Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer through recruitment notification – Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION NO: 10 /2015. Candidates who have completed B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Assistant Engineer on or before 12/08/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
Vacancy Name :Assistant Engineer
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
Total No Of Vacancy : 213 Posts
Salary : Rs. 15,600 – 39,100/-pm
Job Location : Tamil Nadu
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 12/08/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC), Across Tamil Nadu
Detail Of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Assistant Engineer Recruitment:
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 12.08.2015 for Direct Recruitment to the following post.
- Name of the Service: Tamil Nadu Highways Engineering Service (Service Code No.011)
- No. of Vacancies: 126 + 84* + 3 c/f [BC(G) (Deaf)-1, MBC/DC (G) (Deaf)-1, SC(G) (Deaf)-1]
- Qualification: A degree in Civil Engineering OR A pass in Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations under Civil Engineering Branch.
- Scale of Pay: Rs. 15600 – 39100 + Grade pay Rs.5400/- p.m.
- AGE (as on 01.07.2015): 18 Years – No Age limit
Selection Procedure For Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) – Assistant Engineer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 12/08/2015
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination in OMR Format and (ii) Oral Test. (For further details refer paragraph 23 (b) of the ‘Instructions to candidates’).
- The Rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to the post and the distribution of vacancies will be as per rule in force.
- In G.O. (Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.) No.40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.04.2014 the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. (Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM reservation certificate, shall be produced by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma available in the Commission’s website at ‘www.tnpsc.gov.in’ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution. (For further details refer para 29 (xix) of the Instructions to the candidates).
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- If no qualified and suitable woman candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- BC(Deaf), MBC/DC(Deaf) and SC(Deaf) turns are being notified as carried forward vacancies for the first time and the vacancies will be filled as mentioned in Annexure-III of the notification.
- As per G.O.Ms.No.53 Social Welfare & Nutritious Meal Programme Department dated 11.04.2005 Deaf and Orthopedically handicapped persons alone are eligible for 3% reservation of vacancies intended for Differently Abled persons for the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Highways Department. Further, as per G.O.Ms.No.25, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP2.1) Department, dated 14.03.2013 the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Highways Department has been identified as suitable for OA/OL/HH categories of Differently Abled persons (OA-One Arm / OL-One Leg / HH – Hard of Hearing) for 3% reservation of vacancies intended for Differently Abled persons.
- The Differently Abled persons should produce a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-servicemen” will not apply to this recruitment.
- Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- The selection for appointment to the above said posts is purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed in Madras High Court and High Court of Madurai Bench.
- Correct and true information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organisation, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc, if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the judgement of Acquittals, order/ or G.O. Dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification.
- The original certificate for any claim relating to the selection (not related to candidature or /and claims made in the application) should be produced when called for. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility age/ category of reservation / educational qualification will be liable for rejection
- EXAMINATION FEE:- Rs.175/- (Rupees one hundred and Seventy five only) be paid. (i.e. Cost of Application Rs. 50/- + Examination fee Rs.125/-) Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay Rs.50/- towards Application cost. (No exemption for cost of application) Candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office or Fee Processing Agency. Candidates can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of Five years from the date of one time registration. Offline mode of payment in the form of DD/ Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the fee will not ordinarily be refunded. The applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected. Those who have registered in the one time registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs.50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e., Rs. 50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone. Candidates who have made one time registration must apply for the notified post. One time registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of registration.(For further details regarding the Examination fee concessions refer paragraph 12 of the Instructions to the candidates’).
How To Apply For Assistant Engineer Vacancy in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC):
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net.
- Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.
- A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number are mandatory for registration and email ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. You are cautioned to keep your e-mail ID and pass word confidentially. TNPSC will send Hall Tickets (Memorandum of Admission) for Main Written Examination, Interview Call Letters, Other Memos etc. to the registered / given e-mail ID only.
- All the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied, Communal Category, Educational qualification, Date of birth, Address, e-mail ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields, viz., Name, Date of Birth, Community are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. (For details refer para. 2 of the ‘Instructions to the Candidates’)
- The candidates who wish to receive SMS should register their mobile number in the application.
- APPLYING ONLINE: 1) Candidates are first required to log on to the TNPSC’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net. 2) Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form. 3) Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply. 4) If you already have Unique ID, enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary. 5) If you do not have valid ID, enter all the required particulars without skipping any field. 6) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected. 7) Candidates must upload the Provisional or Degree certificate in support of their educational qualification and ‘Community certificate’ in case of those who claims quota under communal reservations. Candidates who claim reservation under Special categories like PSTM and Differently Abled Persons must also upload the certificates obtained from competent Government authorities failing which their applications will be rejected. 8) Candidates who claim equivalence of qualification for the notified educational qualification must upload the copy of G.O. in support of their claim. Note: Candidate who have One Time Registration ID (Unique ID) and password, have to apply separately for all Notifications. One Time Registration will not be considered as an application for any post.
- Mode of Fee Payment:- Select the mode of payment (Online Payment/Offline Payment) 11(C) ONLINE PAYMENT (Net Banking, Credit card/Debit card) 1) In case candidates who wish to pay fees through the online payment gateway, i.e. Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit card Payment, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment. 2) After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge. 3) If the online transaction has been successfully completed an Application Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Application Number and Password for future reference in respect of the post applied for.
- OFFLINE PAYMENTS (Post Office or Indian Bank) 1) For offline mode of payment candidates have to select either Post Office or Indian Bank Branch. 2) Click “SUBMIT” to submit the Application form. 3) Candidates will be provided with Application Number and password. Please note down the Application Number and password. 4) On Submission, system will generate the payment Chalan which the candidates need to take print out and go to the nearest branch of Indian bank or the Designated Post Offices as the case may be, to make the payment. 5) Collect the candidate’s copy of the fee payment Chalan from the Branch. Please check that the Chalan is properly signed and the details of Transaction Number, Branch Name, DP Code Number and Deposit Date have been noted in the Chalan by the Branch authorities. 6) Online Application Registration will be taken as successful one, only if the payment is made either in the post office or in the Indian Bank within two working days from the date of registration/submission of application.
- Payment of fee other than online payment / offline payment viz. in the form of D.D (Demand Draft) / Postal order etc. will not be accepted and the fee will not ordinarily be refunded.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 12/08/2015
Reference: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION NO: 10 /2015