 4/11/2015.
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test. (Refer para 23 (b) of instruction to candidates).
How to apply for Research Assistant Vacancy in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) :
- Click here www.tnpscexams.net / www.tnpscexams.in 12. OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:- a. Candidates should upload the prescribed qualification certificates (Post Graduate) along with the online application.
- Candidates should ensure their eligibility for examination: The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying of the eligibility conditions. Mere issue of memo of admission to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been fully cleared by the Commission.
- How to apply: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.tnpsc.gov.in , www.tnpscexams.net.and www.tnpscexams.in
- The Hall Tickets for eligible candidates will be made available in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net and www.tnpscexams.in for downloading by candidates. No Hall Tickets will be sent by post. So, the candidates / applicants should watch TNPSC website since ahead / before the scheduled date of Examinations. 8
- Facilitation counter for guidance of candidates: In case of any guidance / information /clarification of their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office in person or over Telephone No.044- 25332833/25332855 or the Commission’s Office Toll-Free No. 1800 425 1002 on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 05.45 p.m. f. Mobile Phones and other Articles Banned:- (i) Candidates are not allowed to bring Pager, Cellular Phone, Calculator, Memory Notes and books etc. or any other Electronic device or Recording Device either as separate piece or part of something used by the candidate such as Watch or Ring. (ii) If they are found to be in possession of any such thing or instrument they will not be allowed to write the examination further, besides invalidation of answer paper and / or debarment. If it is considered necessary they will be subjected for a physical search including frisking on the spot. (iii) Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article such as books, notes, loose sheets mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Text Books, rough sheets etc. except the permitted writing material i.e. pen. No colour pen or pencil must be used. (iv) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including Mobile Phones / Pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured.
- Candidates are not required to submit along with their application any certificates in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Experience, Community Certificates and certificates regarding their Physical Disability, etc., They should be submitted when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. (Written) Examination and Oral Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the (written) Examination and Oral Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
- If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, or false it will lead to rejection / debarment. i. Unfair means strictly prohibited: No candidate shall copy from the papers of any other candidate nor permit his papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
- Conduct in Examination Hall: No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create a disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely viewed & penalised. 9 The Online Application can be submitted upto 04.11.2015 till 11.59 p.m., after which the link will be disabled (For detailed information the candidates may refer Commission’s ‘Instructions to the candidates’ at the Commission’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in)
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job4/11/2015
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Recruitment 2014 – Advertisement No.422.
24-01-2017 , 25-01-2017