Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Statistical Investigator through recruitment notification – Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT NO.: 413. Candidates who have completed Degree, B.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC).
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Assistant Statistical Investigator Job on or before 03.06.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
Vacancy Name : Assistant Statistical Investigator
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate, B.sc
Total No of Vacancy : 268 Post
Salary : Rs.5,200-20,200/- p.m
Job Location : Across India
Last Date to Apply for this job : 03.06.2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) , Across India
Detail of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Assistant Statistical Investigator Recruitment:
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 03.06.2015 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies in the following post:-
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Salary||Age|
|Assistant Statistical Investigator in the Department of Economics and Statistics (2014) (Post Code. 1824)||268 + (2 c/f vacancies: MBC/DC (G) (Deaf) SC (G) – Deaf)||Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent Qualifications. Degree in Statistics; OR Any one of the following degree with Statistics as an ancillary / allied subject (i) Degree in Mathematics (ii) Degree in Computer Science (iii) Degree in Economics (iv) Degree in Computer Applications OR Any Degree with Post Graduate Degree in Operations Research/ Econometrics / Mathematical Economics. Provided that the candidates with the above Degrees other than Statistics are expected to be fully conversant with basic level concepts of Statistics including Bayes’ theorem in Probability, Probability distributions like Binomial, Poisson, Normal, t, Chi-Square & F, Probability Generating Functions, Moment Generating Function, Theory of Estimation, Testing of Hypothesis using various Statistical Tests like Z, t, F, Chi-Square, basics of Multiple Regression and Multivariate analysis and Sampling design. In addition, they should have basic skills in using MS-Excel for Statistical data analysis.||Rs.5,200 – 20,200/- (PB1) + Grade Pay 2,800/-||18-30 years|
- The Rule of reservation of appointments applies to this recruitment. As far as reservation for ‘third gender’ is concerned, the Government of India order in pursuance of the judgement of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in W.P.(Civil) 604 of 2013 is awaited.
- In G.O. Ms. No. 145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons studied the above prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. The turns for PSTM has been ordered in G.O. Ms. No. 40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.04.2014. (Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the above prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. (For further details refer para. 29 (xix) of the ‘Instructions to candidates’).
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before finalisation of selection.
- If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
EXAMINATION FEE: –
- Examination fee Rs.150/- (Examination Fee Rs.100/- + Cost of Application Rs.50/-) (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty only)
- Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay Rs.50/- towards Application Cost. (No exemption for cost of application)
- Candidates should also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office orFee Processing Agency.
- Candidates can avail of the facility of one time Registration on payment of Rs.50/- towards Registration fee. The registration shall be valid for a period of Five Years from the date of one time registration.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc., will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
- Those who have registered in the one time registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs.50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e. Rs.50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone.
- Candidates who have made One – Time Registration must apply for this post also. (One – Time Registration is only to avail exemption for application fee for a period of 5 years from the date of Registration) (For further details regarding the Examination fee concessions refer para 12 of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’).
Selection Procedure for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) – Assistant Statistical Investigator Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 06.2015.
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together and subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test. (For further details refer paragraph 23(b) of the ‘Instructions to the candidates’).
How to apply for Assistant Statistical Investigator Vacancy in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) :
- Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net
- Before applying, the candidates should have scanned image of their photograph and signature in CD/DVD/Pen drive as per their convenience.
- A valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number are mandatory for registration and e-mail ID should be kept active till the declaration of results. Candidates are cautioned to keep your e-mail ID and password confidentially since communications will be sent to the mobile and e-mail.
- All the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Post Applied, Communal Category, Educational qualification, Date of birth, Address, e-mail ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for applying online. Since certain fields are firm and fixed and cannot be edited, candidates are requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care and caution as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. [For further details refer para 2 (How to apply) of Instructions to Candidates]
- The candidates who wish to receive SMS should register their mobile number in the application
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 03.06.2015
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Recruitment 2014 – ADVERTISEMENT NO.: 413.
28-10-2016 , 29-10-2016